SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

Leesh. Just visit ptc Perth. Once.

it'll be worth it.

Deadlift will be slightly different for everyone. Different length arms, legs etc etc....

YouTube - mark rippetoe deadlift

He teaches it well.

http://www.ptcperth.com.au

Get the contact details and call up and speak to Dan or Paul.

Tell them you want to be shown how to squat, bench and deadlift with correct form.

they are open all week and Saturday's I think.

Make a time to visit and get taught all 3.

probably cost you $20 for the session.

Most important thing you'll get out of it are cues. Things to remember when doing the movement.

Eg squat:

sit back

knees out

chest up

Deads:

shoulders back

Back arched

push the floor away.

Also if you are doing something odd that you don't feel, they will see it and tell you so you know to fix it.

You can watch all the vids you want but a simple coaching session will be 100 times more beneficial.

Leesh. Just visit ptc Perth. Once.

it'll be worth it.

Deadlift will be slightly different for everyone. Different length arms, legs etc etc....

YouTube - mark rippetoe deadlift

He teaches it well.

I always figured you for a fan of Rippetoe!

Fell asleep way early last night (8:15pm or so, early as all hell by my standards) resulting in waking up at 4:30 this morning knowing I wouldn't be going back to sleep....today was the first time in many many months I've actually got up at such a stupid hour and stayed up, let alone done something productive with this time by going to the gym. Morning sessions THIS EARLY make for pretty some half arse lifts lol...though at least I'm up to 44kg working sets on DB press now :)

Yeah this kind of morning session is a real struggle...on weekends though I'll generally have a more production session before lunch rather than afternoon.

I trained at out under the patio at 5am for about 3 years.

Winter was always much much harder... temp wise and lighting.

The last thing I wanted to do was hold on to that freezing cold bar.

As the years went by, each winter just got harder and harder and the knees and back took longer and longer to warm up.

It was good though.. by the time I got to work I'd already been up for 3 hours and done my lifting... Could just sit around and eat all day.

Train evenings now.

I prefer to train in the mornings. When I've been dedicated to going to the gym, it's been at 5-6am (the primary reason I changed to Jetts from Fitness First). Partially has to do with having a dad who's ex-military... also has to do with me liking regularity in my regime. Work can finish anywhere from 5-midnight so makes it tougher to stick to a schedule.

With that said, one of the guys that used to work with us had this supplement that was also an energy lifter. He wouldn't drink coffee at work in the mornings because this stuff had him going.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Have been feeling my energy levels steadily depleting over the last 12 months and could do with a boost to get me back into my routine. If it helps, the stuff he was using was in a white bottle, with black label and red writing.... as generic as that is..

Any help would be appreciated!

Yeah, what Tolga said. What you're looking for should only be used on the odd occasion you're run down from lack of sleep or just a busy day. Long term energy problem are either going to be chronic fatigue/consistent sleep loss, or just a shitty diet. Any other possible causes will definitely not be fixed by an energy drink as they're either illness related or hormonal.

Just eat more.

Just a pre-workout of some sort...pretty much full of caffeine and x chemicals, commonly used by people deficient in food and sleep.