SAU Community

Top Gear Speed Lap...

Tomek

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that car??.....top 5 for sure man......fulli hektiknez just overwhelms all other competitors.

ahahah nah man, i meant the gtr......

but sure, for the hektik bros out there teh vl might even hit the top 3

Well into the top 10, being 4wd and basically purpose built it will flog em on the track....also the straight they use isn't huge so terminal speed shouldnt come into it. Its a stretch but it may well top the table... as stated purpose built 4wd it will be right at home.

lol

We'll see....... >_< at the peeps talking about "keeping it in it's usable power band" ect.. you'd think it's a big single turbo r32 we were discussing.. Intead of a 3.8 v6 twin tubo with an almost linear power delivery, the cars not a pig on the track regardless of track size as it's testing has already shown. Could be something to do with the design brief to build a car with "supercar stats" instead of a GT production racer. The r35 is a few generations more advanced than all previous gtr's and is also in a different class.

it may well top the table...

you really think its gonna top 460+ KW @ 1280 kg? Sure the GTR may be in another class, but it aint even playing the same sport compared to the A10 son.

Lol you must old calling me son...Lad >_<

Nah I doubt it... it was a throw line away as if to say I wouldn't be suprised where it came.

The a10 does have it on power to weight and although it's distibution of weight is near perfect....but it's still a 460kw RWD which makes it a bit of a handful on tightish tracks without a huge straight. The stig will be able to wring the life out of the GTR without much care, the car won't dissappear in a cloud of smoke. It'll be interesting to see.

Edited by madbung

The response of the new R35 GTR on a very tight 'driver training' track was insane, looked absolutely balanced. I think you can forget it's going to have any problems.I talked to the guy pedaling it and he said it felt incredible and had balance unlike any car he had ever driven, including much smaller worked over evo's, the car is just planted to the road.

I'm thinking between the Z06 and the Ascari.

If anything, the GTR MAY come close to matching the time of the LP640; but i still find it difficult to see how it will beat the time of anything faster than that. Those cars might be RWD, but they weren't exactly struggling for traction when driven by the Stig (if i remember correctly).

being such a small track i dont think that outright power and top speed r going to come into it, i dont think it will make the top 10 maybe top 15 but there are some awesome cars on that list like ther koeniggseg (or whatever) which r tiny and seriously fly.