SAU Community

Are Roll Cages Being Banned In Street Cars In Qld?

Hi all,

I have heard that a new rulling has been passed that may well make roll cages illegal in street registered vehicles. The guy that told me this is an engineer that actually does the approvals so its not bullshit. He needed to read some new paperwork aparently and I havent checked back with him yet.

The law MAY even be back dated so cars that have approved cages may have problems. Does anyone know anything about this?

The only way around this may be to get the vehicle approved under Individually Constructed Vehicle rules or hotrod rules.

I really hope this isnt the case because it certainly isnt going to keep very fast modified cars off the street, its just going to make the very fast modified street cars more unsafe.

Cheers,

Ian

Hey dude. :D

To tell the truth i dont know. but if thats happening to QLD will also effect other states quickly? i.e WA?

ive seen so many street imports on the roads with rollcage's and i know they want be happy to hear

something like this. :(

joosteN^

I spoke with my engineer again today and he is going to try call Brisbane head office for QLD transport again soon about this and other rule changes. But aparently for the moment they may still be legal.

The problem has come about due to some new idea about standardising all the laws and regulations accross all states. WA and SA will be really pissed off no doubt, as their rules are the most relaxed in australia. I think an un-armed NOS system can be installed in street cars out there, where as in QLD if they find a solenoid or nosel your screwed.

Does anyone else know anything about whats happening?

Edited by Vspec R33