SAU Community

braided lines

My brake pistons are getting a little sticky, so I think I want to replace the hoses. Does anyone know where I can get braided lines from, and roughly how much they are? Actually, how much are normal lines? If the braided ones are too expensive I might have to settle for normal ones.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Miss_Nismo

Too bad your not in Adelaide, I just got braided brake lines done at a place South Glenelg Brake Service and they were reasonably priced.

Guest Miss_Nismo
Originally posted by Silver-Arrowz

Race brakes make braided hose lines and they are street legal too. About 500 bucks I think.

shit i paid nowhere near that

I don't care if they are ADR approved or not, I will paint them black so any cops will think they're rubber :D

Silver-Arrowz, is that $500 for all 4 or just the fronts? Miss_Nismo, how much were yours? If they can make them up without having to match them up to my hoses, do you think they'd mail-order them across to Sydney?

Oh, in case anyone's wondering, I also plan to re-condition the calipers. The rubber seals should be easy enough to get for a reasonable price (I imagine, will check on Monday).

Try and get a group buy happening, i will definitaly be interested.

I have heard that braided lines, a firewall flex stopper, good pads and top rate oil will dramatically improve your braking and void the need to change your rotors (when increasing performance is increased).

Well, there is a very good reason why they have to be ADR approved. Race brakes make them up and send it off to ADR to get them pressure tested. Last thing you want is to lose pressure in your brake lines cause the lines burst.

500 is for all round.

i don't know whether this helps or not, but one of the magazines - i think it was HPI or one of the other ones, not hot4's or fastfours had a whole article on how to make your own a couple of months back - the whole lot only ended up costing just over $100 bucks off the top of my head - i'll go and have a look to see whether i can find it now and i'll post them up if i find them.

skysaresilver they were making oil and water lines, not suitable way to make brake lines.

There are plenty of places that can make braided brake lines, but only the ones that have been certified are legal, i assume they fit some type of tag to them.

ooh ooh group buy

i want to beef up my brakes still (got pedal issues) and my brakes mechanic said that i wouldnt need braided lines but i wanna hit em hard on trackdays.

JimX, i got Greg at Race Brakes to do my braided lines as well.

Since my brake boostor and master cylinder were showing dire signs of wear I actually had them rebuild my calipers, brake boostor and master cylinder as well. Mainly for peace of mind as my car sees a bit of track work.

Nowthe car stops well, and more importantly stops very consistantly. The feel thru the pedal is much improved.

Guest Miss_Nismo
Originally posted by Silver-Arrowz

How much did you pay? Are they ADR approved?

yes they are

Originally posted by Miss_Nismo

yes they are

So..... How much were they, and will they mail them to Sydney? PM me if you don't want to disclose details publically.

I got some more prices from Race Brakes, the braided lines are $110 each (rubber is $85 each so there's no point in getting them), and the caliper recondition kits are $48 per corner.

I can (just) afford the recondition kits, but not the braided lines at this stage. I think I will just replace the brake fluid and replace both seals and hoses in about 6 months time when I have some spare cash. I don't want to replace the seals only to find I have to do it again later because the old deteriorating hoses have pushed a bunch of crap back into them.

I'd like to do what ur doin JimX but i think that what i currently have should be doing then what it currently is. My setup:

Standard Calipers

Bendix Ultimates

DBA Slotted Rotors

320c Brake fluid

Ever since boiling my brake fluid (old fluid) at EC Trackday a month ago i got new fluid put in and my pedal is low and firm and i dont have the confidence in it like i used to have with the standard setup.

Im thinking that they just didn't bleed it properly or that i toasted my pads or something which need to be replaced but im not sure.

I'd like to upgrade whatever needs to be upgraded so that i can do 5x 7 lap races at eastern creek and drive home with my brakes feeling the same as when i arrived that morning.