SAU Community

Weird Problem...

drifitz

Hey all,

I've had a really weird problem just happen to me.

My indicators in my car will not work when I go to indicate... My hazards work when i turn them on (All 4 at once), but when i got to turn a corner and indicate for instance, no sir, NOTHING happens at all. No noise, no lights, nothing !

I have had a look at my lights, they are fine and all work. I'm hoping its just a resistor or something like that, but I have no idea which one it would be or how to fix it, as all the writing is in Japanese !

If any of you could give me any help at all, it would be greatly appreciated !

p.s I did do a forum search and nothing came up..

Thanks.

R32 btw

Edited by drifitz

Had the same problem when I had my R33.

I had aftermarket front Indicators..and had to fiddle around with the wires that went into it, check the wires out and it should work

but check fuses, will take alot of time because there all in jap..but worth it..haha

first thing I thought was it was the stick that was fcuked..ended up just being some wires.

hopefully this helps some how...

yea either the indicator stalk or mabe the flasher unit (real name?) thingy you know the one that makes the noise when your indicating

i had one go on my work ute and no lights noise etc hazards still worked cause they were on a different flasher unit thingy

hope this helps

Could be the relay, Nissan decided with the R32 they would run the relay for the stalk through the hazzards

Would that affect my hazards? My hazards do work though... so im guessing its probably the stalk..

Would anyone know if getting the stalk fixed is a big job / expensive?

have you checked the flasher clicker thingy heaps cheaper than a new stalk other wise try remove your steering wheel and clean all the contacts on your stalk see what happens