SAU Community

Rescheduled - Soccer Game

Hi Guys and Gals

I know Michele has mentioned a few times at the museum that we should get together and have a social soccer game and there has been some interest.

Well.....how about this for an idea.

On Saturday or Sunday afternoon/night (6pmish) we all go down to Pine Island for a game and BBQ dinner. I'm thinking some time in Feb. (probably early Feb.) as its still summer, but not as hot as Jan. and there is still 2 or so hours of light after 6pm.

Also, maybe we could turn it into a fund raiser for the banner???

so whos interested????

I just come up with the ideas....you guys and gals can work out a date, day and what is the best time.

Edited by SteadyEddie

where are you going?

well I'm in :) dunno about the soccer but I'd watch lol.. exercise doesnt agree with me ;)

if you want to do it as a fundraiser perhaps you could organise a sausage sizzle and charge $5 or something?

I know I'd rather do that than buy my own stuff to bring and cook.

where are you going?

well I'm in :) dunno about the soccer but I'd watch lol.. exercise doesnt agree with me ;)

if you want to do it as a fundraiser perhaps you could organise a sausage sizzle and charge $5 or something?

I know I'd rather do that than buy my own stuff to bring and cook.

I was thinking something like that too Shell, but the biggest problem is setting prices, etc.

And, can you see me playing Soccer!!! :) - I dont think so - so there will be a atleast two of us watching!!!

OK...how about this...

Date: Saturday 23rd February

I'll organise the eats and we will ask for a donation (dont think you can sell without a permit!!)

time: 6pm

Place: Pine Island

Have a social game of soccer, build up an appetite, and then BBQ dinner.

I think we should keep it simple. Just drinks and sauages, maybe salad....if we start trying to get too fancy costs will get out of hand, and also you cant please everyone (plus it will take weeks to work out what everyone wants, diets, etc)

The area I'm thinking about has two gas BBQ, two large tables, and a shaded area - there is also an open area just near it to play soocer.

I'd like a hand maybe from a few people to buy the stuff...only say that to help spread the cost of everything. Also, who's cooking? anyone putting their hand up??

Family and friends most welcome - the more the merrier. If people have specific diets, they can bring their own stuff to cook, but remember we are trying to raise funds for the banner (and other stuff I guess) so bring ya money to make those donations!!! ;)

just a suggestion for the location.. how about the new place at the airport, they have a perfect size soccer field (lucious grass which is maintained)with 2 goals and nets, and a good BBQ area on the side + seats and all.. i think its called brindabella park..