SAU Community

25 To S13 Conversion Questions

Simon-S14

thats a tight fit, but i reckon we'll do the same as that, why move the rad back for pushers? is there a benifit to running push over pull?

nah pull FTW, due to the conical shape of the fans and no condensor fitting the rad further back you would have heaps of room to front mount them, but i prefer pull type over push,

the only reason i mentioned it was to save cutting metal... only need to shorten rad hoses.

I was told that if you are not using a greddy style intake manifold, then you will have a hard time clearing the rad due to the IC piping(if running a thicker rad), this piping could be changed however I went through three stock rads last year so this year I am buying a new alum rad and forward facing intake manifold.

The main problem I have is actually not the IC piping, but actually the crank/pulleys/PS pump/alternator/AC Compresser

I have a total of 53mm clearance from the PS pump and alternater, the slimmest fan I could find was the Davies Craig 12inch fan which is 51mm thick. Given that there's only 2mm of clearance, which I believe isn't safe.

yeah the twin 12" work fine, i also use a NISMO thermostat. As for switching i like to use the drift fan controller to engage two separate relays one for each fan and each relay runs a 50ish amp circuit breaker (avail any auto shop) so that in the case they over heat they dont shut down for good.... they will cool down and reset. i used a pivot fan controller originally but it was shit and caused the fans to stop working on more than one occasion.

i also use large gauge wiring as i found out after doing a strobe test on the fan speed that with the orginal wiring i used only ran the fans at 80% not at full speed... so spend the time on the 12v supply (i used audio 6awg) you should be laughing.

9510_2.jpg

would you mind doing a quick diagram of how you set it up? i bought one of those drift fan controllers you suggested and am using 2 12" sonic thermo fans.

when using large gauge wiring is that from battery to the fans only?

no need to change any of the wiring that came with the controller?

would you recommend using the nismo t/stat instead of a genuine nissan one also?

my car is only used for drift as well so no aircon etc

thanks very much

Simon is the box in yet? If so, how did you find the shifter to line up with the shifter hole in the S13 chasis? Any pics of this if possible?

Eventually il be putting a 25 in my 180....just waiting to get the motor back together at the moment!

It doesn't cause me any problems, well kinda 1, when I'm in 1st or 5th, the leather shift boot is really tight. Other than that no dramas!

I'm not too sure what cross member I'm using, but for the gearbox using the CA18DET one.

I bougth my car with the motor in it .. I only know how to wire up a RB into a S13.

The main problem I have is actually not the IC piping, but actually the crank/pulleys/PS pump/alternator/AC Compresser

I have a total of 53mm clearance from the PS pump and alternater, the slimmest fan I could find was the Davies Craig 12inch fan which is 51mm thick. Given that there's only 2mm of clearance, which I believe isn't safe.

Did you check out SPAL fans from PWR? I use one in mine, much thinnner and massive CFM increase over the davies craig