SAU Community

Project R35 Gtr Targa Preparation - Progress Pics

Just Jap Racing

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty cool. it is probably the first of very close to the first car outside of nissan/nismo to get the full strip and cage treatment. it should be awesome fun to punt around and I bet the guys can't wait to get down to tassie. :(

R35 at 1800kilos for Targa in M1 class. Lets see thats like a GT3RS with an EXTRA 5 passengers on board or like a GT2 with an EXTRA 3 passengers. Or like an EVO IX with an extra 4 passengers.

R35 is a great car and a fantastic track day weapon BUT the greatest enemy of an endurance event is weight. Better pray for rain guys !!!!!! Also remember 2005 ,many many all wheel drive cars came off in the wet. Or 2006 when the all wheel drive cars all ran out of rubber with a dry rally and none of them weighed anyware near 1800ks.

I will put my money on a dry rally and a Richards 997 GT2 or a Glenny driven EVO.

If Steve Jones was in the WA black R35 as he will be in Targa West I would place him easily in the top 10 But not this year in TT we will have to wait till next year.

Lets look forward to a safe enjoyable TT.

Just read an article of an independant test of the new GT2 in the wet, absolutely awesome, and also a 7.32 at the ring. As the mag says, the Gt2 requires skill and aptitude to drive it hard BUt with the GTR R35 all you need is somebody in the drivers seat.

Its going to be Richo for 08 without a doubt.

Still , you can have 3 x R35s for the price of a GT2 !!!!

Yep I agree :cheers:

Only because the privateer "Tony Sullens" isn't going back this year to beat him again :)

Glenney will give them a run though I think...

I still think don't underestimate the GTR too soon, it seems to be defying the laws of physics in all the road tests carried out, maybe not this year its still too new yet.

Glenney will give them a run though I think...

I still think don't underestimate the GTR too soon, it seems to be defying the laws of physics in all the road tests carried out, maybe not this year its still too new yet.

Yeah i think it's going to surprise alot of people who have been kept relatively in the dark about the cars capabilities. I'm sure after this year alot of people will be looking at raceing in one themselves. I was talking to tony the other week saying i saw one on the net for just over 100k and said he shoudl buy it lol (only to be race registered) and he said it's a great price for such a fast car, and that alot of people will probably consider getting one.

Targa is going to be very interesting this year =) but i'm even more excited for next :P

Saw the pink Donut King Skylines at Oran Park today :P - R32 and R35!!! Hand timed the R35 at 1:20 (GP) but there was a bit of traffic and I gather they were trying out their Targa set-ups.

Looks pretty mega in the flesh.

I WANT ONE!!!w00t.gif

Yeah i think it's going to surprise alot of people who have been kept relatively in the dark about the cars capabilities. I'm sure after this year alot of people will be looking at raceing in one themselves. I was talking to tony the other week saying i saw one on the net for just over 100k and said he shoudl buy it lol (only to be race registered) and he said it's a great price for such a fast car, and that alot of people will probably consider getting one.

Targa is going to be very interesting this year =) but i'm even more excited for next :P

Do tell!!!

I think the biggest killer for Tony will be tyres, not able to run on the Dunlop DZ03's he has previously run on, cos they just don't make em in that size!

Do tell!!!

I think the biggest killer for Tony will be tyres, not able to run on the Dunlop DZ03's he has previously run on, cos they just don't make em in that size!

HAHAHA no theres nothing to tell, i've been talking GTR's up to him for years, he likes them, but he loves his Subaru's :D we were just talking about the new GTR and what you get for your buck. Thats why i think targa will be so much more interesting next year, becuase this year will put the GTR on the radar for alot of people who can afford a car practically ready to race.

But if anyone has a spare R35 they want to see win targa :ermm: let me know and i'll put you in contact with him lol. That way he'll beat richards for the 3rd time (in a row) and show richards he needs to get his but back in a gtr :/