SAU Community

Tyres

andz

yo guys

im going to order a set of Kumho KU31 (265/35/18) today or tomorrow for Saturday

just a last min thing before i order them, what tyres do u guys run and your thoughts? (budget $300 each)

maybe a score out of 10 for

wet/dry/wear eg. wet 6/ dry8/ wear 6

thanks

love ya

Andy

well mate i got Wanli's on mine and they make a shitload of tyre noise but they have been good so far...Hard compound...cost me $500 for all for....so i really can't tell you much but you would be able to get bridgestones for near that price....they are supposed to be really good

Hankook Ventus K104

$195 each approx.

rate them at 7.5/10 in wet and dry

best tyre {on a car} that Ive bought

I currently have a set of Toyo T1-R's (225/50/16 on stock GTR rims) and theyve been great, will be replacing the fronts next week with Goodyear Eagle F1's as the inside of the fronts has worn bare (too much toe in?, don't ever trust yr GTR with Bob Jane's is all I can say)

Cost around $188 ea apparently, so I hope they'll be ok... will get the rears done later... they seem to be highly rated by wheels magazine... will be getting em done at Goodyear on Northeast Road, Hampstead Gdns...

-D

Edited by Dohmar

I currently have a set of Toyo T1-R's (225/50/16 on stock GTR rims) and theyve been great, will be replacing the fronts next week with Goodyear Eagle F1's as the inside of the fronts has worn bare (too much toe in?, don't ever trust yr GTR with Bob Jane's is all I can say)

Cost around $188 ea apparently, so I hope they'll be ok... will get the rears done later... they seem to be highly rated by wheels magazine... will be getting em done at Goodyear on Northeast Road, Hampstead Gdns...

-D

yah Toyo T1R has really good review

but for 18's and 265/30, they're $390

$100 dearer each ($400)

Something similar has already been done > HERE

yeah seen that, cheers

yo guys

im going to order a set of Kumho KU31 (265/35/18) today or tomorrow for Saturday

just a last min thing before i order them, what tyres do u guys run and your thoughts? (budget $300 each)

maybe a score out of 10 for

wet/dry/wear eg. wet 6/ dry8/ wear 6

thanks

love ya

Andy

Your driving in a car that probably cost you in excess of 50 grand and you wouldn't spend the money for decent tyres?

hey mate let us know how ya go with tyres i need new tyres for my 18's but in the 255(well i could fit 265) and this time i want to get cheaper tyres, last lot wer 420 each, and only lasted 10,000km's if that. they were something like faulda exeleros

Your driving in a car that probably cost you in excess of 50 grand and you wouldn't spend the money for decent tyres?

i agree with u, you get what u pay for, but seeing i have AWD advantage, i thought i'd take a punt and go with the mid-end tyres rather than the top of the range that would cost me too much

I helped out as much as possible.

Obviously it wasnt worth anything.

And yes i would of thought seen as though u spent 50+k on an R34 GTR you would want the best tyres.

you were a great help...

*edited*

Edited by andz

The only time AWD helps is when accelerating your braking, and corner speed are unaffected by the 4wd.

What i wrote above was a bit misleading, i'm sure there are fairly good tyres out there espcially for 300 bucks or so a corner.

But i would never get el cheapo's for a car with that kind of performance, and from what it seems your going to get you haven't done that.

Happy motoring!!

I used to love buying tyres for my skyline, something about having all this expensive rubber underneath you, now i hate having to buy tyres for my ol bluebird.

Steve, for that price Im guessing the MA-Z1? I've got the MA-V1 (1 step down) and I like them alot. Compared to the nexens that were on the car when I bough it, 100x better for about $30 a tyre more. Compared to the Bridgestone Potenza 040's and Toyo T1-R's on my SP23, they seem reasonable. Bit hard to compare exactly as the skyline is ~100kg's heavier, but the Maxxis don't seem to be that far behind for the cheaper price.

The Z1 apparently SH1T all over the V1s - they won some tyre test for the price/performance category.

I've had the V1s, and they're ok but not fantastic, but my car is a little heavier than a skyline.

On the Wanlis - I've only heard bad things about them in the wet, apparently great in the dry though.

I've also had the K104s (again heavier than a skyline) and they were ok too.

Both the Maxxis and the Hankooks wore quite well.

well im about to try the MAXXIS tyres :D

will let you know my thoughts

$180ea 235x45x17

z_0.jpg

I have just put a set of 4 of these on the skyline, cant tell you how good they are yet because I cant use any boost (till the boost controler is reattached)

That price is good Steve, I paid $210 fitted yesterday.

well from my own cousin im going to go with RE001's when i wear out these shit nankang ns2's, for an undisclosed price. good tip when buying top of the range bridgestones is that when the model first comes out you want to buy them as soon as possible because they start production in Germany before moving production to asian countries.

well from my own cousin im going to go with RE001's when i wear out these shit nankang ns2's, for an undisclosed price. good tip when buying top of the range bridgestones is that when the model first comes out you want to buy them as soon as possible because they start production in Germany before moving production to asian countries.

Really, what would be the difference??

My preference and money is on the RE001 Adrenalin's (but I'm bias'd :D ).

I also liked the Federal 595's for good value for money, I currently have them on all fours in 205/40R17s and they set me back around $165each, good pattern, good feel in wet and dry and reasonable stiffness in the sw.