How Do I Get Exhaust Flames?

sidewayssam

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been on the receiving end of a Bee*R limiter in the workshop.. 26 in a gts4, was standing on the back left of the car talking to someone when I heard the engine start to rev.. glanced at the exhaust pipe then BANG BANG BANG it hit the Bee*R limiter.. my left ear was ringing for several hours after :)

haha sorry bubba should have warned u b4 we did it

• 4 weeks later...

i got a few noobs questions lol,

my car frequently pops between gear changes and when decelerating, i got a atmo bov too, does that mean flames coming out every time it pops? ;) coz as u can guess i cant see my exhaust while im driving lol

and popping a lot doesnt mean misfire right...??

i got a few noobs questions lol,

my car frequently pops between gear changes and when decelerating, i got a atmo bov too, does that mean flames coming out every time it pops? :D coz as u can guess i cant see my exhaust while im driving lol

and popping a lot doesnt mean misfire right...??

I was told it isn't flames or missfire its just excess fuel being dumped in the exhaust and hence the pops. correct me if i'm wrong though.

i used to get heaps of pops on decel with the bov open about 30% but as soon as i got a pfc in it and tuned it stopped straight away or if i turned it to fully plumback.

Edited by Onthehunt

Apparently I get flames when it's more of a dull "whop" rather than the big "bangs", hence my theory is thus:

A BANG is the unburnt fuel igniting at the front of the exhaust and the flame/whop is the unburnt fuel making its' way to the muffler before it ignites.

</end-theory>

• 3 weeks later...

the flaim throwing kits that work with a switch and cupple of sparks in the exohst throw nice flaims for a long time without too much noise WOOOSH sound n they usualy throw flaims out far too.. iv installed one on a friends WRX and it looked mad how ever it did kill his starter motor with time..

Bee R will reduce the life of your turbo so its not realy worth that lil bangs that it gives out. or use a computer that has anti lag.

imho if you got no cat usualy ull get a lil bang anyways when u back off, no need for pushing it n runing nice parts n paint..

Edited by drmafia

U want flames..??? get a Flame Thrower.. EZYYYY but i think they r Gay.. I rather c someon driving hard n flames come cuz of Pure Power...

Enuff Said hehe :-)

Boooyaaaahhh Peace

-SeS

Edited by Black_CSR

• 1 month later...

i get popping sound too from my exhaust ... its just a simple lousy twin pipe .. plus im driving a non turbo skyline .. could it be the fuel pump or something which is not working properly .. i really dont expect a very stock non turbo skyline to make popping sounds ..

Flames and popping sounds and extremely powerful cars don't always go hand in hand. If your NA is running a bit rich, you will have excess fuel in the exhaust. Excess fuel + hot exhaust = potential for flamage :D

Usually the cat will catch most of the unburnt fuel, but if there is no cat, no reason why you won't get flames for the reasons above. Also, popping sound is normally infront of the cat, ie no flames. Flames are usually more of a whooshing sound :thumbsup:

smash your cat out! bounce it of the limiter change gears OR drop a cylindar and not no,thats how i was getting mtr long flames out the end of my 33 :devil: Thank gawd igot that fixd quik smart!!!

my cat is gutted, and she spits out small blue flames if i give it acceleration and quickly let go, or if i stretch out a gear and then change slowly.

• 1 month later...

yeah mine pops massive flames over 4000-4500rpm changes... the slower i change gear the bigger the flame lol... i think the car is just running rich cause i have a 3" cat ive got some nice vidz of it, post up when i can.

i knew mine blue flames when changing gear but i went on the performance car cruse on Friday night and some of the guys (Ivan and friends) said it was blowing a 2 Foot flame continuously when i opened it up.

3.5"exhaust

11Psi

120mm THICK! drag front mount

spitfire coilpacks

iridum plugs

= big ass flames when hammering and very hot rear bumper!

might have something to do with the 10-1 a/f ratio. lol

cheers!

hey all how can u get ur car to throw flames from the exhaust? yesterday mournin i was drivin up the freeway and a white r33 with number plates strich9 went past and when changed gear threw out a decent flame from the exhuast, how can u get your car to do it or is it something that just happens with the unburnt fuel when u back off?

Flame thrower kit!