SAU Community

M35

cogdog

Just wait till I get my suspension and sway bars sorted. :laughing-smiley-014:

Just got to work out the best method of getting it off the line at a corner without upsetting the misses by sliding around.

Thought I would put a picture of my ARX up.

Cheers

Andy

looks good.

with the take off try messing with the syncro button next to the gear leaver it seems to make a difference for me anyway.

• 7 months later...
I love these new Nissan M35 Stageas leave the old ones for dead

interesting how ppl's preferences vary, i was thinking i liked the older series 2 wgnc34's.

here's a side-by-side of the two

post-39388-1220091052_thumb.jpg

If you ask me I think the M35 is the Stagea for grown ups.

C34's are still awesome cars for the money and have the performance potential to embarrass a Clubsport or FPV GT with the right mods (and believe me it's a wicked feeling smoking that goose next to you in the Executive with stock V6 motor and Clubsport kit). But they have the same traits as an R33 Skyline which makes them seem a bit 'boy racer'.

The M35 comes across as the car that you buy after you've owned a sports car - you still get the sports car power and handling (mods permitting) but you get that nicer leather interior instead of Recaro bucket seats, you get 5-6 airbags as opposed to 1 or 2. If you by the AR-X you will most certainly get a full Bose sound system complete with subwoofer in the boot and the real plus is it doesn't sit in the cargo area. Performance parts are fairly easy to get so if you do miss the 'boy racer' of the C34 you can still revisit that with aftermarket exhausts, coilovers, intakes, turbo kits and other assorted parts.

But at the end of the day we are all united by one simple code and that is we Stagea owners past and present are all wagon owners and are all joined with a bond and nature that no Skyline, Supra or any other Coupe owner will understand.

... But [C34's] have the same traits as an R33 Skyline which makes them seem a bit 'boy racer'.

Not sure i agree with the boy racer image. Even an R33 doesn't always have to have

that tag. I think it depends on what's been done to the car. Add a huge rear wing

and a paint job with vinyl graphics to make a thai uni student proud and things start

to go down that path.

But it all comes down to personal preferences and, at the end of the day, as you say,

they're all stagea's and are therefore awesome.

If you ask me I think the M35 is the Stagea for grown ups.

C34's are still awesome cars for the money and have the performance potential to embarrass a Clubsport or FPV GT with the right mods (and believe me it's a wicked feeling smoking that goose next to you in the Executive with stock V6 motor and Clubsport kit). But they have the same traits as an R33 Skyline which makes them seem a bit 'boy racer'.

The M35 comes across as the car that you buy after you've owned a sports car - you still get the sports car power and handling (mods permitting) but you get that nicer leather interior instead of Recaro bucket seats, you get 5-6 airbags as opposed to 1 or 2. If you by the AR-X you will most certainly get a full Bose sound system complete with subwoofer in the boot and the real plus is it doesn't sit in the cargo area. Performance parts are fairly easy to get so if you do miss the 'boy racer' of the C34 you can still revisit that with aftermarket exhausts, coilovers, intakes, turbo kits and other assorted parts.

But at the end of the day we are all united by one simple code and that is we Stagea owners past and present are all wagon owners and are all joined with a bond and nature that no Skyline, Supra or any other Coupe owner will understand.

I more or less agree. The boy racer thing never really phased me. I'd still love a skyline to drive to work and back...

But I've now joined the M35 league...not that i'm "old" or whatever, just that my interests have changed and this car really suits me better. I owned a s2 stagea before and this time I basically just wanted the M35 because of all the newer technology etc.

I do agree that the styling etc of the M35 tends to appeal to "older" tastes - one only needs to refer to my previous comments in this thread and find that it wasnt' all that long ago that I never really liked the M35s at all. Who'd have thought I'd actually own one?

I own a M35 Ar-x and personally only on certain angles do I like it (as below). As for the Autotech 260.....f..king awesome looking car which ever way you look at it.

At the end of the day the only reason I went for the M35 over the 260 was that I could not justify spending 30K+ on an every day car that is already over ten years old.

post-37023-1220240461_thumb.jpg

Still wearing your red rashy and blue boardies from your last Jet ski sesh? :P

Smooth car. Very pimp. :P

LOL!!!...Was thinking what the F..K! How does this guy know about the jetski?....then on closer inspection I see what your talking about!....lucky I wasn't in my budgie smugglers!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
if only they didn't do that european(volvo) thing with the taillights i'd be interested ( c'mon you you guys admit... those bloody taillights :P )

There are aftermarket companies like Takero's that make covers for the tail lights ya know! :)

if only they didn't do that european(volvo) thing with the taillights i'd be interested ( c'mon you you guys admit... those bloody taillights :D )

don't mind the back end....its the front that looks like a Pokimon or cross eye'd!!!

don't mind the back end....its the front that looks like a Pokimon or cross eye'd!!!

Easy fix for your pokemon blues... Get a pair of series 2 m35 headlights.

...Yummo!

(Just don't ask Nissan to get you a set of Xenon's... or if you want a laugh... ask away!)

post-31842-1221202044_thumb.jpg