SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

Cool story bro.

Both i do, Very well, Diet is very clean, and gym work well two times a day 5 days a week min. but sometimes you hit a wall as such and you dont gain or loose any more body fat.

Hydroycut pro was what i used before but yeah as always something in it gets banned they change recipe same case with this. Now trying to find the next decent thing.

What is your bodyfat percentage sitting around?

What sort of numbers are you lifting?

And for that matter, doth thou even hoist?

While we're here, why is it always the skinniest/fattest and weakest guys at my gym sipping on preworkouts or telling me I should use them because they just pushed out an extra rep on 60kg bench (so I can be just like them?)?

I also don't get this "improved focus" concept that PWO users are always on about. Is lifting weights up and down a difficult notion that requires a lot of brain power ala calculus...or is it just a technical term for "I don't get enough sleep and food and these chemicals help me to ignore the issue?"

damn you guys like spending money... the best pre-workout supp is a carb load the night before and a good night sleep

if you really want a fat burner why fck around... go smoke some ice and be done with it... you ever seen a fat meth head lol

While we're here, why is it always the skinniest/fattest and weakest guys at my gym sipping on preworkouts or telling me I should use them (so I can be just like them?)?

I also don't get this "improved focus" concept that PWO users are always on about. Is lifting weights up and down a difficult notion that requires a lot of brain power ala calculus...or is it just a technical term for "I don't get enough sleep and food and these chemicals help me to ignore the issue?"

Sometimes it's the latter regarding sleep etc, though whether or not you agree that people should be relying on them as heavily as they are, it'd be pretty silly to suggest hands down that there's no basis to their effects and that they're just a placebo.

Even if you get plenty of rest and nutrients and are operating at your peak, I can assure you that a pre-workout supplement will still provide some benefits...whether you feel these benefits made any difference to your workout or not is entirely your call.

It's afternoons like this one that I know there's no way I'm mentally able to hit the gym when I get away from work and still train as intensely as I would when I'm feeling 100% (say like first thing Saturday morning). There's a big difference between being physically and mentally exhausted, and right now I'm suffering strongly from the latter. This is where the PWO comes in, because it will both (arguably by some) reduce my current mental exhaustion as well as mask what remains of it, meaning the whole time I'm at the gym I'm not sitting there wishing it would be over so I can go home and unwind, and am instead focusing on pushing that little bit harder than I did on an exercise last time.

• Like 2

I'm 100% with Birds on this.

I spend 60 hours in a gym with some extremely strong and hard training individuals, and some ordinary ones.

The really good ones, use Jacked or Craze the MORNING OF THE COMP only, NEVER for training, so 3-6 x a year

The ordinary ones use it every session, their reasons are very similar to Troy's

I have a PT in my gym, trains his own clients here, all the guys take these drinks, none of these guys are as strong as my girls, none, I'm dead serious

Making sure you are prepared to train hard every session is just a part of it

If you rely on stimulants, you'll fail because it means youve not done everything right

Just an observation from where I sit

Troy is correct, they REALLY sharpen you up, not all of them though

We have original formula Jacked and Craze, although we cant take it to interstate and international meets, it really helps

I guess not taking them for 360 days, and only at meets, stops any chance of dulling the effect

I have used a few pwo, as i seem to be given samples whenever i buy stuff.

Its overrated, yes there is something there, but for the money, if your eating right a strong coffee is just as good.

So many products out there that people think you NEED to train hard its just not necessary, maybe for the odd day your draggin your ass but other wise save your cash.

You still can get craze.

And at this stage by far the best pwo out there.

There are different blends of it, marko's stocks the good sh*t.

Have you tried F=MA or PV7?

Edited by jangles

I'm 100% with Birds on this.

I spend 60 hours in a gym with some extremely strong and hard training individuals, and some ordinary ones.

The really good ones, use Jacked or Craze the MORNING OF THE COMP only, NEVER for training, so 3-6 x a year

The ordinary ones use it every session, their reasons are very similar to Troy's

I have a PT in my gym, trains his own clients here, all the guys take these drinks, none of these guys are as strong as my girls, none, I'm dead serious

Making sure you are prepared to train hard every session is just a part of it

If you rely on stimulants, you'll fail because it means youve not done everything right

Just an observation from where I sit

I totally agree with this even though I use stims and supps. The reason being, they are supps, supplementing for something I am lacking or haven't done/achieved right.

I use various supps, just because I can really. Placebo or actually stimulating, placebo's work.

*I havent been using a pre trainer since eating more (can we call them PRE TRAINERS? PWO is post work out.)

I tried samples of Myo Blitz, C4 and Black Powder the other week.

C4 tasted the least shit, made me feel like an animal in the gym, tingly hands etc, the other two did absolutely NOTHING.

Taking Oxyelite Pro now to try and help a bit with fat loss, so not taking any PWOs at all, apart from a banana 1.5 hours before.

I was starting to get a bit autistic about choice of protein powder etc based on the studies of having a casein / whey blend on fasted people, until I read further into it and realised that it's not like you don't eat for 10 hours before training in the real world.

I tried samples of Myo Blitz, C4 and Black Powder the other week.

C4 tasted the least shit, made me feel like an animal in the gym, tingly hands etc, the other two did absolutely NOTHING.

Taking Oxyelite Pro now to try and help a bit with fat loss, so not taking any PWOs at all, apart from a banana 1.5 hours before.

I was starting to get a bit autistic about choice of protein powder etc based on the studies of having a casein / whey blend on fasted people, until I read further into it and realised that it's not like you don't eat for 10 hours before training in the real world.

I'll not be eating for ~16 hours before training when I start my cutting diet :P will be starting it off with intermittent fasting to get my appetite back into check and under control, then I'll go back to a regular diet once I'm not craving food every minute of the day.

you like the leangains philosophy?

I found the OEP just helps me a bit with the habitual eating rather than eating when my body is in fact, hungry.

I'm still doubtful about intraworkout supps, extra BCAAs, 'pump' supplements etc, they all seem to cater to the broscience crowd, and it's hard to find any objective information or research!

Not so much leangains as I haven't bothered reading into his methods enough, I just generally mean only eating between 6pm and 10pm (sorry, I don't know why I said 16 hours previously - I meant 20), and between these hours taking in your entire day's calories and appropriate macros. I found it very effective for controlling hunger (which is my biggest issue lately...I'm relentlessly craving food). On the couple of occasions recently I've either over eaten by a significant amount, or in preparation for family gathering (where I plan on over eating, lol), I've use IF to 'even things out' a little bit so to speak, and it was super effective with controlling hunger even in my insatiable state right now.

On your note about intraworkout shite, I've never bothered with anything except water (or milk, lol...I handled it fine but I definitely wouldn't recommend it during heavy lifting hahaha). I would personally stay as far away from anything that says it will give bigger muscle pump, since lately I'm finding particularly on leg or back/arms day, the forearm and quad/hamstring pump I'm experiencing is almost unbearable. For 'pull' movements, I'm actually going to start using straps as my forearms are causing failure due to immense pain from muscle pump well before the muscles I'm attempting to work do.

you like the leangains philosophy?

I found the OEP just helps me a bit with the habitual eating rather than eating when my body is in fact, hungry.

I'm still doubtful about intraworkout supps, extra BCAAs, 'pump' supplements etc, they all seem to cater to the broscience crowd, and it's hard to find any objective information or research!

BCAA's do what food does, if you can't get a decent meal prior.

If I was to choose one workout supp it would be amino acids.