SAU Community

Time To Upgrade

candy33

my boss owns one and has had soooo many electrical problems with it over the years. i guess the more automated gadgets on board, the more things to go wrong

Yeah I have seen some problems with the electrics, and the gearbox in them fails sometimes.

I was considering purchasing my uncle's one when he put it up for sale, lucky I didn't because 2 months after the sale gearbox went pop 12k repair bill. OUCH!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think either an RX7 or NSX would be awesome. RX7 is high maintenance though, but series 8 definately arent common.

Otherwise you have your STI or EVO's. Maybe even a Golf R32?

Thanks for all your opinions guys.. really appreciate it. But don't really want to go too Grandpa-spec with the bmw/mercedes sedans or even EVO's or STI's as im after a sports coupe.

Well at this stage i'm still unsure of what to get but i may have to test drive a r34 gtr as 90% of people i know are telling me to get one. But too me its still a another skyline.

But right now i'd have to say its either between the NSX or the 350z..maybe M3 e36 but still unsure.

What are your opinions on the NSX as i've yet to drive one, and how would you compare them to say the BMW M3 or R34 gtr.

Thanks guys

EVO? 930 Turbo porsche?

Hey Musty! yeah the EVO is a 4 door..and don't really want another 4wd turbo.. as you may already know

930 Porsche on the other hand, looks abit old. Although wouldnt mind that Ferrari you have.. :banana:

Tai cant believe ur considering of selling ur r33, u just finished it! Outter ur list i would go for any of the first 3.

Yeah Ferah sought of getting over the good old skyline. But im unsure of which one to sell, but most likely its the R32 GTR.

Want something with abit more respect and not so common.

get yourself a BF typhoon. bout 40-50k.

or vy-vz senator in black.

but if u want to stick to a jap car id go the 350Z with mods :P

Not a big fan of Aussie muscle cars, although they do look quite mean. I'm soughta after a smaller, lower 2 door car..if you know wat i mean.

Thanks anyway.

e36 m3 convertible, in purple of course :banana:

gosh i love that car.

or since you want to stick jap id go for a v35. A nice black premium pack.

Although i love 350z's, they're fairly common.

Hey Musty! yeah the EVO is a 4 door..and don't really want another 4wd turbo.. as you may already know

930 Porsche on the other hand, looks abit old. Although wouldnt mind that Ferrari you have.. :banana:

the ferraris mine all mine :D

what about an s2000? not a turbo but sooo much potential

Booked for a test drive in a silver R34 GTR from Gran Turismo (GTA) in city this weekend. Want to see what all the fuss is about, but still curious to see or drive a NSX.. anybody been in one??

As for S2000 a tad small i reckon there almost MX5 like.

I know this is a Skyline forum.. and this may seem like a silly question. But whats better a 95 NSX or a 98 R34 GTR? opinions please.

thanks

Just purely from an eye catching viewpoint, the NSX will grab a lot more attention than 99% of Skylines. Unless you do a GTR up to the same standard as your candy 33.

They look awesome, especially with a nice kit (veilside looks mean). And from what I understand they go pretty damn hard too.

The NSX is a great car. I've driven an early model 3litre manual and they handle well, good torque, nicely balanced and nimble car to drive with a few suspension tweaks. They are very small and low, inside there's not much room at all, but all the controls are within reach. They definitely get the looks.

Snowman owned an auto NSX-T (targa roof) so he may offer an opinion.