SAU Community

2008 F1 Season

Good to see Kimi putting down a better time in Q3 when it mattered as opposed to the Q1 and Q2 times...

Well done to Webber...if he's not just running stupidly light to get a good spot in Qualifying then he should do well.

And how's Lousie's form...everyone congratulated HIS team-mate but him. Completely ignored him. Maybe all the other drivers hate Hamilton as much as us and were happy to see HK beat him.

I watched ESPN's coverage of the qualifying (with british commentators) and they were so far not Hamilton biased like the iTV flogs, it was great :banana:

just wait til tonight to hear all about how great hamilton is and how he'll carve up the field like Senna and Shumy and leave the rest for dead.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to see Kimi putting down a better time in Q3 when it mattered as opposed to the Q1 and Q2 times...

Well done to Webber...if he's not just running stupidly light to get a good spot in Qualifying then he should do well.

And how's Lousie's form...everyone congratulated HIS team-mate but him. Completely ignored him. Maybe all the other drivers hate Hamilton as much as us and were happy to see HK beat him.

I watched ESPN's coverage of the qualifying (with british commentators) and they were so far not Hamilton biased like the iTV flogs, it was great :banana:

Why would Webber run light>? Maybe the car is just that good at Silverstone- Fingers crossed. I doubt its either a publicity stunt or a light fuel load but we shall see.

I havent seen the ESPN coverage, i usually watch the "natural sounds" one coz then i dont have to listen to or understand anything the commentators have to say!

All natural bebe.

webber (or RBR really) have been getting extremely poor starts this season, so hopefully he gets away well this time around, otherwise i fear he'll end up fourth before he even gets to Copse.

Massa should, for his own sake at least, put on a show with Ferrari's stright line advantage and pass a few of the slower guys in the early part of the race.

Going to be a good race

The reason i know webber isnt running light is that in Quali 2 he was only a tenth off fastest, eventually ending up 3rd in that session and it doesnt take a genius to figure out that everyone was out there on fumes trying to get into Quali 3...

So the car, and more importantly, Webber ultimately has the pace and thats obvious to see from the Q2 times.

Get up there on the Podium Weeboo!

webber (or RBR really) have been getting extremely poor starts this season, so hopefully he gets away well this time around, otherwise i fear he'll end up fourth before he even gets to Copse.

Massa should, for his own sake at least, put on a show with Ferrari's stright line advantage and pass a few of the slower guys in the early part of the race.

Going to be a good race

Yeah itll be good - you can bet youre maso heritage on that little piece of trivia Ive.

Thing is, Webbers always sucked at starts, so i dunno... i kinda half expect him to fail at the first corner like he so often does... :banana::)

The reason i know webber isnt running light is that in Quali 2 he was only a tenth off fastest, eventually ending up 3rd in that session and it doesnt take a genius to figure out that everyone was out there on fumes trying to get into Quali 3...

So the car, and more importantly, Webber ultimately has the pace and thats obvious to see from the Q2 times.

Get up there on the Podium Weeboo!

Im with you. Webber commented that everyone must have been on a different strategy, suggesting that they were heavy so he was up the top. But Q3 pace shows that the RBR cant be too bad a thing., The only negative is DC is nowhere again, so Webbers pace could be a little inflated with fuel, but i doubt it.

Webber is a pretty conservative guy and doesnt have a history of light fuel loads, if anything he normally goes a tad heavier and lets his abikity to put a lap together look after him in quali. His biggest advantage is Lewis and Kimi are behind him so will be more occupied with one another then Webber up front. So Webber v Heikki, personally i would back Webber in a wheel to wheel stoush, but the Mclaren will walk away from him :)

I am so pumped about tonight! Have the video player all set :P

webber is THE man. red bull on the front row, who'd have thunk it. but we all know webber is a champ. looking back over his career it's hard to really believe he hasn't been given a drive at a top team. he deserves it for so many reasons.

it will be a top race. webber will be on the podium and koob will make up some good places and get some points.

Well, as Hamilton is a few back from Heikki, it will be interesting to see if Heikki can race from the lead and brign it home. Or somehow LH jumps him during one of the two pit stops of the day?

Personally i wont be too sad if Lewis and Kimi get a bit competitive and hamper one another allowing us to see Webber and Heikki have a straight battle at the front for the first 20 or so laps. I hope Webber gets a sniff and doesnt get swallowed on the first few corners :)

Webber won't have the pace for the McLaren, he will be immediately defending from the Ferrari (if he doesn't get passed by it at the first corner) and this will give Heikki a chance to grab a 3-5sec lead before running wide and having Kimi on his back until the first round of pitstops...

i'm not convinced webber is as light as people are making out.

by his tongue in cheek response to the journos, i think he may have a pretty average opening stint fuel load on board and was gobsmacked when other cars were just plain slower.

he was on the pace all weekend and was very quick only the macs looked faster.

now he can bog it down on the start but then work his way to a glorious win carving his way through the traffic when it rains.

now he can bog it down on the start but then work his way to a glorious win carving his way through the traffic when it rains.

That would absolutely make my year.

Hes always been filth in the rain.

What are the chances for water in the race anyways?

from F1 website

The skies above Silverstone were dark and overcast first thing Sunday, and the forecast remains for unpredictable weather with frequent heavy rain showers and an ambient temperature high between 17 and 18 degrees Celsius.
Edited by wolverine

Link for the feed anyone?

Gotta get in quick before the bandwidth gets pwned...

Never mind i found the coresworld link..

anyone know what time the telecast starts? Its 7:30pm in Tokyo atm.