SAU Community

R32 Gtr Vspec Front Lip Question

Hi all,

Just wondering if it was only the R32 GTR V-specs that came standard with the dark grey front lip? I reckon it looks awesome, just wondering what the actual colour of the lip is called too?

Cheers,

Matt

Edited by Vija

Yeah the V-Specs came with the Nismo bodykits. Pretty much dark grey is the colour. I got one but my cars not a V-Spec just the Nismo kit and the paint is coming off, dammit!!! one too many scraps.

Thanks mate

^^Actually, sorry buddy, the Non V-Specs did come with a dark grey lip but I don' think they where painted, just the normal sorta non painted plastic or what ever they used.

I remember seeing it on the Wine Red and White GTR's but cuz I mainly see Grey and Black ones ya sorta don't notice it.

Ok, yeah seems a bit random what models came with it. I just bought a 94 wine R32 GTR and the whole front bar is wine coloured.

^^Actually, sorry buddy, the Non V-Specs did come with a dark grey lip but I don' think they where painted, just the normal sorta non painted plastic or what ever they used.

I remember seeing it on the Wine Red and White GTR's but cuz I mainly see Grey and Black ones ya sorta don't notice it.

^^Congratulations on the new GTR R32! how it going? All the best I hope! What you have b4?

Thats rare, Wine Red I hardly see them and usualy their are kept in pretty good condition. Cuz its not a colour a car nut would go around trashing in LOL.

Plus its the one of the local delivered Skyline colours, so Wine Red, Gun Metal Grey and Black (Also White, if I remembered correctly?) Quite original infact.

Previous owner must have painted the drak grey lip to match the rest of the car, cuz it kinda sticks out and can look alittle funny.

Any pics!!!

Hi all,

Just wondering if it was only the R32 GTR V-specs that came standard with the dark grey front lip? I reckon it looks awesome, just wondering what the actual colour of the lip is called too?

Cheers,

Matt

ALL R32 GT-R's (V-spec, N1, ordinary, Nismo) left the factory with the front spoiler unpainted, ie in unpainted dark grey plastic.

As this tended to date the cars & was also likely to get scratched and look pretty ordinary a majority of owners ended up painting them.

If you want one your best bet is you local Nissan spare parts man. They are not as stupidly priced as the rest of Nissans offerings.

Cheers! Still in Japan but can't wait to get it! It was a grade 4 so seems ok, the usual scratches etc but apparently a cut and polish should fix it. Didn't mind too much what colour but I would have picked this if I had this choice! It's a 94 model, and yeah the only colour I like with the grey lip was the wine red one so I might paint it. See how it looks first. Is pretty much stock except for a 320k speedo and coilovers. Mags too obviously, 17" Volk GT-U I believe. Last car was a 300zx twin turbo with just under 300kw. Great car but spun the tyres lots trying to get the power down, lots of fun though! Owned it for a long time but decided it was time for a change. Only pics I've got of the new one:

Cheers,

Matt

gtr1.jpg

gtr2.jpg

^^Congratulations on the new GTR R32! how it going? All the best I hope! What you have b4?

Thats rare, Wine Red I hardly see them and usualy their are kept in pretty good condition. Cuz its not a colour a car nut would go around trashing in LOL.

Plus its the one of the local delivered Skyline colours, so Wine Red, Gun Metal Grey and Black (Also White, if I remembered correctly?) Quite original infact.

Previous owner must have painted the drak grey lip to match the rest of the car, cuz it kinda sticks out and can look alittle funny.

Any pics!!!

Edited by Vija

^^Nice bro! When you said 94 model I was expecting it to be a V-Spec II and by seeing the wheels they looked like the BBS rims that came stock with the V-Spec II's.

When does it arrive?

I had a Nissan 280ZX tuned by Z - Shop. Had a high flow air filter, racing cams, full exhaust system and manifold, 5 speed 300ZX gearbox, 1" lowered King Springs and I took the back seats and spare tyre out. In the wet blasting down the freeway I could get sideways. Scary LOL!

Thanks mate, would be a nice surprise if it was a vspec II but somehow I don't think so heh. Not sure I'm the biggest fan of the rims but think they are worth a bit so might sell them and get something different. Won't be here for about a month.

Hehe yeah the Z's are fun, if you were doing 100km/h on the freeway and floored it in 4th it would spin the tyres in the wet, scary as :D

^^Nice bro! When you said 94 model I was expecting it to be a V-Spec II and by seeing the wheels they looked like the BBS rims that came stock with the V-Spec II's.

When does it arrive?

I had a Nissan 280ZX tuned by Z - Shop. Had a high flow air filter, racing cams, full exhaust system and manifold, 5 speed 300ZX gearbox, 1" lowered King Springs and I took the back seats and spare tyre out. In the wet blasting down the freeway I could get sideways. Scary LOL!

^^Actually Probley better if its NOT a V-Spec, they weight more and I preffered the standard GTR R32 rims then BBS ones.

If it was a N1 model with weight reduction and N1 turbos then YEAH!

Who did you buy the car through? Sell the rims and get some nice Nismo's!

Cheers! Still in Japan but can't wait to get it! It was a grade 4 so seems ok, the usual scratches etc but apparently a cut and polish should fix it. Didn't mind too much what colour but I would have picked this if I had this choice! It's a 94 model, and yeah the only colour I like with the grey lip was the wine red one so I might paint it. See how it looks first. Is pretty much stock except for a 320k speedo and coilovers. Mags too obviously, 17" Volk GT-U I believe. Last car was a 300zx twin turbo with just under 300kw. Great car but spun the tyres lots trying to get the power down, lots of fun though! Owned it for a long time but decided it was time for a change. Only pics I've got of the new one:

Cheers,

Matt

gtr1.jpg

gtr2.jpg

thats stunning! sounds similar to mine it was a grade 4 1993 model came over 4 months ago from japan

post-27156-1200919032_thumb.jpg