SAU Community

Vented Bonnets + Rain = ?

Fujiwara

im pretty sure some manufacturers design the bonnet so when there is rain there is a little cover they provide...and you can cover up the vented spots so water doesn't it in or the vent my be designed so when there is rain the rain will be directed to the radiator? or something? hope that helps :P

Cheers

Chi

Mate, let's face it... you want a vented bonnet for the 'agressive look' - as engine bay was, you got all the air you need.

I've done some research into this and unless the vens are face diagnally as in - it's leaning towards the front and it has some sort of cover on the top for running falling directly down, run + engine bay is no good. Especially, think about it, what if it's raining heavily? Then you're buggered.

Think twice if you want one and make sure you choose the right one.

Good luck.

I have this on mine and it came with a Cover inside for the vents for the winter and Wet days....But for summer i'll pull it out although in Scotland thats normally one day a year if we're luckly lol.

It's in carbon and was supplied by the lads at www.knight-racer.co.uk

skyline0.jpg

there is too much crying go on on this site.... if you want a drop vent hoood get one.... its not going to ruin your engine.... i have one its fine and it actually has overlay fins which prevent a half inch of water from coming in..... of course if you are leaving your car out in some sort of flooding rain storm then you had better not get one haha

ventwheelssuspensionmt6.jpg

sorry this is the best pic i have of my vent. Hard to see but there are little fins that stop it from draining straight into your engine bay.... believe me they hold alot of water the hardest part is trying to get it all out after you wash it haha