SAU Community

Creaking From Front Rhs

Hi guys and girls,

last week when i went for a weekend cruz i pulled out my driveway and herd a creaking noise coming from the front rhs but it only happens when the shock it under pressure i got tein coilovers on the car and was wondering if they gotta be topped up with oil/grease at any time, if anyone has had a similar problem would you be able to tell me what you`ve done to fix it, im not to sure if its the shock or steering arms etc.... you help and advise would be great

Cheers

Chances are its one or mmany of ur wishbone/control arm bushes. They get old and begin to creek as there is not enough lube in the bush or they have just gotten so old that they have perished. If they are aftermarket nolathane type bushes in there then it will be caused from lack of lube (i highly doubt aftermarket ones would have perished already). On my whiteline ones, there is a grease nipple where u can put a grease gun on and lube them up, but this may not be the case in your situation. If so then it looks like u will have to remove the bushes and relube them.

Good luck

David

Edited by R32Abuser

ive had all new bushes put on around 2 months ago, but i pulled the wheel off and chucked a grease gun on the grease nipple and gave it a squirt but havent been able to check if its fixed cos am waiting on a few bit before i can take car out, but when i jacked it up it creaked and when i put it down it didnt so then i jacked it up again and it didnt creak so hopefully it just needed a grease

could be your shocky, mine has a slight creeking noise when jacked up and lowered.

jack it up and just check if its leaking anything, or leaving a greasy residue, you might have to take the wheel off for a descent inspection.

if your real worried about it pedders do a 32 point steering and suspension safety check for only $16. could be the best thing for you to do. then that will tell you if there is anything wrong or anything that could go wrong.

cheers 4drftn

if your real worried about it pedders do a 32 point steering and suspension safety check for only $16.

are those tests just a waste of time?? and they'll tell you you need a million things done to the car?

i've heard nothing but the absolute worst things about pedders, and even seen websites previous franchise owners have started to share the word on how crap a place pedders is, so i've been put off from anything pedders since then. But a 32 point inspection for $16 sounds good in theory....

I don't think they are a waste of time, though in all honesty if you had half a clue you could do one yourself and save 16 bucks.

Is the creak from the suspension or is it the body creaking as you load up one side?

its a creak from the shock area its only started doin it for week or so and ive had the car for a year, yeah i think ill stay away from pedders ive herd bad storys about them too.