SAU Community

Km's On Your Import

when purchased 2-3 years ago my read $69 on the odo.. suuuuure it only ever did that.....

guilty until proven inocent is true. I tend to believe mine did over 100k by a bit and now is in the 130-160 mark after putting a solid 30$ on it myself.

kind of funny how all these cars read roughly 60-70k on the odo's and then after the first owner drop significant value as the first owner pushes past the 100k mark... kind of a self perpetuating cycle isnt it... fresh imports... what a crock of shit... ITS A SECOND HAND CAR FOR GOD SAKE~!

Treat it as such, think logically... hey wait... best case is that the k's arent turned back THAT far .. its just been idling in chocked multimillion people sized city traffic jams day in and day out. another option.. general cheapy that has been picked up like the monkey said and light fixer upper and sold for a mint paying all the various middle men along the way to you... orrrr its a shit box with some $$$ spent on it but mostly dodgy work....

worst case I ever saw... entire engine bay + car from snow area with salt on the roads had rust EVERYWHERE! ... resprayed straight over the top and shipped over... to bad when it got here the rust did its thing and bubbled up... the car looked like that cancer ridden chick with makeup over the mega aids xma over her face smoker add...

hmm time for a cigy... I like to tell myself it will never happen to me.

worst case I ever saw... entire engine bay + car from snow area with salt on the roads had rust EVERYWHERE! ... resprayed straight over the top and shipped over... to bad when it got here the rust did its thing and bubbled up... the car looked like that cancer ridden chick with makeup over the mega aids xma over her face smoker add...

Far out I'd be majorly pee'd off if that was my car!

when i bought my 32gtr a couple months back it had done 79,000 kms im sure it may have done more but only 20,000 tops because it still had the original timing belt. one of the first things i replaced but is that a good indicator?

this is a good topic i bought mine gts skylinewith 130,000 on the clock and i believe it to be true however i have had a rb25det dropped in with supposivly 80,000k's on it? is there anyway possible to check this lol?

it would be possible to swap instrument panels. They just plug in and hey presto, low kms.

exactly, thats what i reckon they do most commonly for the digital dashs. Also if you know some one dodgy in the dealerships, they can plug in to their laptops and adjust the digitial reading, but the only problem with this is that is leaves an "imprint" on the computer saying what dealership and date something was adjusted.

My bros bosses son (bit of a tree haha), bought a a 93 r33 gtst with 65000km on the clock. I looked at it and laughed at him, biggest POS, not a chance its done less than 100000km. Even the waterpump was starting to leak coolant, and they dont go until the 150000km mark

there are dodgy people out there, but like everyone said, judge the car on its condition