SAU Community

Real Time Gps Gprs Gsm Car Tracker Vehicle Tracking

Real-time GPS GSM GPRS Tracker. It can be used for tracking vehicles, boats and any other movable targets. All you need to do is send a simple SMS with your password to the unit, and it will send its current location/coordinates to your mobile phone including its speed if it's on the move, you can then enter the GPS coordinates on online maps such as Google Maps, Google Earth, etc. to find out where it exactly is. In areas where there is no GPS signal, it will send you the location of the nearest GSM Network Switch Center Code and GSM Towers Code which you can also use to find its location. The unit can use any GSM sim card worldwide including prepaid sim cards (I recommend the Vodafone 365-day prepaid sim card since it will only cost you $20 and it's valid for the whole year), and all you have to pay is the cost of sending the SMS, no subscription needed, you are in complete control of it.

Features:

- Built in GSM module (900MHz/1800MHz/1900MHz) and GPS Receiver

- Three mobile phone numbers can be set up as alert targets

- Customisable password protection

- Unique feature, power off alarming alert (eg. if the main power is cut off). The in-built rechargeable battery will take over and the unit will alert you if the main power source is cut off.

- Geofence feature sends alert if the tracker moves outside a pre-defined area

- Enhanced sensitivity for indoor and outdoor reporting. It does not need a direct view of the sky, therefore it can be placed in various hidden areas in your car.

- Can be programmed or re-programmed from your mobile phone with SMS

- Car 12-Volt DC hardwire connector included with a back-up battery built-in.

- Very easy to install. Only two wires to connect, power and earth. You can do it yourself in 5 minutes.

- It also supports GPRS uploading Static IP address and port setup via SMS command that can be activated if you need this advanced feature. Monitoring center SMS Gateway Setup is also available, but you do not have to use these extra bonus features if you don't want to.

- Working voltage is 9-14V DC plus an in-built back-up battery

- The size is 123mm x 116mm x 38mm (very compact) and the total weight is 0.8kg

The unit also comes brand new in a box with GPS and GSM antennas, as well as the instruction manual. Great bargain! Similar units on the market sell for over $750.

Local pick-up is welcome.

Price $295

post-42228-1199553831_thumb.jpg

Edited by gtr_z

I'm 100% positive. I have got one in my car and it's definitely away from any direct view of the sky and it works perfectly. I even tried using it in my room with the window shutters closed and placed under a pillow, and it still worked! It also works when I have my car in my full brick garage in addition to the fact that the unit is already hidden inside the car.

Edited by gtr_z

Hi gtr_z,

Does this have a '+' or '-' ve trigger input to connect to an existing alarm,

so when the alarm is triggered this can signal the gps/gsm unit to send the

co-ordinates to your phone?

In turn you will know the alarm has been triggered and to check your car.

Pete

Hi gtr_z,

Does this have a '+' or '-' ve trigger input to connect to an existing alarm,

so when the alarm is triggered this can signal the gps/gsm unit to send the

co-ordinates to your phone?

In turn you will know the alarm has been triggered and to check your car.

Pete

I'm not sure mate. I like this unit because of its simplicity with only 2 wires to connect, power and earth, took only 5 minutes. And I can easily move it from one car to another.

I'm pretty sure you can use the main power cut alert function for the trigger, so if you have an aftermarket alarm system just connect a relay between the unit's power cable and the siren, that way when the siren is set off it will temporarily cut its main power and triggers its automatic alert. The unit will send the alert to your mobile phone if the main power is cut off for longer than +/- 3 seconds, so you will not get false alerts from locking/unlocking your car. I'm gonna install the relay on my own car soon.

So what happens if they simply cut the antenna cord?

Where are you located?

lol true, but how many theifs would think about cutting the gps wire.

If you install the sender under the parcel shelf and the gps antenna resting next to one of the speakers i doubt they would notice esp when they hacking away at the alarm system in the front of the car :yes:

Any chance of a group buy price?

lol true, but how many theifs would think about cutting the gps wire.

If you install the sender under the parcel shelf and the gps antenna resting next to one of the speakers i doubt they would notice esp when they hacking away at the alarm system in the front of the car :yes:

Any chance of a group buy price?

:D You can hide the GPS antenna too and it will still work. So they won't even know if it's there, unless if you want to make it visible as a deterrent. I hide mine under and inside so much stuff in my car.