SAU Community

Stock 32 Gtr

orionS15

looking at buying a completely stock standard r32 gtr, stock right down to the airbox!

seems that due to the tired nature of these cars they often require an engine rebuild

but i think that maybe because the car is completely stock, and has a non worn chipped looking intake plenum, that it may be ok

could this be an okay assumption??

has anyone done a rebuild with all genuine nissan parts only

my plan is to keep the car in immaculate condition and stock as it will stay with me as a timeless collectors item,

possibly collect all the gtr family over time :P

You will hate going from that neat as S15 of yours to a 18+ y/o GTR, much rougher, older, ect. Trust me on this, I had the exact same idea , cept I wanted to mod the shit outta shit! Even if you find a super stock clean one (which will be hard and VERY expenisve) there is always stuff that just does not last 18+ years and will break.

I would be looking at 33GTR's as they are a total bargain at the moment.

I almost purchased this one, but then decided to go back to uni. Uni + GTR = no money for food!

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=11540

Works ok for me. It was a spotless midnight purple 33GTR with 18" gold VOLK GT-C's, hot as.

If you want to clear debt then DO NOT GET A GTR! Your story sounds alot like mine mate! I sold S15 (mine was more about no lisence for a year but also some debt) looked at countless 32GTR's, decided they are a total money pit that would cost more than, and be less pleasent to drive daily than the s15, settled on a nice 33 gts-t which I'm very happy with.

Nick

a stock one is the way to go as it is more likeley to have been looked after.

if your in victoria thers a couple going in the mt waverley area that are stock as a rock (even down to the exhaust!!!)

im looking for the same thing at the moment, theres alot of bad ones out there!

:P WOOT 100 POSTS AT LAST!!!!! :bunny::)

You won't clear any debt with a GTR only create it.

I was thinking the same thing.

Glad someone posted it :P

And further to that, never 'assume' anything.

Ive seen SOOOOO many cars that come over looking 'stock as a rock', yet you get into it and the car took a flogging in japan and treater poorly

You will hate going from that neat as S15 of yours to a 18+ y/o GTR, much rougher, older, ect. Trust me on this, I had the exact same idea , cept I wanted to mod the shit outta shit! Even if you find a super stock clean one (which will be hard and VERY expenisve) there is always stuff that just does not last 18+ years and will break.

I would be looking at 33GTR's as they are a total bargain at the moment.

I almost purchased this one, but then decided to go back to uni. Uni + GTR = no money for food!

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=11540

Based on my 'real experience' I doubt he will hate going from an S15 to the R32 GTR if he's interested in how it drives. There are peice of crap examples of both cars to be found just as there are excellent ones.

I have owned a few cars in my time and I'm on the second R32 GTR, I am ruined for life they are just a fantastic experience.

Ownership does require some financial maturity, so you made a good call not getting one if you were a student at the time and it was going to be a daily driver.

my plan is to keep the car in immaculate condition and stock as it will stay with me as a timeless collectors item

Take a look at this, it may be what your after... absolutely immaculate R32 GTR VSpecII for $35K with under 20K on the clock - R33 Nismo crate engine....... drool.........

http://www.imports101.com.au/view.php?car=1693

As stock as it appears i would budget for a rebuild in the near future. If i could do it all again i would get one dirt cheap with a blown engine but a great body and interior.

As for S15 or later model cars compared to the 32GTR, the 32 has rattles and creaks but it makes up for it where it counts :P

And yes be prepared for some financial maturity lol.

orion if you can actually keep it stock you are on to a winner.

that many GTRs get boosted, thrashed and bastardised that a good standard one will be a real rarity in years to come.

don't forget that most of the GTRs are 15 years old and making twice factory power when they blow their motor up. A relitively standard gtr should last fine with good maintenance.

I think he is budgeting for a rebuild at some stage, which he could still probably do with the money from the s15 with the price of 32 gtr's these days. Whether or not there will be much oney left over to pay off debts is another thing... but atleast will have the peace of mind of having a stock gtr with a freshly built motor. But yeh i think using it as a daily will seem quite different to the 2002 model s15...

orion if you can actually keep it stock you are on to a winner.

that many GTRs get boosted, thrashed and bastardised that a good standard one will be a real rarity in years to come.

don't forget that most of the GTRs are 15 years old and making twice factory power when they blow their motor up. A relitively standard gtr should last fine with good maintenance.

thankyou!

im really think it will be a rareity now and surely in the future to see an imaculate stock 32 gtr

no mods, just a shit load of turtle wax :rofl:

BTW someone BUY MY CAR!!

merry christmas!

im looking at a R32 gtr as well come july next year...

are they really as bad money pits as people say?

whats the problems that are normally associated with them?

i do plan on a pretty decent rebuild/resto in teh next couple of years, still worth it?

Edited by trism

im looking at a R32 gtr as well come july next year...

are they really as bad money pits as people say?

whats the problems that are normally associated with them?

i do plan on a pretty decent rebuild/resto in teh next couple of years, still worth it?

performance cars are money pits...

many times quoted; cheap / fast / reliable ---------- pick two.

If you are budget minded avoid a GTR or any car of similar performance.

yeah, well I've kind of ended up with a pretty stock gtr because of the rules of the class it races in. A lot of people on SAU get carried away with how much power they can make etc etc 400kwatw etc etc.

Once you've replaced a lot of the regular wear and tear pieces lile bushes, shocks, springs, timing belts, coil packs etc etc they drive well. I've spent a fair bit on standard parts including from nissan but it handles really well now.

these cars run great standard and I've got no reason to believe a properly maintainted one wouldn't run for ages.