2008 F1 Season

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fosters??!! :D

who in the world drinks that abomination?!

Richard, shame on you.

that was my point. they sponsor the GP. hence it's the only beer you can buy there. hence the prefix "farken".... :P

and sav man is right. get through the first half dozen in a hurry and you are set.

plus I kind of like it now. it's almost tradition as it's the only time of year I ever would drink a fosters. weird.

and sav man is right. get through the first half dozen in a hurry and you are set.

plus I kind of like it now. it's almost tradition as it's the only time of year I ever would drink a fosters. weird.

Well its a screwed up tradition Richard, that should be abolished.

For one, i would rather go sober and drink Gatorade all day than be cornered into drinking from a choice of 3 of Australia's worst drops - Fosters, VB and Crown lager and THIS at a supposed first class sporting event.

Someone mentioned Coopers? Ahhh, yes. Now THAT'S more like it.

Seriously but, you would think that at a world class event like the F1 WDC they would have something a little better to serve up than cat piss.

For heavens sakes James Boag, get your fricking act together.

"The reason why we are losing the bloody GP is because there isn't any bloody Tasmanian beer at the bloody circuit!"

( You could make a commercial out of that line :D )

Sorry. It is...

No James Boag? No race for you, sir. :)

At least in Suzuka i got to drink Asahi and Kirin which is leagues ahead in taste and body compared to what has previously been mentioned.

Getting tanked up before the event seems the only feasible option in Oz in this day and age, what with the beer they're serving from the taps...

Edited by m3gtr

Beer is beer is beer is beer. Some taste better then others, but they are all good. If you would rather drink Gatorade at an Australian sporting event ????

At least at the F1 you get full strength beer, at the footy/cricket you can only get mid strength beer. Which who gives a damn if they rob you of a few percentage points, light beers do lack the flavour of the full strength beers.

Would i rather drink mid strength beer then Gatorade at a sporting event out in the summer heat? MY BLOODY OATH!!!!

well said troy. I don't go to the F1 to enjoy a fine beverage. I go to the F1 to watch the F1, getting smashed is just incidental to that. not the main event. If I wanted to drink lots of fancy beer I'd be going to the fancy beer festival instead. so yeah, fosters is crap, but polishing a few off at the F1 with some mates is most enjoyable.

Hmmm just got a call from the missus.

My father inlaw wants me to go melbourne with him to watch the F1 in the ING box.

to go or not to go................

:P

Like theres even an option to say no. :D

hmm- looks like a stalemate has been reached

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...114-661,00.html

He again poured cold water on efforts by NSW to steal Melbourne's thunder.

"There is nothing in Sydney -- they haven't even got a circuit," he said.

what's Eastern Creek then? A walking track??

well if we want to be technical neither does melbourne. they run the F1 on a road course. no reason why sydney couldn't do the same. but if anything our state government is even more packed full of weiners so I can't see it coming to sydney.

looks like we have 2 more melbourne GPs to go :(

If the only problem that Bernie and the Victorian government have is that they don’t want the first race of the year to be in the middle of the night for their European audience, why not just move the Australian GP to the fifth, tenth or sixteenth race on the calendar?

Surely the fact that this country draws bigger crowds and more hard core fan base than most of these pseudo new F1 tracks is reason enough to keep it

If the only problem that Bernie and the Victorian government have is that they don’t want the first race of the year to be in the middle of the night for their European audience, why not just move the Australian GP to the fifth, tenth or sixteenth race on the calendar?

Or how about Bernie stop being be such an Ebeneezer-Scrooge-style tight prick, and give the Vic Govt a reduction in the cost of hosting the event so they can cover the extra cost of all the lighting equipment needed to run the race at night?

Sydney doesnt even have a track? What about the alternate Russian venue...thye have to build one up :P

There was talk about Phillip Island getting a licence to allow F1 teams to come here in our summer (their winter) for testing purposes before the Aus/Malaysion GPs etc. I woudl love to see F1 cars at Philip Island. Surely Fox woudl love it as well, and it would make the event cheaper to the Vic govt by staging it at a permanent track... It seems easy to me :D