SAU Community

I was under the impression there was 1 earth cable from the battery to the block, with a connection in the middle to join to the bodywork.

If this cable is rusty/detiorating then it will make starting harder and could cause problems with other parts of the electrical system.

theres one thick one next to the drivers side engine mount

then on the turbo side there is a smaller wire which goes from turbo to chassis.

one on the gearbox too if i recall. However most people ditch these the minute they first change the clutch or the box comes out..doesnt seem to affect much at all.

Just replace the thick strap from the motor to the chassis, and where it bolts to the chassis it should also have a equal sized wiring going to the earth on the battery.

Yeah it's generally one cable from the battery to the motor, and it has a lug crimped on the middle of it to attach to the chassis. Just measure it up and find a suitable replacement from supercheap/autobarn. Or if you have access or know someone who does, you can make your own cable using welder's flex :(

Not to mention it's extremely flexible and all the stuff I've seen is double insulated, not that double insulated really matters for earth/ground wires, but it good for things like battery relocation (not that you really need to do that in a cefiro... but you get the point)