SAU Community

Project R35 Gtr Targa Preparation - Progress Pics

Just Jap Racing

From the reviews i've read, the GT2 has apparently 'lost it's sole' because it dosn't try and kill you anymore. But still i'd rather be in a GT-R in the wet. And Richards is probably faster in the wet than most of us in the dry.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all must be retarded. Who the hell whinges about it's colour?? We may not like your boring white, grey and black skylines..... At least this one is going to stand out. Donut King's brand is pink.... You see the bright pink race cars and you think "Hey that's Donut King!!" which si the whole point of running/sponsoring race teams... To get your brand out there....

I think it's fantastic!! Good luck with the car guys!!

Steve....um....do you need a driver for the targa? I have driven in fwd 26 year old cars that demand a lot of attention on the road...so i think im perfect for the 35gtr :rolleyes:

I will even give up my beagle and my parents to drive that car in the targa - oh and there shoudl be donuts inside too :D

wouldn't be any performance changes if it was my brand new, undeveloped race car lol I'd be happy just to get it to the end without breaking something :ermm: bigger exhaust and ecu without a speed cut would be it for me.

Saw the car today, the interior has been stripped for the cage, it looks great and should be ready well before targa at this rate.

putting the cage in will be interesting, especially at the b pillar - there is a lot of factory bracing that is in the way of normal cage mounting points

wouldn't be any performance changes if it was my brand new, undeveloped race car lol I'd be happy just to get it to the end without breaking something ;) bigger exhaust and ecu without a speed cut would be it for me.

Saw the car today, the interior has been stripped for the cage, it looks great and should be ready well before targa at this rate.

putting the cage in will be interesting, especially at the b pillar - there is a lot of factory bracing that is in the way of normal cage mounting points

One is a no brainer the ECU must be modified to remove the speed limiter.

Please dont take offence to this, its nothing personal but those pics make me sad. ;)

To think the car came from a multi-million dollar state of the art assembly line, worked on by highly trained people only a few weeks prior

to this...

paint1.jpg

Will be good to see it at the Targa but just wished it was worked on in a workshop/paintshop more like the race teams.

Again, no offence just stating an opinion.. Goodluck in the Targa.

Edited by N/A®

Maybe Im used to the setup in JP these days.

Maybe some of the guys who have been here and seen the usual setup of workshops will agree with me.

Considering how much the car is, what your outlook is about the car, dont you think for it to be taken apart in what looks like a shed, a little sad??

Im not saying that paintshop or JustJap is somehow cheap, just kinda an unfitting end/renewal to a car hardly 1,000kms old.

I mean just look at whats holding this 'GOD' of Nissan... a freakin old wooden block...

Anyway, no need to agree with me. Just think about it..

Edited by N/A®

i really dont see your point! that paint shop produces very good paint work!

and it's being prepared as a race car!

it's a paint shop! and the guys were kind enough to shows us the progress of the car!

heaven forbid ever seeing someone in japan use a block of wood for anything,

tsukuba in december

post-17546-1201360934_thumb.jpg

nismo,s 350 z racer ( i think thats the president of Tomei in the background)

post-17546-1201361324_thumb.jpg

well this is not a block of wood but a dirty old bit of steel pipe holding this racer from rolling away,

post-17546-1201361598_thumb.jpg

Ive seen some great paint-jobs done on cars that were housed in sheds.

Sure TS's smokey's workshop, for example, isn't the cleanest but we all know the quality that comes from the Top-secret garage.

I worked at a place in my teens as an apprentice and in my first year it was my job primarily to make sure the floor and the workshop were spic and span whenever, wherever. That was my boss' BMW ethos and i respected him for it...but that was him.

Theres no reason why other workshops will do a lesser job because of a dirtier floor!

lol, i still remember exhausting myself trying to hammer out the screwed rear suspension arm bushes on a 7 series saloon when the "boss" comes up with a blow torch to show me and another apprentice how its supposed to be done...

Ive also seen F1 cars being put together in rooms resembling surgery prep....

stunningly clean.

Regardless, I reckon with a crash repairer with a name like " ADAMS" crash is a sure fire winner if you ask me!, lol//

Edited by m3gtr

yeah Targa will be televised, not sure which channel - there is a Targa 2008 thread in the motorsport section which will be a good place for updates when the event starts. Kel is heading down to navigate again this year and there are probably 5-6 other cars who have people on the forums, mostly gtrs.