SAU Community

White R32 Accident At Mile End

L3nny

On the way home I passed a white R32 with its front caved in on south rd, the 2 Lanes of traffic by the smoke mart on South Road, where blocked with traffic being diverted.

It looked nasty so I hope this was no one from here, if it was I hope you escape with no or minor injuries.

my back dont look like its been hit at all, when i open my boot tho..... thats when u can see it lol. yeh he has insurance and all, its just a head f***. when it happened i just wanted to kill the guy, when he got out the car the first thing he said was "happy new years", this small asian man, that had the worst engrush id ever heard...

he has been helpful in getting this all sorted tho so i have no beef with him.

i hope the driver of the white 32 is ok tho.

Hey everyone,

that was my 32 GTR last night, but luckly nobody was injured in the accident.

My car is probably written off, and ive only hade it for 3 months, plus I have heaps of parts in my room to mod it, so im loving life right now, but everybody walked out of it so im glad.

I guess the search for a new GTR begins soon.

Are you able to comment on what happened?

I couldn't see any other damaged vehicles

Yeah mate,

basically, i came out of my mates street, about 2 streets up and was in the right lane, and a land cruiser facing the opposite way was waiting to turn right, he started to go, hesitated and stopped, then cut in front of me, didnt have enought time to brake, and went into his passanger rear door.

His car was still drivable, but mine was stuffed.

Good news is that I spoke to the insurance company, and as it isnt my fault, I dont have to pay excess.

Saw my car today to get my personal stuff, i nearly shed a tear, its a complete writen off. Here are some pics of it:

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

Yeah I was thinking about buying it back, its currently getting towed straight to pickles auctions, where the insurance company is going to assess it, I still have the first option to buy it back, but I dont know how much I have to pay to get it back yet.

The motor still looks good, but I think the gearbox actually got pushed back. It also has garrett gt2860's on it, and the enkei rims are still ok.

Yeah I was thinking about buying it back, its currently getting towed straight to pickles auctions, where the insurance company is going to assess it, I still have the first option to buy it back, but I dont know how much I have to pay to get it back yet.

The motor still looks good, but I think the gearbox actually got pushed back. It also has garrett gt2860's on it, and the enkei rims are still ok.

Depending on your own mechanical knowledge it might be worth trying to get someone to have a look over it for you who would know what is undamaged and reusable before buying it back.

Really glad that no one was hurt but damn! I feel for you mate. Good luck!

Even if YOU dont buy it back, you may find someone on here willing to pay the to buy it as is. They would need to get the cash to you quickly, but when the insurance company offer you the wreck you dont have to give them an answer that day.

(My guess is the wreck will cost you $7000)

Edited by 4door_Sleeper

can i ask what speed you was doing just curious cause you got alot of damage and you still have the front reo bar,i've seen a few skylines around with NO reo bar(big fmic)

wonder if the reo bar helped save your engine.

EDIT:just trying to guage how fast in a skyline causes X amount of damage.

Edited by FATAZZ