SAU Community

Ipra Bsm Gtr For Sale

Roy

2nd in class at IPRA Aust Nats 2007 (6th Outright) Sister car to Championship winner. Comes with four spare rims and tyres Nothing to spend. Ready to race. MOTEC ECU and Dash.

$55,000.00 ONO AUD

Depending on what is actually in the thing with regards to engine internals, suspension and cage type, goes to show how expensive it is to build a car to a set of regulations :P

post-462-1200800303_thumb.jpg

post-462-1200800323_thumb.jpg

post-462-1200800341_thumb.jpg

It is a brilliant car, quickest improved production car you can get, and if you think it cost $55k to develop you are mad....way more than that has gone into the bits it isn't running any longer alone. Not to mention the prepping of the shell.

but I'm not sure it would be a great choice if you aren't running it in IP. For instance - I don't know for sure how much power it makes at full go, but it has 2x 27mm restrictors with cams, turbos and head work to suit that sort of very low peak airflow. Think under 300rwkw for sure (but plenty of early boost). If you take the restrictors off you would need to change a lot of that to more appropriate mods.

BTW the sister car holds the IP lap record at Wakefield, 1.06 - amazing considering the restrictors.

It is a brilliant car, quickest improved production car you can get, and if you think it cost $55k to develop you are mad....way more than that has gone into the bits it isn't running any longer alone. Not to mention the prepping of the shell.

Yeh thats my point. If they are selling it for 55k and one assumes you lose a bit of money on these sorts of cars when you sell them...like i said. Scary the dollars it requires to build a car to be competitive in a class of racing :)

this year's results

wakefield 0.0686 over lap record

1:06.0113 qualifying http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....08/2007.WAKE.Q4

1:06.4672 race http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....8/2007.WAKE.R13

lap record is 1:06.3986 so they got f**king close but not quite

eastern creek lap record

1:42.5294 race http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....09/2007.ARDC.R1

oran park lap record

1:15.5180 race http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....07/2007.ORAN.R7

so keeping in mind IP is one of the most (arguably the most) competitive classes in Aus and has been going for years. This car (or its sister car) set lap records at Oran Park and Eastern Creek (and within a bees dick at WP) and won the national championship.

Even more impressive as i hear the Yokos do not have the outright pace of the Dunlops and i imagine the thing makes a fair bit less then 300rwkws because of the restrictors. The thing must handle a dream and have corner speed to burn :D

well comparitively its OK because they are all running the yokos, but I would guess there is .5 - 1 second using re55s or DZ03.

this video is from the nationals showing how the GTR compared to the next fastest car - it shows where the strength is.....the rotor thingy behind has a fair bit more power and better brakes

well comparitively its OK because they are all running the yokos, but I would guess there is .5 - 1 second using re55s or DZ03.

Yeh, i appreciate that. I was just trying to get accross that the car would be quicker again if it ran the std tyre for Vic, RE55s or the Dunlops. Before they sell it they shoudl just rip the restrictor out and go for it....also Duncan, is it running Brembo and 324mm rotors

don't know mate I haven't seen it up close, and I'm not sure BSM would want me to learn too many tricks anyway (even if we don't run in the same class anymore) :D I would guess its not running the brembos but whatever the biggest thing you can get under 17s is (F50s?).

Also - I'm not sure it would go so well without the restrictors - they must have built it with a lot of compromises to allow for that including tiny turbos, small exhaust ports for quick boost etc etc etc.

But someone should really buy this, an amazing amount of time and money has gone into it....

Yes somebody should buy it!!

No wait, if you buy it I will no longer be able to drive it :D

BTW yes it has Brembos and weighs just over 1350.

The times listed for this car 1.07.40 at wakey and 1.45.0 at the creek were all done on older tyres. The number one car of Dave Loftus ( my team mate) always got the new tyres, and once he was finished using the green spot on them they would then get put on my car. I am telling you this so that you know there is certainly more time left in my car if you want to put new tyres on it.

It is impossible to get 300kw through 27mm restrictors!!

Edited by Bozman1

LOL Well it has Brembos on the rear and AP's on the front. Gee Duncan next you will be wanting to know what spring rates we are running as well. The brakes are big, 350mm from memory as the cars sit on 18x8 inch wheels.

The rule changed last year so that we can now run a 9 inch wheel. Loftys car will have 18x9 inch wheels for the first round this year.

Hi Chris

Not sure when the next day is planned but keep an eye out on the AUTOsports site :)

Edited by Bozman1