SAU Community

2008 F1 Season

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was bound to happen, remove TC and watch the drivers actually drive the cars. You could hear on corner exit some drivers spinning the rears and it made for an expected exciting race.

I wonder if Webbers car was damaged enough to remove it from the GP or if the team just decided not to go back out on track. Had he gone back out on track he probably would have finished in the top 10.

Gotta love DC's bluntness :thumbsup:

"If he doesn't then I will kick lumps of sh*t out of the little bastard."

Funniest quote by an F1 driver since Kimi's "i was taking a shit" comment :laughing-smiley-014:

great race :D F1 is starting to look great again, alots of mistakes making for an interesting race.

getting rid of traction and launch control was an awesome idea. nice to see the cars getting squirelly out of corners occasionally

Was bound to happen, remove TC and watch the drivers actually drive the cars. You could hear on corner exit some drivers spinning the rears and it made for an expected exciting race.

I wonder if Webbers car was damaged enough to remove it from the GP or if the team just decided not to go back out on track. Had he gone back out on track he probably would have finished in the top 10.

If he had finished he would have been in the points

i was surprised they have done a half decent telecast all week end (even if they didn't show the GT's **where the Ferrari's dominated**) and leave out the post race conference??

DC is always a good source for quotes

well...kimmi was a constant source of disappointment today.

Bourdais was awesome, Fernando Whinger was good to watch and the two McLaren was did well.

Kimi had his moments but his car let him down in the end :thumbsup: good to see he can fight his way to the front , even if he lost it again

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

AAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

OWNED!!1!ty

have lots of pics and vids, the lack of traction control is really sorting the men from the boys

awesome day at the races

and LOL at Coulthard.. someone on this planet MAY dislike that little 3rd world hack more than me

For me, this was the most enjoyable F1 race I've seen in a long time. A mate introduced me to a F1 tipping comp (for want of a better word) you get $100 million budget to select two drivers, cars, engines froM the current line up and go racing. iT's a lot of fun.

link is..

http://www.f1-racing.net/en

go to fan zone then F1 manager 2008.

maybe we could start a Sau SUPERLEAUGE!!!!

great race :) F1 is starting to look great again, alots of mistakes making for an interesting race.

good work to Hamilton, i don't like him personally but he drove a good race and deserved to win :)

Good work to Alonso fighting to the end and taking 4th place with what looked like a slower car, GOO HONDA! awesome work to score some points!

what can i say about Ferrari? looks like a difficult year ahead :) pace seems to be their but both drivers seems to have problems with the car :)

one down 17 to go bring on next week in Malaysia, hope the heat didn't kill the Ferrari engines or else they are going to have problems again :(

Kimi's engine was rooted...must've dropped a cylinder because it sounded like shit everytime he came past, but he kept it out there for a few laps sounding like shit before it wouldn't go any further...

Quite an achievement finishing in the top ten when 7 drivers cross the finish line...

Funniest quote by an F1 driver since Kimi's "i was taking a shit" comment :laughing-smiley-014:

Funniest quote would have to be DC last year when he said something along the lines of (on team radio whilst driving) "The brakes are shit, the tires are shit, and it doesn't turn, but apart from that I'm having a great time"

If he had finished he would have been in the points

Yet another amazing achievement with 9 drivers classified, with 2 of those not crossing the finish line...

Still better than parking it in the pits all afternoon.

Too get points he has to be 'classified' (90% of total race distance) so he never would have got any points (would have needed to complete atleast 52 laps and he would have finished 50 at most). But still finishing 10th or so is better than finishing 17th.

poor webbo. if only he'd kept his nose clean he would have been able to snatch some point in a race that only saw 7 finish and 9 classified. DC's quote was gold. as was louise with "thanks for that language David". nearly as good as "he f*cked up" from webber in japan last year.

My take on it is kimi is going to be WDC again. lousie will be close but we all know that in races like this were he has no problems and no fights he is excellent. put him under pressure though and he is prone to f*ck it up just like anybody else.

Poor Webbo... Can't buy a good result at the Aussie GP (Not including 2004 here)...

Massa... What a fckng amature, the munted Brazilian nut nearly killed Coulthard... Produced an awesome one liner from David though.. :)

Kimi... Awesome but underwhelming at the same time... The Massa/Coulthard incident got me all excited, I thought it was all game from there until Kimi's nightmares started...

Gonzo... Was the surprise package of the day.... Got lucky with Kovaleinen accidentally hitting the pit-limiter button...

Poor Glock, Bourdais, Fisi and Jenson... Today could've led to much much more for these fellas that showed soooo much promise...

+1 to Nico and Nick for keeping a clean pair of heels... Nice race for these guys to grab the other podium spots..

As much as I despise him, +1 for Hamilton, drove a faultless race, imposed his will from the very first lap... An unflustered and very clean drive from Louise..

Watch this space... M. Schumacher to replace Massa by round 4 if he keeps driving like a decrepit and spastic monkey with arthritis...

Poor Webbo... Can't buy a good result at the Aussie GP (Not including 2004 here)...

Massa... What a fckng amature, the munted Brazilian nut nearly killed Coulthard... Produced an awesome one liner from David though.. :)

Kimi... Awesome but underwhelming at the same time... The Massa/Coulthard incident got me all excited, I thought it was all game from there until Kimi's nightmares started...

Gonzo... Was the surprise package of the day.... Got lucky with Kovaleinen accidentally hitting the pit-limiter button...

Poor Glock, Bourdais, Fisi and Jenson... Today could've led to much much more for these fellas that showed soooo much promise...

+1 to Nico and Nick for keeping a clean pair of heels... Nice race for these guys to grab the other podium spots..

As much as I despise him, +1 for Hamilton, drove a faultless race, imposed his will from the very first lap... An unflustered and very clean drive from Louise..

Watch this space... M. Schumacher to replace Massa by round 4 if he keeps driving like a decrepit and spastic monkey with arthritis...

in my opionion it was Coulthard fault not Massa, Massa had every right to try and overtake DC like he did. DC didn't want to give up and try to squeeze massa back but instead ended up in the side of massa car

Well I'd say 75-25 in favour of DC.... I mean crikey.... Massa always has had a habit of making the most brazen of lunges... Often dives of desperation, and often they come totally unstuck... Now I'm an out and out Ferrari fan, but I think that Massa just isn't Ferrari material... I want to see Nico in a Ferrari suit ASAP... In fact, as much as his inconsistency pisses me off, I'd rather see Fisi in a Fezza than Massa... On the maneuver though, Massa's front tagged DC's rear, that occurred around the apex, so obviously Massa hadn't made enough ground to make the pass stick... Not only that, DC had every right to maintain the racing line, Massa was too deep and too desperate under brakes..

Edited by Marco-R34GTT