SAU Community

Looking At Rebuilding My Rb26

nemo

Howdee guys and gals,

this is probably a stupid question but ill put it out there, im looking at rebuilding my rb26 and wanting to know if it would be better to just put forged internals in th rb26 or get a rb30 block and fill it with forged internals and bolt the rb26 head to it and fill the head with all new goodies?

A 26/30 requires adaptor plates etc, so add i think about another 1k just for that if you want 3ltr.

In all honesty, most setups are GT-SS, HKS2530 -7s/-5s, and dont 3ltrs at all.

Stock capacity is fine.

Also think about the added torque.

You'll be more likely to bust diffs, gearboxes and so on.

Its not a path you head down in a budget.

Also think about the added torque.

You'll be more likely to bust diffs, gearboxes and so on.

But with 3 litres you get the same torque with less boost at higher RPM, but better low down torque when off boost. A great principle.

In reality I'm yet to personally see a working 26/30 with no problems.

thanks for your input fellas, im not to sure if the engines been previously rebuilt or what, but at the same time im trying to built a reliable street/track car.

at the moment my cars makin 320kwatw and my target is around 450kwatw the turbos i have are only running around 60% capacity due to not knowing if the engine has forged internals or what.

but i guess if the engine hasnt previously been rebuilt i may stick with the 26 block the last thing i want is to spend all that hard earned for nothing but head aches

Its the added toruqe earlier, much earlier is what i could indeed see posing a number of issues.

Depends on the set-up like all things, but i think its likely

Being fairly new to modified cars I have to ask. How does increasing low down torque pose a major risk when your pofftenth 130nm at 2000rpm gets turned into 200nm at 2000rpm, when the car can easily handle 440nm at 5000rm. A bloody corolla can handle that 200nm of torque at 2000rpm.

As mentioned earlier if your rb26 block is fine then stick with it and just throw in forged internals. Too much of a headache getting a 26/30 working in a fast manner.

yeah i reckon keeping the 26 block is the way to go providing its still in good nick, ive done a bit of research on people doin a rb30/26 built and most of them are wishing they neva done it they say they spend more time at their work shop than they do on the street or track