SAU Community

Summernats Sunday, Auto One Classic Car Display

a20089

HI All ACT members.

Very short notice but if you are interested please PM me your details and post in this thread. I'll consolidate and send to Bruce.

If you see this notive late I will ask Bruce if he can let any more in.

What you and your club need to do to be apart of this event

By Sunday 23 December 2007, details of cars and participants cars must be provided to Bruce Perry with :-

1. Owners Name

2. Vehicle type and year

3. Vehicle Rego

4. Number of people attending, Adults and Children

5. Email address

6. Name of Club

7. Postal address of Club, or individual

8. Name of your clubs liaison person, if applicable

On the day, all vehicles will meet at Dickson College (corner of Antill St and Phillip Ave Watson) between 8:00 and 9:15 am, Once there, Officials will:

Ensure the vehicle is on the attendance list.

Check to see if Vehicle is registered or on valid permit (no unregistered vehicles will be allowed to enter Summernats 20)

Place wristbands on all entrants (max 2 adults and number of children who legally fit inside the vehicle)

Place window sticker on Vehicle

The display is on the grass in the main arena, they have for the life of Summernats never had a car damaged in the arena while on display.

Just like displaying your car for wheels, drive in leave the car and collect at the end of the day.

Keep in mind though that every entrant and his car has access to this area so there can be a fair amount of traffic

I've emailed off the information with everyone who PM'd me.

Ladybytes you had 3 adults where only 2 would get free entry so I explained you needing to care for Steady Eddy. If that doesn't work you are going to have to bring a 2nd car or dress him up in baby clothes :-)

I've emailed off the information with everyone who PM'd me.

Ladybytes you had 3 adults where only 2 would get free entry so I explained you needing to care for Steady Eddy. If that doesn't work you are going to have to bring a 2nd car or dress him up in baby clothes :-)

Okay put Steadys car down too if he hasn't already, I'm pretty sure I'll have a friend coming from Narrabri who I didn't want to abandon on the day, happy to pay for for them instead or they can travel with Steady.

The dummy thing just might work except the last time I saw Steady in baby clothes and a dummy he was spanking the monkey... it might give him away. (sorry Steady, didn't mean to walk in on ya)

OK I've got an extension of time till the 1st so if anyone else wants to come along they can.

Ladybytes if you want to wait until the 1st to get confirmation on who's coming and what cars. I already have permission for Steady Eddy to get free entry with you as the third adult.

Just for the sake of peoples cars,

I dont advice people entering (full entrant)jap cars on the bases that the bogans dont like it. (just keep it in mind)

They souldnt be a problem on the grass arena but i know that on the cruise root they can get really bad with the jap imports.

Just thought i would mention it for anyone who hasn't been.

The rotors had a really hard time last year.

I have not seen anyone on these forums that could enter as a full entrant anyway. Bogans are a potential problem where ever a car show is but we've never had a problem at other shows, and I don't expect a problem here either.

We should be on the grass on Sunday only (with hopefully the trouble makers kicked out before Sunday)

The more people/cars we have coming the more likely there we be someone we know hanging around the cars anyway.

Timetable for summernats attached

Summernats_Programme.pdf

Entrant advice (note we are not real entrants) but items 5 specifically allows for stock Nissan GTR's, item 8 talks about safest parking

Entrant_Advice_2008.pdf

I agree with BNR32t, its a very bad idea taking a Jap import car anywhere near Summernats...

I know a guy who took an R34 GTR to Summernats about 2 years ago only to have beer cans and crap thrown at it when he drove passed pissed V8 bogan idiots and there was nothing he could do about it because he only had one passenger and there are always 10 - 12 bogans in each roudy group.

When he complained to the organisers they apparently just told him that they couldnt do anything because he had no names (as if you can just stop and ask for names when someone is throwing shit at your car and screaming names at you)...

I would hate to see anyone's car from here get damaged... Summernats + pissed bogans + Jap cars = recipe for disaster.

You wont see my car on the road while Summernats is on.

With respect Bullet32 that seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to some yobbos that have never done anything to you.

I've driven past Summernats and around Canberra last nats and received only praise for the car (excluding one young yobbo at BP Civic, who cried out skylines sucks then ran away). That’s no different from driving a Holden GTS or a Ford GT-P. Have respect for each others cars and choices and you will avoid many problems.

We won't be competing, driving around, or doing anything that attracts attention of the yobbo's. Most yobbos will likely be watching the burn out comp or the Go-Whoa on Sunday.

I agree with BNR32t, its a very bad idea taking a Jap import car anywhere near Summernats...

I know a guy who took an R34 GTR to Summernats about 2 years ago only to have beer cans and crap thrown at it when he drove passed pissed V8 bogan idiots and there was nothing he could do about it because he only had one passenger and there are always 10 - 12 bogans in each roudy group.

When he complained to the organisers they apparently just told him that they couldnt do anything because he had no names (as if you can just stop and ask for names when someone is throwing shit at your car and screaming names at you)...

I would hate to see anyone's car from here get damaged... Summernats + pissed bogans + Jap cars = recipe for disaster.

Seen it happen many times, and its your choice for taking the car in and you have no insurance.

And driving around civic is a different thing all together.

But as John said, the cars arnt on the cruise root.

Howdy.You can count me in. Keep me posted. Been to 16 of the nats events so far. And I'm not worried about anyone damaging the cars.Besides Its normally on the Friday or Saturday night that shit happens. But on a sunday. Nut. They'd be too busy coming down from the night before. Or getting ready to head back home. Should be a good day. :)

With respect Bullet32 that seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to some yobbos that have never done anything to you.

I've driven past Summernats and around Canberra last nats and received only praise for the car (excluding one young yobbo at BP Civic, who cried out skylines sucks then ran away). That’s no different from driving a Holden GTS or a Ford GT-P. Have respect for each others cars and choices and you will avoid many problems.

We won't be competing, driving around, or doing anything that attracts attention of the yobbo's. Most yobbos will likely be watching the burn out comp or the Go-Whoa on Sunday.

Youre half right John...

The few times that I have been out to the Summernats in my car or gone to Braddon to park and watch some nice cars I have had good and bad reactions.

The reason that I am not going to be driving my car during Summernats is because I dont need to draw any extra attention from our "friendly neighbourhood constabulary", I would rather avoid being pulled over for a "random" vehicle inspection.

I will probably ride shotgun with someone else though.