SAU Community

New Front Mount - Intercooler Nipple Line?

puke22

just finished installing a cooling pro fmic on a 95 r33, there is no nipple in the cooling pipes, what do i do with that line now? the kit included a t piece, and ive read in other installation guides in here what you do, but i dont know what the appreviations mean, or where what is (very new to diy and skylines)

"then had to plumb in the intercooler line.. ther is no nipple so i cut the vac line from TB and inserted a HKS T piece (HKS POWAH AND SPORTS)." <----

thats the line im left over with right? if so how do u explain that to some one who.. well doens't know what it means!

sorry for the slowness

thanks for the help!

just finished installing a cooling pro fmic on a 95 r33, there is no nipple in the cooling pipes, what do i do with that line now? the kit included a t piece, and ive read in other installation guides in here what you do, but i dont know what the appreviations mean, or where what is (very new to diy and skylines)

"then had to plumb in the intercooler line.. ther is no nipple so i cut the vac line from TB and inserted a HKS T piece (HKS POWAH AND SPORTS)." <----

thats the line im left over with right? if so how do u explain that to some one who.. well doens't know what it means!

sorry for the slowness

thanks for the help!

take a look at this pic.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&id=126534

thats where i have mine connected. i went to repco (or most car shops should have them) and bought a screwin brass nipple. took the cooler pipe off and drilled and tapped a thread into it. then used som,e of that white plumber tape too seal it off so it didnt leak. you could also weld around it but mine didnt leak so i didnt bother.

search nipple there should be heaps of info on it

goodluck

steve!

i just installed my intercooler aswell and put a nipple after the cooler next to the head but the boost went from 6psi to 9-10psi without touching anything else. is that meant to do that??

Also i had a bov that i took off, what do i do with the line that was going to that,block it off??

i just installed my intercooler aswell and put a nipple after the cooler next to the head but the boost went from 6psi to 9-10psi without touching anything else. is that meant to do that??

You need to put the nipple after the turbo but before the intercooler

Also i had a bov that i took off, what do i do with the line that was going to that,block it off??

Yes - block it off. (or run the line to your new BOV

• 1 month later...

not needed on an RB20.

RB20 turbo has the nipple on the front of the turbo (compressor housing).

rb20turbofront.jpg

see the vacuum line that goes from the wastegate actuator (the circle thing to the right hand side of the turbo entry) to the compressor cover.

RB20's don't use a boost controller valve to control boost.

the spring that is in that wastegate actuator is made to keep the waste gate closed for long enough to flow 10psi of air through. then it opens.

The RB25 turbo has a standard wastegate actuator spring of 5psi.

so they use an electronic valve to increase this to 7psi after 4500rpm or something.

so the vacuum line an RB25 goes from the turbo wastegate actuator, to the electronic controler (attached to the suspension tower right in front of the power steering canister, has a blue vacuum line going to it)

10.jpg

from there, in a stock RB25, it goes to a nipple on the pipe that goes from the turbo to the intercooler.

long story with pictures short...

RB20 doesn't need nipple..

Edited by GTST