SAU Community

R33 S2 Highflowed Turbo

Hey guys,

I have a highflowed turbo for sale that came off a stagea I bought recently. The turbo would suit a rebuild as there is some noticeable movement back and forth on the shaft and also side to side. The compressor housing also shows the slighest signs of being touched by the compressor wheel on occasion. The turbo did not make any noise before it came off and had a slight amount of oil left in the cooler pipes.

I have no receipts for the work as it was done by previous owners but I will get pics of the front/rear wheels and its quite obvious that it has been highflowed as they are massive.

Still yet to get a quote from a turbo shop to rebuild this but I would expect around the $400-$500 mark.

Done a search here and these highflows seem to go for about 1300 bucks secondhand so im going to ask $600 for my one as is. Will eventually get a quote on rebuild and may even have this done then sell as a new turbo but I thought I would post it up and see if anyone else wants to take it as is.

Located in Perth but should be ok to post.

Regards,

Ryan

post-18921-1200432660_thumb.jpg

post-18921-1200432714_thumb.jpg

post-18921-1200432729_thumb.jpg

Edited by rinmak

Fair enough. I wasnt very sure on the price so im open to offers. Feel free to PM me with one. Il also get a quote on the rebuild and at the same time hopefully get some specs. Way I saw it was that people pay 1500 bucks to get their turbo's highflowed, and if my assumptions are correct then this turbo will only need about 400-500 worth of work done to get it rebuilt and working properly as a highflow...so its basically a new highflow for 1k give or take.

Anyway, il get some pics and a quote in the next few days hopefully.

Oh and sorry no specs or dyno sheets. Ive had the car 2 weeks and only drove it half a k before a cooler pipe fell of and subsequently got run over =/.

Cheers guys.

Edited by rinmak

Ok guys I spoke to the turbo place today and they told me the following:

- Definitely a high flow (duh)

- Capable of about 450hp

- Scoring on the compressor housing is easily tidied up.

- Compressor wheel will need replacement as one of the fins is slightly bent ($120 for new wheel)

- To expect about $800 all up for a rebuild inc parts and labour....and it was a worst case scenario sort of quote.

So in light of this the new price for the turbo is 300 ono

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

turbo is off a series 1 or 2 skyline or equivelent , actuator though is defenently off a series 1 skyline which leads me to believe its a series 1 turbo. rear wheel is defenently bigger and front i think is noticably different like mine with room to go bigger still. rear whwwl is same size as mine. does it have a rear steel for sure???? also core of turbo has noticable blemish marks in the metal which is a sign or uneven heat on the core. as you already know turbos get very hot so try get some close up shots to inspect for cracksin the casting. Really though for 100 dollars i would just buy it any way and take my chances b4 somebody else snaps it up.