SAU Community

Watch Out Everyone

18RZZ

HI guys and girls i just thought i had better let you all know about the new law and legislation that was passed about defectable vehicle.

Please dont take this lightly.

i had a fairly stock r32 skyline which some of you had seen before and i was driving along kingston road when i got pulled over by the police. they did a breath test and then asked me to show them my car.

i was defected for

EXHAUST

BOV

POD FILTER x2

FRONT BAR

STEERING WHEEL

and i though ok its my fault i new a few of those were not adr approved and was expecting to get a fine and be on my way...

and here is what all of you need to know

AS of the beginning of DECEMBER the police are no longer allowed to fine anyone for a defect on there vehicle, the new legislation is that any vehicle that is defectable will be issued a notice and given a set time before it is not to be driven again. But the worst part is that there is no fine but know all persons who get defected MUST FACE A COURT APPEARANCE. that is where you will get dealt your punishment.

you will be given 3 choices with you car.

DEREGISTER

TAKE ENTIRE CAR BACK TO FACTORY SETTING

REPAIR ALL DEFECTED ITEM TO BE ADR APPROVED

but the worst part is before you can repair you vehicle you have to make an appoitment with the department of transport so that they will do a list of what is wrong wioth your car.

this is KINGY saying i got done and know i have to go to court i no longert have my car because of this new law.. so please everyone be very careful.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man that is absolute bullshit, the police are really enjoying this arent they. So if you buy a $100 pod filter you have to go to court if caught.

What is this coming to, Sorry to hear it man. Ive seen your car and your right it was stockish. :)

It will take the son/daughter of magistrate/solicitor who has been caught for this of or even someone with a powerful lawyer of his or her own to make a mockery of this with overzealous cops, i mean Police.

It still comes down to the original officers discretion of the defect being wrong, prove that the original ticket shouldn’t have been issued an its all over.

But this of course all takes money, lots of it and even more time to prove that a power tripping Police officer is wrong.

I looked forward to all my 2008 alleged defect tickets

HI guys and girls i just thought i had better let you all know about the new law and legislation that was passed about defectable vehicle.

Please dont take this lightly.

i had a fairly stock r32 skyline which some of you had seen before and i was driving along kingston road when i got pulled over by the police. they did a breath test and then asked me to show them my car.

i was defected for

EXHAUST

BOV

POD FILTER x2

FRONT BAR

STEERING WHEEL

and i though ok its my fault i new a few of those were not adr approved and was expecting to get a fine and be on my way...

and here is what all of you need to know

AS of the beginning of DECEMBER the police are no longer allowed to fine anyone for a defect on there vehicle, the new legislation is that any vehicle that is defectable will be issued a notice and given a set time before it is not to be driven again. But the worst part is that there is no fine but know all persons who get defected MUST FACE A COURT APPEARANCE. that is where you will get dealt your punishment.

you will be given 3 choices with you car.

DEREGISTER

TAKE ENTIRE CAR BACK TO FACTORY SETTING

REPAIR ALL DEFECTED ITEM TO BE ADR APPROVED

but the worst part is before you can repair you vehicle you have to make an appoitment with the department of transport so that they will do a list of what is wrong wioth your car.

this is KINGY saying i got done and know i have to go to court i no longert have my car because of this new law.. so please everyone be very careful.

sorry mate i dont understand your last sentance

why do u not have your car anymore ?????

or is it u have your car but a list of shit wrong with it

Hopefully this link works http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...02-3102,00.html

but here is a couriermail article written last night on some car issues....

Also could you explain what you mean defected for front bar? and im guessing the pod thing was unshielded not secure bullshyt, steering wheel?? wtf... BOV im guessing the old its atmo venting shit to air scenario. and exhaust what too loud?? did they have a dB tester there... plus i recommend the dot at zillmere they were pretty easy going for me and bagged out the cops who defected me originally when i first got the car...

Next thing is they'll defect because the bug hit the wrong spot on the windscreen... hmm righto...

FFS the so called heavy hand of the law is getting out of control....

my 2c worth

Cheers and no good to hear

Get this i was at Motorman imports yesterday afternoon looking with a mate he is interested in the wonderfull world of skylining and Mr Plod who was driving past pulled over to politely remind us that all we are doing is buying defects on wheels and that the QLD police are not putting up with imports anymore... My mate now wants a Lancer.

Slightly off topic but is there some sort of book or a section of the traffic act/legs/regs or something to veiw ? like where do the cops get the guidelines to assess what is and isnt within the regs? Just one thing from experience dealing with regs/acts/legs is that it can be read in many ways and i aint gona sell the gtr just because the cops got a hard on for them. theyd have to get rid of the other cars they import from china,korea,usa,europe too. Any help as to where the cops get the info from would be appreciated.

Does suck by the way what they got ya for sounds abit of a game of who has the biggest purse really.

Hmm Might be time to strip and cage the r33 and drive the commodore around.....or sell both and buy an XR6T....wait no one will want imports anymore....shit....so much for resale value.

No what i think it is, Police can catch the normal bogan V8 commo's u see getting around. They arent a threat but the little money needed ontop of a skyline or whatever it may be (which also is cheapish car) to make it be able to dust off the police highway patroll cars isnt that much. So instead of targeting the offenders they remove the tool that is used for it all being the cars.

I feel your pain... kinda...

Last week I was pull over (Doing 60 in a 60 zone so not doing anything wrong, hell I had my kid in the car.) for a "Random" Breath test and License check... After I blow a clean 0.00 and the cop even asking me my star sign (gay), he began to walk around my car and asks for me to pop the hood. Thinking to myself, what the hell does me popping my hood have to do with just a "Random" breathe test and license check, I still say "yeah, I've got no problems with it, look all you want..."

After five minutes (No really FIVE minutes) of him looking at the engine, he asks, so is it turbo?

Idiot...

Straight 6 printed in Bold red letters, I politely inform him of this and say, "No... No it's not..."

He then acts all smart and jokingly says, "Wow, you don't see many non turbo Skylines. But what have you done with the exhaust it sounds louder than stock?" "Three inch Cat back with 2 res, so to have below a legal note, all been tested with paper work to show."

To which he replies, "Well, I'll let you off today, but I really should give you an Order to appear in court for your 'Spoiler', because the edge at the front isn't a 5mm radius!"...

So, this left me thinking... He just wanted to get me for ANYthing he could just to fill his quota... He couldn't find any of my other engine mods, one being the pod looking him right in the face... And I'm pretty sure he didn't have any mathematical tools to help him come to the conclusion that the edge of my spoiler was less than 5mm... :yes:

Edited by arsn34

wait so u had a GT wing?

get rid of that shit man.

i got done for one ages ago.

stick with the stock spoiler, or smooth it out.

if i was a cop and saw a car go by with a GT wing, i would pull u over too.

you made it too easy for him mate..

u should know better