SAU Community

Fs - R32 Gtr (brisbane) 5k.

Item: R32 Skyline GT-R with blown engine

Year: 1990 Model

Condition: Knock In Engine & Panel damage

Price: $5000 ONO

Comments:

Car just recently came over from Japan, unfortunately with my luck it has a knock in the engine and will now not start. The car also has no front bar and front seats.

The car is straight and underbody shots can be provided. Its all in good order, just needs funds to finish it. Not interested in parting it out, might be interested in swaps depending.

Excellent project car, suitable for track/drift or even for parts, would also not pass compliancing as there is a major dent on the rear quarter.

Thanks. 0406162343.

post-12391-1200964093_thumb.jpg

post-12391-1200964111_thumb.jpg

post-12391-1200964133_thumb.jpg

post-12391-1200964160_thumb.jpg

post-12391-1200964189_thumb.jpg

Edited by chris2five

If I have my sums correct....

1) Engine rebuild - circa $6500

2) Compliance - circa $3500

3) Front bar and seats - circa $750

4) Bodywork and spray - circa $4000

5) Miscellaneous (stereo, gear shift knob, pedals, that's just what I see) - $750

That's $15000. Given that this would then be about a $20K car, suggests car is worth $5K at most. When I say at most, there is obviously no guarantee that the other mechanicals are OK as well, nor any guarantee that the car actually will pass compliance (especially if the complier sees this post!!).

I'll offer a genuine and immediate $3500. If others don't agree, by all means, they have every opportunity to offer more.

I suspect you would be much better off wrecking the car, despite your wishes to the contrary....

cheers,

J

let me know if you want to sell your cat back exhaust system and what kind of exhaust system is it, let me know if you do and i can giv you a nismo exhaust to suit your gtr, let me know mate if you wish to sell parts,

cheers mate and gl wid da sale if you dont wish to apart

what happened to the I/C? how come you bought the car without seats/ front bar etc? was the car partially stripped in japan? Dash alignment looks kinda odd to me...

do you have all the correct paperwork?

The car didnt come with seats etc... I didnt pay top dollar for it, so I didnt expect the world.

dash alignment? what does that suppose to mean..

and i said I have all the paperwork so yes I will say it again, yes..

PM's replied.

I swear why are there so many haters I am just trying to sell a car and I have tried to list as much info as possible.

The car didnt come with seats etc... I didnt pay top dollar for it, so I didnt expect the world.

dash alignment? what does that suppose to mean..

and i said I have all the paperwork so yes I will say it again, yes..

PM's replied.

I swear why are there so many haters I am just trying to sell a car and I have tried to list as much info as possible.

Hi Chris,

Not sure what the flavour of PM's you've been getting has been, but I think some member's commentary and questioning is legit. I like to think mine has been - so I don't regard myself as a hater. However, put simply, anyone with even half a brain wanting to purchase this (or similar) vehicle would (or should!) ask such questions, and I would have to say that perhaps you didn't list all the information possible. That said, let's move forwards from here, for it is still an R is it not, and therefore worth something. Mine was a serious offer and - to be honest - I am not sure how much more you think it will go for (although i appreciate you may not be happy with the price I am offering). I believe someone else has also offered - hopefully this was more, but if so - at what stage do you consider this to be worth, or not worth it?

Free bump anyway - and GL with the sale - it's a worthwhile project for someone!

• 1 month later...

...don't know of too many mechanics who - at circa $80 per hour - won't want less than $1200-1500 for an engine in/out job. Then you have to find a replacement engine (including freight) for $2K - given most people with rooted RB26DETTs are still silly enough to think that they're worth that - no way you're gonna get a good one for $2K at your door.

(costs for service and tune ?????)

front bar can be sourced, fitted and painted for $800 for sure....but not the rest of the car. And given the reference to the large dent in the rear 1/4, no way you'll fix and spray the car for a 1/4 of that....but hey, if you only want it for track work....front bar will do fine.

I guess then we're forgetting track work is a b*tch when there is no seat (not to mention luxuries like a gearshift, etc) - but even more difficult unless you have a car and a trailer to tow it with - after all, it can't be street registered, only a track car. But you still have to get it into your name....so how do you take legal title (where stamp duty is payable)...I ain't too sure on this myself. In fact - can anyone answer this for me - how can one take legal title of this without registering? I guess it must be sold as some sort of 'asset' but not as a car. This just does my head in....

At the asking of $6500 plus your numbers plus tweaking for reality I'd still get closer to $13K. With ALL the compromises. Unless of course the asking price is reduced, which is why....

PM SENT!

haha yeah sure. mate I'm telling you from far more experience in these things, that you and the undercut crew, who think it's possible to undershoot on prices when restoring cars, if only you had any idea on the costs that start to mount up. your chair at $40 is likely to be filth, but if you actually want to find these sorts of parts, get em to your door, get em fitted (etc etc) such as the engine for $3500 (lol at that one) then i'm telling you no way.

or perhaps you should buy it. get a killer track car for $9k. I think I'd be paying $13K. but I'm happy to buy if the price is negotiable. stop telling people what a bargain it is - and prove it to us - just buy the thing! Oh, wait, that's one of those other complexities when selling a car...finding someone who lives less than 3000 klms away, who not only says that they want to buy it (this forum is riddled with such grandiose statements) but has the means and intent to buy it....and all the other little ducks in a row.

for someone from WA you seemingly have an avid interest in this car - so far as to say you should contemplate buying it, prepping it and on-selling it. could be a killer investment.

it is what it is, ok?

a great car which can't be complied or registered. needs a very expensive engine fitted. needs bodywork. needs trim. needs one heck of a lot of TLC. but it has potential. the seller PM'd me yesterday, to which I have replied, so I'll await his feedback. I'm not trying to knock his thread, but every time someone such as yourself posts details which I think may be misleading to other forum members who do not know the finer details, I feel strangely compelled to respond and help illuminate the situation. may be better you don't post any more budgeting info, as it doesn't help chris sell his car. focus on it's potential, but don't gloss over the prices, especially to the detriment of others.

peace guys...