SAU Community

2008 F1 Season

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, I 100% agree... The FIA should now make lollipop men compulsory... Lighting system = fcked!

I think the Fez should be coping a heafty fine too.. Something along the lines of $250,000..... I know to them it isn't much, but it is at least a small deterrent...

we see his personality traits and attitude from two completely different perspectives

I don’t think either of us will see eye to eye on this.

I see him as a fortunate yet undeserving pilot of his current seat with a quitters attitute if he is buried in the field. You see him as a hard worker who carries a positive attitude.

Interesting question tho. If when his contract time is up, and so is Alonso’s and Kubica’s... would you still keep him?

To hit that sweet spot in almost every race would suggest that its not as small as some would have us believe. Ironically the constant mechanical failures through reliability upgrades does make some of us smile

doesn’t help his WDC cause much tho.

You should have seen this other guy who raced a few years back... schumacher was his name

Im yet to see lewis do anything near as reprehensible as the old Choppy-Mc-Scum ever did, and yet one can be classed as so totally different from the other. There is no difference. Both hard and fast drivers who put on a good show. Is is clear now tho they they both share the same flaws. A desperate need to win at almost any cost, the need for a weak teammate, both push the letter of the law to the extreme and both having very poor interpersonal skills.

As soon as people start to realise that lewis is just ITV ‘s new black version of schumacher, the more enjoyment they will derive from F1 as a sport. That’s his personality, if it rubs you the wrong way, how about you all man up and deal with it like the rest of us had to for the last 10 odd years with the schum.

The constant nagging about something that will never change will eventually get very tiresome and turn you into bitter old women.

I can see what you are saying...i tend to agree with some of it. I am not as a rule a Massa fan. I agree he is damn lucky to have the seat he does....but he has shown that he can do the job on his day....and these days its his day more often. I still dont feel he deserves one of the four best seats in F1....but i can see him presenting a pretty good case for me being wrong :(

I suppose the only thing i dont really see is the MS and Hamo thing. MS was hard bastard, but my recollection of the bloke was that he didnt chop blokes in the midfield who he was blasting by?!?!? Also i dont recall too many occassions where Schumi called fellow competitors names etc. But they are fine points.

Funny thing is i loved MS in his early days, loathed the bloke in his middle years and respected what he had accomplished by end. I never really liked Alonso but respect immensely the tough racing between him and MS. At the moment Massa is the guy that is impressing me as he is making WDC Kimi who when at Mclaren many commented was the quickest guy in F1....look ordinary when he clearly isnt.

Anyway...roll on this weekends GP to see who crumbles first :)

I can see what you are saying...i tend to agree with some of it. I am not as a rule a Massa fan. I agree he is damn lucky to have the seat he does....but he has shown that he can do the job on his day....and these days its his day more often. I still dont feel he deserves one of the four best seats in F1....but i can see him presenting a pretty good case for me being wrong :thumbsup:

I suppose the only thing i dont really see is the MS and Hamo thing. MS was hard bastard, but my recollection of the bloke was that he didnt chop blokes in the midfield who he was blasting by?!?!? Also i dont recall too many occassions where Schumi called fellow competitors names etc. But they are fine points.

Funny thing is i loved MS in his early days, loathed the bloke in his middle years and respected what he had accomplished by end. I never really liked Alonso but respect immensely the tough racing between him and MS. At the moment Massa is the guy that is impressing me as he is making WDC Kimi who when at Mclaren many commented was the quickest guy in F1....look ordinary when he clearly isnt.

Anyway...roll on this weekends GP to see who crumbles first :)

Hill vs schumacher Canada 1998.

i think the rain has mixed it up very interestingly this season. great results from lesser teams. i think it evens the playing field and gives the lesser teams a chance to show there prowess when they are not trying to play catch up.

Hill vs schumacher Canada 1998.

Care to clarify? All i can remember is Hill was with Jordan and doing a quick search Hill was zigging on a wet track to keepo MS at bay....so i dont understand :P

Sorry probably should have explained.

Act 1:

Schumacher forced Frenzten off the road & out of the race in a particularly ugly incident. Not sure if that is on Youtube but it may be worth a look. Can't access it from this computer.

Act 2:

Hill weaved about a bit (As per youtube) & held Schumacher up briefly.

Act 3:

Schumacher accuses Hill of "dangerous weaving"

I only remember it because it was the point at which I lost any last remnant of respect for the way he (schumacher) conducted himself. Something about which I am sure nobody at all lost any sleep over.

Nope i am on a similar wavelength. I loved the guy when he was a fresh face, i dont really remember his race at Jordan though i was wathcing it. But when he went to Benetton i loved the guy. But after a few seasons it all started to turn ugly. And soon it wa all too much for me. I had very little time for the guy by the time he went to Ferrari, and the fact that i hated Irvine etc made it all too easy to hate Ferrari.

Irvine is the most delusional F1 driver of recent time :P And also has to be one of the most fortunate to get the seats and the coverage the guy did...though he was a funny guy

Nope i am on a similar wavelength. I loved the guy when he was a fresh face, i dont really remember his race at Jordan though i was wathcing it. But when he went to Benetton i loved the guy. But after a few seasons it all started to turn ugly. And soon it wa all too much for me. I had very little time for the guy by the time he went to Ferrari, and the fact that i hated Irvine etc made it all too easy to hate Ferrari.

Irvine is the most delusional F1 driver of recent time :P And also has to be one of the most fortunate to get the seats and the coverage the guy did...though he was a funny guy

You didn't miss much of his first race. He qualified well then the clutch went bang on the start line. Then Walkinshaw did a few dirty moves & Schumacher turned up at Benetton.

Oddly enough Eddie was sort of my hero. He had no great talent, was a bit of a gob shite but, by god he did he rake in huge amounts of cash - particularly from Jaguar. He was my hero simply because he converted a lack of talent into great big piles of cash. Something to which I aspire. I've got the first bit sorted anyway.

2pm race broadcast on 10HD this sunday. nice

too bad for the poor suckers waiting 'til 10:50 to watch the SD broadcast. the shows that are on at the same earlier time are crap anyway. way to go 'home of motorsport'

Cant say ill miss the canadian GP, but its sad to see it go. Especially with this years drama there :P

Im behind on info, what are they replacing it with?

As for girls in f1.. Most of the time they dont look how you think they will.. Well maybe exept for kimi and alonso's wives lol

It must be nice when your married to someone who isnt home for 10 months of the year and makes a million dollars a week!

Thats assuming you dont enjoy spending all your days with them

Edited by knore