SAU Community

2 12" Subs In Back Seats

sickr33

Hey guys I’m sitting at home with nothing to do and my mind has started to wonder.

I thought it would be cool to mount a 12" sub on each side of the rear seat just under the rear side windows.

Has this ever been done before?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I was thinking

1. It would look really cool! :)

2. You wouldn’t get boot rattle because they not in the boot!

3. The bass does not have to work its way from the boot into the car so would seem louder, with better response!

4. And you would still have a full size boot with jack tire, etc.

Please tell me your thoughts and any experiences you might have had with this.

Cheers!

Diagram added!

Edited by sickr33

Not sure how it would work. Correct me if i am wrong but dont subs work better when they are in the boot because of the sound vibration and such? Probably has been done. Ive seen subs in back seats before on silvias

If you turn the backseat into a sub enclosure, you then have to re-register your car as a 2 seater to keep it legal...

But having re-read what you just said, you won't fit 2 12 inch subs there... not comfortably...

nar i prob didn’t explain it very well i plan on keeping the back seats and have a 12"sub on each side facing the centre of the seat so they are just in the plastic side panels of the car on each side of the back seat where you currently just have fabric covering the plastic

just a quick drawing in paint, gives you the idea!

post-36631-1198919574_thumb.jpgpost-36631-1198919574_thumb.jpg

it would take a fair bit of costom work but what you think?

Wouldn't sound good as the enclosure will be too small. subs cannot be mounted like a speaker can..they need a enclosure of some sort or else get a free-air sub which sound terrible.

Stick with the subs in the boot will sound 10 times better.

JBL and Pioneer both do an 8" 2 or 3 way speaker. One of these in either side off a small two channel will give you heaps of sound, and iff you properly run sound deadener and a diffuser behind ityou will get a fair amount of bass too. No replacement for subs, but do sound nice.

itll be shyte.

those 8" coaxs are crap.

you wont get bass becuase there isnt an enclousre behind it...

what people need to understand, is that to get any sort of bass out of a speaker, some sort of enclosure is needed. this seperates the front wave from the rear wave, and therefore stops cancellation.

this is why we sound deaden, and seal doors, because it creates an enclosure....

itll be shyte.

those 8" coaxs are crap.

you wont get bass becuase there isnt an enclousre behind it...

what people need to understand, is that to get any sort of bass out of a speaker, some sort of enclosure is needed. this seperates the front wave from the rear wave, and therefore stops cancellation.

this is why we sound deaden, and seal doors, because it creates an enclosure....

couldn't you deaden and enclose that area?

from what i can remember when i stripped my 33, behind the 2 side panels was a large opening, which would probably create a decent sub enclosure...

i could be completely wrong however, i spent way too much time ripping every little piece out of it, that i'm trying to remove it from my memory. :P