SAU Community

2008 F1 Season

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the next GP i'd like to see Webber start from the back of the grid and start 30sec after everyone else does. Atleast that way he will get 2 laps completed before being hit by someone.

massa comments

But Massa, the Brazilian driver, risked incurring the Scotsman's wrath by refusing to apologise.

"He should just go and watch the television instead," the 26-year-old said. "I was on the inside, I did nothing wrong," he told reporters.

It wasn't just the Ferrari F1's that had engine troubles at the GP

1926.jpg

Speaking to a mate in McLaren, they are very happy with the results and aren't worried about the engines/gearboxes for Malaysia. I think its going to be a silver and red year from what he was saying.

Haven't heard from Red Bull yet (and haven't chased) cos i know what they will be saying

Can't really blame Ferrari directly for the F430 fire- Could have been due to whatever fiddling the team in charge of it did

the F1 car on the other hand....

fabulous ferrari reliability is back

not adjusting well to the control ECU?

mebe McLaren wrote some malicious code into it for Ferrari specific sensors :P

lol

quote of the week

"Engine problems are unusual for a team like ours." (Stefano Domenicali)

he musn't have been watching team jihad throught out th 70's 80's and 90's

kimi's exhaust sounded like it had cracked, i have a video where you can clearly hear it, so i dont know if you can read too much into that one

Edited by ctjet

yes I wonder how much of these problems can be attributed to everyone having to run a maclaren ECU? it certainly didn't seem to get along too well with the ferrari's...

yes I wonder how much of these problems can be attributed to everyone having to run a maclaren ECU? it certainly didn't seem to get along too well with the ferrari's...

Well all engine failures are electrical. Especially when a piston spits out the side of the block & nails the alternator.

Anyway I guess it is so much better for the PR people if they can blame another team for their own inability to write proper code.

FOR SALE: For sale: Scuderia Toro Rosso

Red Bull founder Dietrich Mateschitz has said that his second Formula 1 team, Scuderia Toro Rosso, has been put up for sale. Mateschitz wants to focus on his team Red Bull Raacing and as the Concorde Agreement won't allow customer cars from 2010 Toro Rosso will have to build the entire car themselves.

Speaking with Motorsport Aktuell Mateschitz revealed: "We have Toro Rosso on the market and are looking for the right person to purchase it. At the start of the 2010 Formula 1 season there will be a rule change that says we can not build both Red Bull Racing's car as well as the car for Scuderia Toro Rosso. That is why I believe we should continue with one team only."

Mateschitz furthermore revealed that it is not planning to sell the team in 2008 already, but before the start of the 2010 Formula One season.

There are already a handful of candidates being speculated as possible buyers. Among them Nicolas Todt, son of Jean Todt and manager of Felipe Massa. But also A1GP chairman Tony Teixeira is being mentioned as a possible buyer.

SAU could pool it's money. Only a couple of buck s each, providing we can sign up every man, woman and child in this hemisphere.