SAU Community

Watch Out Everyone

18RZZ

Capsicum spray is so "yesterday" They now have "Tazer" and shoot you in the man boobs and ask, "How much Power does your car put out?"

On a serious note, I can see the professional legal system is going to "sideswipe" us, as in term of quickly scan the charge and GUILTY!! Next.. That is what I can see and it's a way of clearing out the sytem.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give it 6 months before the courts are backed up to the extent that it will take a couple of years for defect notices to get heard.

The magistrates will probably get the shits and ask for the police to deal with the defects again.

Or they will do the same thing as they have done with the druggies , they have set up special drug courts where they go in tell the magistrate they have seen the error of their ways , and they won't do it again, the magistrate is happy the druggie is happy and the police are pissed.

That is why "HOONS" (read import owner) are getting busted at the moment and drug users are being left alone, the cops couldn't be bothered catching and charging someone that the courts are letting off lightly.

On a different note but related, I have been keeping track of all the fatal road accidents over the last 12 months where there have been multiple young people killed in a single vehicle, and have noticed that nearly every one of them has been a commodore.

If you want to present a case to ACA or Today Tonight as a club (SAU) about imports being unfairly targeted by police do some reseach and see if I am correct, find out which cars are more likely to be involved in accidents causing multiple deaths, imports or domestic.

Hope this post makes sense,

Cheers

I give it 6 months before the courts are backed up to the extent that it will take a couple of years for defect notices to get heard.

The magistrates will probably get the shits and ask for the police to deal with the defects again.

Or they will do the same thing as they have done with the druggies , they have set up special drug courts where they go in tell the magistrate they have seen the error of their ways , and they won't do it again, the magistrate is happy the druggie is happy and the police are pissed.

That is why "HOONS" (read import owner) are getting busted at the moment and drug users are being left alone, the cops couldn't be bothered catching and charging someone that the courts are letting off lightly.

On a different note but related, I have been keeping track of all the fatal road accidents over the last 12 months where there have been multiple young people killed in a single vehicle, and have noticed that nearly every one of them has been a commodore.

If you want to present a case to ACA or Today Tonight as a club (SAU) about imports being unfairly targeted by police do some reseach and see if I am correct, find out which cars are more likely to be involved in accidents causing multiple deaths, imports or domestic.

Hope this post makes sense,

Cheers

hmmm there is no doubt that majority of crash's are commodores. not saying all mods, but alot of the modifications made to imports Improve the handling of the car, and im sure not alot of things we do effect the safety of our cars. i for one know that after a couple months u get the feel for you car and its dimensions. No one could control and drive my car like i could simply because i knew how it would handle and react to my driving.

i gotta agree yer there are a fair few C*nt cops out there but they are not all that bad. when i had my silvia i did a fair few silly things and they just slapped me on the wrist and told me to drive safely for the rest of my trip. and about 2 weeks ago i hadnt noticed the cop 2 lanes over from me on beaudesert road when i not flat strapped but gave it a fair boot in the skyline to the speed limit. and at the next set of lights the cops were next to me leaned out and just said pretty quick car and asked what i had done. now the only mechanical mods i got mind u are the intercooler jazma exhaust and a pod filter. other than that its just got gtr carbonfibre wing , and front bar, 17's and coilovers. cops just commented on it being pretty quick they expected more work to be done said it looked like a nice car and left me be. so i would really say its down to the cops as an individual. could juts be alot of cops want/wanted imports but couldnt afford them for some reason or another. but i know motorbike cops are the worst so keep an eye out for them mainly.

i gotta agree yer there are a fair few C*nt cops out there but they are not all that bad. when i had my silvia i did a fair few silly things and they just slapped me on the wrist and told me to drive safely for the rest of my trip. and about 2 weeks ago i hadnt noticed the cop 2 lanes over from me on beaudesert road when i not flat strapped but gave it a fair boot in the skyline to the speed limit. and at the next set of lights the cops were next to me leaned out and just said pretty quick car and asked what i had done. now the only mechanical mods i got mind u are the intercooler jazma exhaust and a pod filter. other than that its just got gtr carbonfibre wing , and front bar, 17's and coilovers. cops just commented on it being pretty quick they expected more work to be done said it looked like a nice car and left me be. so i would really say its down to the cops as an individual. could juts be alot of cops want/wanted imports but couldnt afford them for some reason or another. but i know motorbike cops are the worst so keep an eye out for them mainly.

Yeah, true, not all cops are bad. I've met a few good ones who do their job professionally and without trying to be smart. Also the biker cops are known as Evel Knievel's by the truckies, quite a humorous nickname i thought. Maahaha! :)

Yeah, true, not all cops are bad. I've met a few good ones who do their job professionally and without trying to be smart. Also the biker cops are known as Evel Knievel's by the truckies, quite a humorous nickname i thought. Maahaha! :/

chasing cars on a motor bike = death wish = evil knievel....i see. haha.

I drive down to palm beach every other weekend and the last 2 times I have been followed closely by cops in marked and unmarked cars, I was driving with the traffic both times and that means upto 10ks over the limit, both times they sat behind me for a while (shittin bricks I was) and then drive up beside and look in, then drive off. I can only assume that they have done a licencse check, looked to see it was actually me and that I am not harmful to society and thankfully leave me be, I tend to think if I was 20yrs younger I might not be so lucky though.

I love the folow for ages waiting for you to do something wrong, eventually they get over it speed up to beside you wait a min as the have a good look at you before speeding off, happens all the time

heard about this a few days back. helps if you drive a late 80s subaru wagon with a sleeper look. (and a sledgehammer engine under it.) they didnt bother me at all when I went through aspley maccas.

qt went over my car... about 1 week ago... pulled me up for noise ... mind u its like running just extractors and thats about it... looked over the car for ages... came back asked me a few questions about the car and then he asked did i know about the exhorst... i said yeah been like from about this arvo..

not even a defect or pollution fine... but now have the exhorst fixed lol... cant risk it again goes to show there are some nice ppl out there... you just have to be nice

he was a local cop so im guessing why i got let off.. as its not the out of town cops that nab u for what ever they can cuz they dont have to see you again... he said there's a sting atm with imports so if u drive an import general hide aus dilievered skyline's still attact's attention

said till about late febuary mid march is when it ends but by then there be another team out...

Edited by red_screamer

Last time i got pulled up.. Mr plod asked for a breath test and told me to buzz off!

I said, "here is my plastic" he said, 'go, before i find something to book you for'

huh? find something? what the?

In my humble little town (Gympie), I havn't been pulled over in.. hmm.. 2.5 years!

I drive it quite in the hot spots, stay AWAY from the night clubs and just lift my foot when they drive past so the car sounds queiter. It is just over legal DB and i know it.

but the new laws suck!

• 4 weeks later...

This is bullsh!t.

I've been followed and fined for speeding a few K's over (15 and under). Cop would've seen the stovetop lights and come running.

When i drive the work Hiace, or my old Corolla, i never had a problem even when speeding a little near police.

They target us because our cars are loud and proud- but if they meet ADR reg's then i spit at those cops who push us around just to prove the point that- "YOUR IMPORTS AREN'T WELCOME".

Reading this thread makes me burn because i know exactly how you all feel :banana:

People will always try tear down something beautiful or successful- that's the Aussie way and the Skyline is an international motoring icon. We just have to work around it and sometimes bear the problems we didn't ask for or deserve.

Edited by R338OY