SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

What the f**k is even the point to that ?

Giving even less than my usual amount of f**ks because it's a weekend? I'm going for weight gain here, and while I'm not actually using the pizza as part of a nasty filthy bulk diet, I can't find any real reason to omit it on occasion when I feel like eating something shit.

Also I was trying to make a point about how I'm ALWAYS hungry. Like even right now, I just recently ate lunch, literally just finished another coffee and a free blueberry muffin the cafe chick gave me, and my mind is still telling me to eat more even though my stomach is quite satisfied.

Troy - I think you might have aidz.

Is Leesh in Melb this week? Coz no birds and no Leesh I can only assume they are getting skyline window photos together.

hahaha how do I have aidz?

Also yes. I believe you're correct in your assumption.

losing weight is not an issue at all if its fat?

I think perhaps he was emphasising the rate at which he lost weight, saying it was too quick.

Yeah was just worried about the rate I was losing, probably almost a KG a month for the last 5 months.

Trying not to worry about the number on the scales too much just looking in the mirror to see what I need to work on or do.

Troy - I think you might have aidz.

Is Leesh in Melb this week? Coz no birds and no Leesh I can only assume they are getting skyline window photos together.

Tomorrow I think

Yeah was just worried about the rate I was losing, probably almost a KG a month for the last 5 months.

Trying not to worry about the number on the scales too much just looking in the mirror to see what I need to work on or do.

5kg in 5 months and you were worried? I wouldnt be worried about a rate that slow.

If strength rises and bodyfat decreases you're doing it right..(if thats what you want to happen)

Edited by jangles

I know this. In Leighs case, I dont think thats an issue.

How so? I'd think that no matter how fat you are, it's never in your interests to eat less calories than lean mass you have (under the fat of course)...if that makes sense.

5kg in 5 months and you were worried? I wouldnt be worried about a rate that slow.

If strength rises and bodyfat decreases you're doing it right..(if thats what you want to happen)

yeah actually now that I open my eyes and read the details, 5kg in 5 months is NOT "too fast" by any means. As Markos recommends, 500g of fat loss per week is roughly spot on and maintainable without losing much (if any) muscle mass...obviously this is different depending on how much you actually weigh, but I'd say you're fine lol

Finally getting around to doing this.

Looking at this one.

Can anyone tell me what the top bars coming out the top/side are?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181124908856?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3342wt_1257

Found myself a 7ft standard bar that will fit so I don't have to buy all new weights and now just need to get a suitable bench. Hopefully all done for $550 or so which seems reasonable.

Worth looking at an adjustable bench? I've only ever flat benched.

Finally getting around to doing this.

Looking at this one.

Can anyone tell me what the top bars coming out the top/side are?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181124908856?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3342wt_1257

Found myself a 7ft standard bar that will fit so I don't have to buy all new weights and now just need to get a suitable bench. Hopefully all done for $550 or so which seems reasonable.

Worth looking at an adjustable bench? I've only ever flat benched.

I assume you can move those rack pins to the inside of the rack, otherwise it looks like if you stuck any heavy barbell on those rack pins, the whole thing would fall over.

Would definitely look at an adjustable bench, I'd love one for home, ideally so you can do decline as well. You mean you've never done incline bench Dan?

Thanks TTT.

God_speed: Correct, they can be moved inside the rack and yes I've never done incline bench. I've never been madly into weights or overly strong, I just do it to keep some level of physique (I work an office job) and to assist with working on my car/around the house. I've never repped more than 100kg on the bench anyway (atm only a touch over 90kg) and it's only been recently that I've started making an effort to do some more compound work and get involved in some of the "proper" lifts like squats and DLs etc, hence the rack.

Edited by ActionDan

Had a read about incline bench, looks like it could be worth having the option to do it.

What about something like this?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ADJUSTABLE-BENCH-PRESS-SIT-UP-INCLINE-HOME-GYM-WEIGHTS-FLAT-TO-FULL-INCLINE-/170917826387?pt=AU_Strength_Training&hash=item27cb7f0f53&_uhb=1#ht_6059wt_910

A lot of the adjustable benches looked quite flimsy and whilst it'd never need to hold more than my weight and say 100-110kg, that's still pushing close to 200kg total weight.

Or maybe worth getting one that has the leg attachments on the end.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Sit-Up-Ab-Abdominal-Crunch-Adjustable-Incline-Bench-Weights-Bench-Press-Ab-/221144984094?pt=AU_Strength_Training&hash=item337d44aa1e&_uhb=1#ht_4264wt_1024

EDIT: wrong one, I meant one that allows hammy curls etc but I assume I can get enough of a leg workout in the cage.

Edited by ActionDan

Ok so I'm just gonna say (because I sell gym equipment), cheap stuff is just that... cheap.

Shitty craftsmanship 99% of the time, yet 99% of the people who buy the stuff complain when something goes wrong.

I laugh when they complain about entry level bumper plates being $5.50 per kg