SAU Community

2008 F1 Season

Certainly was a big hit for HK...monocoque looked to be farked at the front...you could see the ground through the cockpit, but apparently he's all ok so thats good news.

Ferrari 1 2 again!

Webber 5th which is a decent result considering only the top 3 manufacturers finished in front of him.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, Alonso wasn't running as light as many had thought. Good to see the Renaults have picked up same pace, pity neither driver could turn it into a result.

Well, Alonso wasn't running as light as many had thought. Good to see the Renaults have picked up same pace, pity neither driver could turn it into a result.

thats quite a surprise, Alonzo must have wrestled the car for all its worth for that P2 position. Too bad the engine couldn't hold up.

Lucky Webbers engine held up nicely, some nice points going his way.

Meh... Channel 10 ftl...

Fcking knob jockeys...

So much for the self-proclaimed 'home of motorsport'.. Meh...

Good work by Fisi in the FI... Keeping Heidfeld behind him for ages in what is a mediocre car...

Thank goodness Heikki was ok after the crash, that tyre/wheel failure looked horrid..

Good race by Kimi and Massa, nice to see Felipe didn't put it into the wall/gravel or some other obstacle, he drove quite a good race..

Yeh as soon as i saw that HK accident i was thinking, oops there goes the 14 years of fataility free racing. I cant believe that teh cars can submarine those tyre walls, They should be buried into the ground or teathered down.

But good to see Webber running reliably to 5th, i cant see RBR getting the pace that will make them podium contestors.

True to previous years, it seems Williams have lost the pace they showed early in the season :thumbsup: At least BMW and the worlds most beautiful Polish race driver are real contenders. Kubie is doing to Heidfled what Webber did. Only he has a more reliable car so its highlighted even more.

Nick to lose his seat at contract time for some hot young talent, or my tip a clever old Spanish Renault driver should he decide that Renault cant give him a shot at the title in 2009

On a side note, it is understood that Ecclestone informed the team that former Ferrari team principal Jean Todt was "locked on" to replace Mosley. 'It is just a question of how quickly you want him' was the gist of Ecclestone's commentary, according to the BBC

... great

this'll be MUCH better

webber is the man! nice solid boring race for 5th. my mate kubbie put in a solid one too. and of course kimi smashed them. I can't see anyone but kimi being WDC this year boys.

M3gtr's top 10 conclusions from the Spanish GP

1) Raikkonen will more than likely be WDC this year.

2) Ferrari for WCC

3) Webber still has what it takes but the Red Bull doesnt

4) Coulthard is getting senile

5) Kubica is the ugliest man on the grid ( he should stop doing interviews... ) but thankfully he's one of the fastest

6) Kovalainen played poker with the reaper and won

7) Alonso wasnt fuelled as light as many thought - his Renault also wasnt built as well as many thought.

8) Heidfeld and BMW are dumbasses for not seeing that the pitlane was closed.

9) We have seen the last of Super Aguri :rofl:

10) The Spanish GP was awesome.

Edited by m3gtr

point 8 is up is up for debate

what did you want him to do... run out of juice on track while he circulated under the safety car?

Its a rediculous rule that has caught more than a few drivers out now. Only when it destroys someones championship will they look to change it. Unfortunately it'll be too late by then, and once the inevitable shit hits the fan... again... it will further destroy any credibility this sport has

or had left

Agree that a 10s stop/go penalty is better than running out of fuel on the track. Although, they both would've given the same result.

I thought 10 was debatable too, not the funnest race to watch...

Point 4 is a good one tho... honeslty coulthard is dangerous

Thats now the third race he's "defended" his line only after getting to his braking point and swerving wildly infront of another diver. I mean he obviously saw the guy coming in and out braking him, so why just turn in on him just beofre the apex?

Edited by ctjet

point 8 is up is up for debate

what did you want him to do... run out of juice on track while he circulated under the safety car?

Its a rediculous rule that has caught more than a few drivers out now. Only when it destroys someones championship will they look to change it. Unfortunately it'll be too late by then, and once the inevitable shit hits the fan... again... it will further destroy any credibility this sport has

or had left

Ivan you got a point there. Yeah, i knew thats what the BMW press release said, but i dont 100% buy that.

You are right when you say this could screw up championship contention for some people if it happens to the wrong person at the wrong time...

That rule needs to be changed for sure.

Point 4 is a good one tho... honeslty coulthard is dangerous

Thats now the third race he's "defended" his line only after getting to his braking point and swerving wildly infront of another diver. I mean he obviously saw the guy coming in and out braking him, so why just turn in on him just beofre the apex?

Hes on his way out and we all know it. Scrapping with Sato in the closing stages surely must have been humiliating for him and even Sato in the lowly SA kept him honest for a number of laps. He got properly trounced in Quali to the tune of 10 whopping grid slots, his race craft this year has been terrible... what more needs to be said?

Its a shame because DC is one of the best drivers of my age and he's one of the old guard so you know, itll be sad to see him retire.

lock in Vettel to take his spot... and LOL at his 3rd first lap DNF this year

goes to show how little the F1 community rank his ability that even a KID that has that bad a finishing record is still going to take his spot

Edited by ctjet