SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

^^^this

Don't try work around an issue, get on top of it.

I have bad legs, the tightest that multiple physios and professionals have felt in their careers, but I spent a lot of time (money) finding the best thing for me.

Now I look like I'm doing sissy girl legs extension crunches on warm ups, but I'm actually stretching in a non tensional way. It actually stretches my muscles properly and not just that pulling feeling that you get when doing 'conventional' resistance stretches. Flexibiltity is heaps better and legs are literally twice as strong as they were when I started 7months ago. But I still have to get a decent remedial massage every 2-4 weeks to stay of top of things, learn our body.

For some reason I had epic gas tonight when doing deadlifts. I was up to 120kg x 10 and by this stage I felt it building up rep by rep, then by the last rep I farted something chronic while I let the bar down, thinking it was safe as I was training late and there was probably only 3 other people training.

To my surprise I turned the corner and there was a really good-looking girl doing pull-ups. She started laughing as I walked by so I assume she heard it (unless I'm just a funny looking guy)

Feelsbadman

For some reason I had epic gas tonight when doing deadlifts. I was up to 120kg x 10 and by this stage I felt it building up rep by rep, then by the last rep I farted something chronic while I let the bar down, thinking it was safe as I was training late and there was probably only 3 other people training.

To my surprise I turned the corner and there was a really good-looking girl doing pull-ups. She started laughing as I walked by so I assume she heard it (unless I'm just a funny looking guy)

Feelsbadman

Sounds rough man haha!

What gym was this at? Good looking women and not crowded, sounds like a winner!

Probably best to avoid doing anything that involves bicep flexion, at least til your physio says otherwise. That rules out a lot of back exercises, but you coul probably still do pull overs etc

Yeah thanks, your right. Will speak to physio today and develop a workout for the entire body. Cheers.

If you're suggesting that caused injury, it never ever gave a remote hint of being an issue. I only did it a couple of times, and that was AGES before my back ate shit.

Nah.. just saying that it invites and injury.

I wouldn't do it.

It's very hard to not relax your hams, lower back and butt while holding in that position.

and you relax any of those and pop.

I know your injuries were not lifting related.

Nah.. just saying that it invites and injury.

I wouldn't do it.

It's very hard to not relax your hams, lower back and butt while holding in that position.

and you relax any of those and pop.

I know your injuries were not lifting related.

Oh yeah I definitely agree that there'd be a large increase in risk doing it, though I wasn't "relaxing" as such - more just pausing. I wouldn't have a hope in the world of getting it back up again if I actually relaxed haha.

Though now I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, coz I'm certain my latest lower back/SIJ bullshit was entirely brought on by lifting lol.

when did this thread turn into the injury and rehab discussion... so I think I've pulled a muscle in my vagina... lol just kidding, sucks when you can't train 100%... that's why using a weight you can do with correct form is so important... and making sure you keep in balance by working every muscle group, not just the ones that gets the chicks!

ps. all the johnny come latelies now crowding my gym... it's too late for you so why don't you fck off back to the couch and let me train in peace... please... at least none of them train legs so the racks are usually free... some of them stand at the cables for an hour doing all manner of shit and I can't get in to do some finishers or shoulder prehab... seriously you can buy cables for home... do you have a door? then you have a gym lol

Sounds rough man haha! What gym was this at? Good looking women and not crowded, sounds like a winner!

Active in Erindale :)

when did this thread turn into the injury and rehab discussion... so I think I've pulled a muscle in my vagina... lol just kidding, sucks when you can't train 100%... that's why using a weight you can do with correct form is so important... and making sure you keep in balance by working every muscle group, not just the ones that gets the chicks! ps. all the johnny come latelies now crowding my gym... it's too late for you so why don't you fck off back to the couch and let me train in peace... please... at least none of them train legs so the racks are usually free... some of them stand at the cables for an hour doing all manner of shit and I can't get in to do some finishers or shoulder prehab... seriously you can buy cables for home... do you have a door? then you have a gym lol

hahahaha well written... *golf clap*

when did this thread turn into the injury and rehab discussion... so I think I've pulled a muscle in my vagina... lol just kidding, sucks when you can't train 100%... that's why using a weight you can do with correct form is so important... and making sure you keep in balance by working every muscle group, not just the ones that gets the chicks!

ps. all the johnny come latelies now crowding my gym... it's too late for you so why don't you fck off back to the couch and let me train in peace... please... at least none of them train legs so the racks are usually free... some of them stand at the cables for an hour doing all manner of shit and I can't get in to do some finishers or shoulder prehab... seriously you can buy cables for home... do you have a door? then you have a gym lol

Since when did this thread turn into a bitching session about issues at the gym.. oh I'm so big cause I train my legs.. lol just kidding, sucks when you cant train 100%.. that's why going to the gym at the right time is so important...

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Couldn't help myself :action-smiley-069:

Edited by SRS13

that's why I'm going today on my lunch break instead of after work, its like a graveyard during the middle of the day:)

seriously though I wish someone would have told me when I was 18 how to train properly... the internet was around but it took 10 minutes for a page to load lol... I made all the classic mistakes, never really grew much and gave up... although I did have nice arms hehe... its a shame when I see young guys making the same mistakes I did

ranting is all in good fun... everyone who pays their membership has the right to do whatever they want and be left in peace

I hear ya...

Tuesday night I walk into free weight room, see double the normal attendees and every bench or cable machine being used, by people with brand new gym clothes lol. I don't get the mentality...it seems to go something like "oh the suns out now, if I do some skull crushers I can drop my 15kg gut and develop *rock hard abs* in time for summer...or my next motivation/discipline drop...whichever comes first." I guess these are the same people who last 2 months at the gym cause they aren't prepared to invest any significant part of their life or planning into it.

Same people who come and play tennis at my local courts when the Aussie open starts lol, brand new racquets and all. Seasonal cunts, fuck off!

#rantsarefun

^^^ this.

I have a cheap power cage and cheap barbell and cheap weights and cheap bench at home.

it takes me 3 seconds to get to the gym.

there are no other members using the equipment.

I don't have anyone asking for a spot or asking if they can work in.

buy equipment for home for the price of a years membership at any gym.

^^^ this.

I have a cheap power cage and cheap barbell and cheap weights and cheap bench at home.

it takes me 3 seconds to get to the gym.

there are no other members using the equipment.

I don't have anyone asking for a spot or asking if they can work in.

buy equipment for home for the price of a years membership at any gym.

^^ And that there is all that's required!