SAU Community

New Member Hello And Help ! Need New Turbo ! Fast !

Hi all , fellow sky enthusiast here , sydneysider and country boy all in one!!

k heres my problem.

unleashed the power going up the mountain from batemans bay heading to goulburn when bof...

i had a power loss and turbo flat spot next thing im a sky writing plane leaving steam train amounts of white smoke pissn out the back of my poor sky.... :) limp to roadhouse get pist and hang head while waitin 4 tow truck to get me back to bates bay again.. now im stuck !!

im gathering ive completely fkt my turbo .. new it was gonna happen soon as it was an Original turbo pushing 12-14 psi with 120,000+k s on it 1.. runnin FMIC , 3.5 inch straight through exhaust she s a top runner ... of all places to let go it lets go up the mountain... admittedly i was enjoying some "spirited" mountain driving when it happened ...got the whole incident on vid too as i had a camera mounted on the dash !!

ANYONE HERE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A REPLACEMENT TURBO QUIKSMART AND ALSO ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD MECHANIC IN Batemans bay ???

most importantly im broke after christmas drinking so if anyone has contacts please help us out here ..

literally fkt ...

shattered but hmm those 700hp turbos look nice dont they !! shame my wallet has run away from me screaming! :)

cheers all

mike

did you just want a stock turbo or are going to upgrade? and would you want it shipped down to the bay? i have a mate who has a brand new garret T04 he is trying to sell. he bought it for a VL but wrote it off befor he could put the turbo on. think he wants about 800 or 900 for it.

hey lads 4 now i think ill have to run with a stock o . consider the s2 u have in the shed sold ...

will probably need it couriered to the bay too .. give me your number and ill call u asap.

cheers mike