SAU Community

Newbie With 3 White Nissans Saying Hi

llama_au

Hi all :)

I have finally decided to introduce myself as I've just purchased another Skyline, however this one was more worthy of signing up with :D

My name is Juliette and I live in Croydon, VIC. To say I'm obsessed with cars would be an understatement.

After the write-off of my beloved Grey R31 Skyline S2 Ti Sedan last year, and subsequently buying and relying on a nugget of a White R31 Skyline S3 Executive Sedan (which I'll still unfortunately have for a few more months at least) I decided I needed something a bit nicer for times when my N15 Pulsar is off the road, and for daily duties such as driving to work.

This is my recently purchased Pearl White R34 Skyline GT-T:

66.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

75.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

86.jpg

54.jpg

52.jpg

45.jpg

65.jpg

It is currently sitting on the docks in Kobe, Japan while everything is being finalised. All going well, I should have it complianced and on the road in the next couple of months. I have ~90x hi-res 5.0mb photos of it, so I'm quite across the car already.

It is an auction grade 4; the paint is above average for the age of the car, it'll just need a minor crack in one side skirt fixed and two small indentations were the spoiler was removed and the holes welded fixed - and only because I am fussy. It'll get a good professional polish and the engine bay steam cleaned (this is one area that is filthy.) The interior is immaculate, barely 1 or two marks anywhere. It has just passed 100,000km and has had it's major service with the timing belt changed. I love the wheels and factory bodykit, so they'll stay. It also has a 3" exhaust, turbo timer and DVD player with navigation (unsure if this will work in Australia, maybe someone can shed some light?) It appears to be slightly lowered but I'm not sure. Otherwise, it is completely stock and appears to be in well above average condition for a 10-year old car. I picked it up for a very good price.

So Skyline number 3 makes it three white 4-door Nissans that I own, my partner also owns a white S15. We are a white Nissan family haha :D

Here are a couple of photos of my other cars (the specs are linked to above):

My N15, my pride and joy:

2397_01.jpg

side_day.jpg

2397_06.jpg

My old R31, RIP:

IMG_0870.jpg

skyline2.jpg

skyline3.jpg

My current nugget R31:

P5220001.jpg

P5220003.jpg

I look forward to hanging around.

Oh, and I need to borrow a stock R34 Sedan exhaust in VIC if anyone can help :P

Edited by llama_au

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good to have another overly obsessed car fanatic on the forum.... so im guessing you sleep out the front of ur car in a sleeping bag to make sure no one steals it too ??? :ermm: jokes. nice panda pulsar wouldnt mind an engine bay shot tho!!!!

congrats on the new purchase of ur 34. never seen those rims on a 34... they look better on a BNR32:p

enjoy your time on SAU. alotta keyboard warriors but also a lotta real fanatics that really have alot of knowledge to share!

safe boostin!

jenkies

Cheers Jenkies. The rims are definitely staying, they're hawt :ermm:

Here's an outdated shot of the engine bay of the Pulsar:

PB130087.jpg

And this is why it's currently in the workshop:

P1230003.jpg

Disco Potato (GT28RS) with .64 housing, CES split dump pipe, CES Metal Substrate cat, 740cc Nismo injectors, a re-tune and Nismo long wheel studs all getting installed.

Full specs are here but they're changing soon with the addition of the above mods:

http://members.pulsar.org.au/profiledisplay.php?ID=2397

Torque steer is just a fact of life in a FWD, if you're prepared for it you can control it. If someone was to jump into my car and floor it, they probably would get the fright of their life and end up making close acquaintance with the nearest car/traffic light :lol:

Actually, it's bad but it's not terrible. I have a VLSD and coilovers so they help a little. It's awesome fun to drive, I'm aiming for 180-200fwkw and mid-12's :ermm: Hence buying the R34 as the comfortable cruiser, the N15 is my project/track/drag/weekend warrior.

:ermm: if ur 34 was manual.... once u drove it we both know that it would become your track/drag/competition car:P even as an auto it should still fly! = pulsar becoming daily hahahah

GTI-R rear wheel drive setup and gearbox in pulsar??? just a thought it was done here in adelaide to a sedan.

The Pulsar isn't comfortable enough for a daily. It's impractical, loud and obnoxious. I know it's a little backwards but the Pulsar is the occasional fun car, the R34 will be comfortable and more reliable. Hence I'll leave it mostly stock and just enjoy it for what it is.

And no to AWD'ing the Pulsar. There's 3 AWD N14's in SA I that I know of (N14 shells with a GTi-R RNN14 chassis and drivetrain.) One's currently for sale.

It wasn't done to an N15 in SA. An RNN14 chassis with an N15 shell wouldn't work. I know of the project you're referring to though. A wrecker imported a 1.5L AWD Diesel N15 with the hopes of transplanting the driveline into an ADM Pulsar. They gave up on the idea as the drivetrain was weak as butter...it was designed for a 1.5L Diesel after all. You could have never road registered it either :ermm:

FWD is fun though.

I have the best of both worlds. A FWD and a RWD.

i really like the 34 but whats the deal with the pulsar? i don't understand it

its none of my business and i know everyone likes different things but still i don't see how you can prefer a riced up pulsar to a sports inspired skyline.

i really like the 34 but whats the deal with the pulsar? i don't understand it

its none of my business and i know everyone likes different things but still i don't see how you can prefer a riced up pulsar to a sports inspired skyline.

Like you said, each to their own. I wouldn't expect people to like the N15 more than the R34, this is a Skyline forum after all :ermm:

The N15 was my first car, and I'm extremely attached to it. I bought it stock and poured a lot of time, money and effort into in over the past 5 years.

The Pulsar is one of a kind, there's no other SR20DET Auto Pulsars in the country. I could also count the number of SR20DET N15 Sedans in the country on both hands. It's unique, even if it's no-one else's cup of tea.

It's quick, it handles well and I'm happy with how it looks. There's nothing ricey about it when it'll be running 7 seconds faster down the quarter mile than it did stock. The R34 could never be 7 seconds faster than it is now :P

Like you said, each to their own. I wouldn't expect people to like the N15 more than the R34, this is a Skyline forum after all :ermm:

The N15 was my first car, and I'm extremely attached to it. I bought it stock and poured a lot of time, money and effort into in over the past 5 years.

okay thats fair enough....

The Pulsar is one of a kind, there's no other SR20DET Auto Pulsars in the country. I could also count the number of SR20DET N15 Sedans in the country on both hands. It's unique, even if it's no-one else's cup of tea.

there is a very good reason why you have the only one.

It's quick, it handles well and I'm happy with how it looks. There's nothing ricey about it when it'll be running 7 seconds faster down the quarter mile than it did stock. The R34 could never be 7 seconds faster than it is now :P

my interpretation of rice is trying to make something it is not.

FWD is fun though.

I have the best of both worlds. A FWD and a RWD.

hehehe i know what u mean my first car was an ET pulsar... fairly stable for the hills for what it was and how old it was.

r34gtt are very stylish and i can see why you would keep one stockish for your daily.... comfortable ride with a bit of sportyness(dont think its a word) but naa good on you and hopefully run into you on the forums again. as for your pulsar... mod the shit thru it and get some records :ermm:

as for now im off for aust day celebrations!!

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!! have a good night/long weekend!!

• 3 weeks later...

haha yeah, go the '31's. My grey girl was immaculate, I really wish I still had her. So comfy and lounge-like, you could fall alseep very easily driving it :thanks: It had the most awesome 80's pimp blue interior and buttons galore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got to drive it for a whole 2km to my house today. It was lovely for those two km's though. And called RACV to replace the battery, it didn't even have enough charge to make the starter motor click. All replaced and running, pity I can't drive it until mid next week, except to put fuel in it and wash it tomorrow :D Booked in for the rego inspection on Wednesday, compliance went well - just took a little longer than I expected.

First impressions; the driver's area is smaller than the Pulsar and it has interesting viewing angles...I'll need to get used to them. It beeps in reverse...hehe. The DVD screen comes out every time you turn on the ignition and all the manuals are in Japanese...grrrr. They left the flare in the car...yay :D I didn't find anything else of interest. The engine bay is so filthy you can't even see that the car is white underneath all of that. It otherwise looks very neat and has little Japanese service stickers stuck to random parts in the engine bay. The interior is absolutely immaculate, the boot looks like it's never carried anything in it's life. The only things I'm disappointed about are the some panels on the rear end aren't even close to the stock colour. It appears that the tail lights, bootlid, rear pods and rear bar have all been sprayed independently and none even match each other let alone the rest of the car. That annoys me so I'll probably fix it. I have to respray the bootlid anyway to get rid of two rust bubbles where the spoiler holes were welded. The rear pods are also falling off...but I knew that.

It just has effortless power and you don't even feel the Auto change gears. I heart it so much :blink:

Firstly...I must start these pictures off by excusing how dirty the car is. I'm imagining it's around 1 years accumulated dust, salt, etc. The wheels and exhaust on it are the compliance items, they're not staying.

P4040002.jpg

P4040003.jpg

P4040008.jpg

P4040009.jpg

Sick carbon fibre pillar stickers (hmmm :P) and uber-dark tints...with a comparison to the fronts:

P4040012.jpg

Proof of how dirty it is:

P4040004.jpg

P4040006.jpg

P4040005.jpg