SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

What happens if you take these powder supplement drinks without going to the gym? I want to gain another 5kg or so, but I have trouble being able to eat so much food to get the required carbs etc. and dont realy want to sign up to the gym, dont really have the motivation...

Edited by Dani Boi

you'll be wasting your money and getting fat...

just up your carb and fat intake to put on weight. but the weight you would be putting on is fat... which is pretty useless..

2 weeks won't see much change in weight mate by just eating.

Are you after just size in general ie, just fat? Or do you want muscle?

Because you won't get muscle without working them, so to put on 5KG's would only be fatty weight and this will take more than 2 weeks to really see much difference unless you went all out

Alright cheers. Think I'll keep trying to eat a bit more for the next two weeks and if I dont see a difference I'm going to have to get some motivation and sign up for the gym

HA!

I've been TRYING to lose those last 5 kilos, do you want mine? :laugh:

I've hit a brick wall, I can't seem to lose any more weight

I even went to the nutritionist at the gym to give me a diet plan and still trying :D

Yeah buddy throw those 5kg this way :)

2 weeks won't see much change in weight mate by just eating.

Are you after just size in general ie, just fat? Or do you want muscle?

Because you won't get muscle without working them, so to put on 5KG's would only be fatty weight and this will take more than 2 weeks to really see much difference unless you went all out

Bare with me :happy:

I'm kind of after both (muscle and fat), I dont want to be really bulky but I wouldn't mind having some sort of muscle tone mainly around the lower/upper arms and shoulders/upper back. I do have some gym equipment at home (dumbbells, row machine, treadmill, bike and abdominal bench) that I will start using if it's going to benefit me in gaining some weight and the muscle tone I'm after.

The question I guess I'm asking is that because I dont eat enough carbs etc. in my diet, all this time spent working out will have no effect or will it?

It will, just not to as greater extent as if you were :happy:

If you are still getting adequate protein and fats, you will put on some size/tone muscle wise over time. However if you want to really get some meat on there you need all 3 (fat protein carb) in a balance.

Just got out of a massive rut where i was training like 3 days a week for a month and a bit and started eating a lot of crap :happy:

Lost a bit of size not much, but gained a fair bit of fat :)

Started hitting the gym hard again 2 weeks ago and started some AAS again. Up 4kg although it will be all water. Feels good going to the gym again i felt like shit and hated myself when i wasn't going and eating all these chocolates but for some reason i still couldn't go

Thanks buddy. I've done a bit of searching online and found some pretty useful balanced meals that I think I'm going to give a shot at along with regular weight lifting etc. We'll see how I go biggrin.gif

Have a look at this to work out how many calories you need to grow

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=113010

personally i think the diet is too high in protein, but have a look at the way to calculate how many cals u need to eat

Edited by topher_

So you add Magnesium and B6 with those Zinc tabs?

When do you take the Zinc tabs?

The tablet is complete in it's ratio with Zinc , magnesium and B6. so no additional required.

1 tab before bed time is enough of a boost for most people if you are getting RDI.

There are studies around the supplimentation and it's effectiveness with weight trainers and even in the early days of research with NFL gridiron players. In that study an increase of 30% of testostorone was observed on average and corresponding increases in strength. This is at an elite level of sports. These days most high level athletes ensure there is enough zinc for the regime of training. However the average punter is usually un-aware of the benificial gains if they are not getting the additional zinc from diet.

Do some googling around the studies if you like. Also ensure that you don't oversuppliment zinc as it has effects on absorbtion of things like iron and therefore is rather bad for you.

hope that helps :happy:

Alright cheers. Think I'll keep trying to eat a bit more for the next two weeks and if I dont see a difference I'm going to have to get some motivation and sign up for the gym

You need to honest about the training motivation / desire.

Going to the gym to weight train the way people say means spending hours every week in time going to /from and training at a gym. Not to mention the addtional cost.

Maybe thats too much cost or time for you right now in your life.

It's all relative of course but, getting what you want (4kg muscle gain ) doesn't mean even doing the gym thing.

For most punters like yourself you can get away with say 1 minute of total excersise movements in 1 month (60seconds per month) and put on plenty of muscle and perhaps more importantly strength. Eating is important, but so is rest.

I am testing a program out on a bunch of different aged/sized / body type/ training experience blokes. It's basically a good 'lazy blokes' workout. There is a young guy who is one of those just over 50kgs stick like people who can eat like there is no tomorrow and put no weight on, he's put on 3kgs of muscle in a month (a bit over 1 minute of time commitment total). I am up about 10kgs in 6months, 101kgs from 91kgs. Every single trainer has had similar results with super low commitment, most have skipped several workouts as well. One experienced weight trainer almost needed counselling to help him cope with being sent home seconds after walking in the door of the gym once the workout was done.

None of this is spectacular or remarkable in the world of weight training in terms of body weight or strength, it's not going to set the world of bodybuilding on fire and the collected science behind it's not new. However, for the people who sit around saying my work, kids, pub... insert other life pursuit is more important that the gym time, it's a nice thing to know about and have a go at.

Because the time commitment is so low it's super easy to turn it into a habit and from the gains you get you then find positive motivation to up the intensity and maybe start seeing value in going to the gym and doing things to burn fat which there is no low commitment way around.

Sorry that's a bit of a huge rant. :blush:

It will, just not to as greater extent as if you were :(

If you are still getting adequate protein and fats, you will put on some size/tone muscle wise over time. However if you want to really get some meat on there you need all 3 (fat protein carb) in a balance.

Yes, and opinion of the balance varies, the group on Nissan Silvia talked about 35/50/15 in the ratio of calories from protein/fats/carbs. Where carbs/protein contained 4calories per ? and the fat was 9 calories for an equal sized serving.

The important part was the fats are Omega 6/3 in a ratio of 2:1, eating saturated fat won't help you much at all :yes:

HA!

I've been TRYING to lose those last 5 kilos, do you want mine? :P

I've hit a brick wall, I can't seem to lose any more weight

I even went to the nutritionist at the gym to give me a diet plan and still trying :ninja:

The last 5 is always the hardest, you need to keep constantly pushing your breaking point. Try switching things up, fart-lek instead of running, if you lift low reps but heavy weight try doing some circuit stuff with less recovery time to bust thru that last 5 kgs. Im using some carnitine from musashi to help the process along and for me it's doing some great work.

just noticed a couple of people talking about creatine, i am pharmacist student in my last year, and i have done some minor research on peer reviewed journals and trials of creatine. Though it may do want you want it to do it also does alot of things you dont want it to do. So please if you are using the creatine based supplements or straight creatine monohydrate please dont use it for more than a month at a time. It is dangerous and has possibilities of altering functions within our body that are not safe. If you want some more info just pm i have saved some reasearch. Also guys looking at loosing weight pharmacies have some decent replacement meals and ones that actually have all the vitams in them already so you dont have to take extra supplements.

Guys putting on weight or mass becarefull of how much protein you are having if you are unsure check with a nutritionists, high protein diets, especially high animal proteins, can have adverse effects on our bodies.

hate to preech so much but ive done some research and i might as well convey it to people cheers.

Hey Guys,

I was mixing No explode pre work out and protein twice a day along with 3 meals.. (I know i should have been eating more) but i just cant... my stomach wont let it !

I was training 5 days a week for about 2 months and noticed a difference.... i was taking full whey protein and had put on muscle and was happy with my figure... As soon as i stopped training i lost it all do not take protein !!! do it naturally so you will not lose it

But i must say the no explode was INSANE !!! i could push so many more reps and accomplish a lot more sets then on the days i wouldnt take it..... But it cant be good for you !

So i say.... train naturally !! or just take up Muay thai if you cbf lifting weights... its what i done

Cheers!

Hummm personally, im not a big fan of pre-work out Nitric oxide's (no xplode, superpump 250 etc) the crash I got from it was pretty shithouse, im just taking ON gold standard before, get into the car listen to some up tempo music and get in and do work. At least this way you dont have to cycle month on / month off at a time.

i tried bsn n.o xplode.. was good and did help pre workout.. but now i can push a shitload more and am more energetic without it. just eat a meal before gym with protein and some carbs and your set.. also listening to master of puppets or du hast does help.

Hey Guys,

I was mixing No explode pre work out and protein twice a day along with 3 meals.. (I know i should have been eating more) but i just cant... my stomach wont let it !

I was training 5 days a week for about 2 months and noticed a difference.... i was taking full whey protein and had put on muscle and was happy with my figure... As soon as i stopped training i lost it all do not take protein !!! do it naturally so you will not lose it

But i must say the no explode was INSANE !!! i could push so many more reps and accomplish a lot more sets then on the days i wouldnt take it..... But it cant be good for you !

So i say.... train naturally !! or just take up Muay thai if you cbf lifting weights... its what i done

Cheers!

What the hell? lol