SAU Community

Any One Know Who Has Compliance For Early Gtr

i was wondering if anyone knows on anyone that has compliance for early *(89/90) GTR R32 i have looked at the raws site found guys that do R32 but it does not say if *(89/90 models or (93/94)

any info would be great dont really want to call them all in australia

wills

according to the SEVS list you can comply 01/1989 to 06/1992 and 06/1991 to 1994 models.

however most RAWS have used Series 2 (post august 1991) R32's in their evidence package, so their compliance procedures require you to have series 2 parts in your car, like for example the S2 doors have factory side intrusion bars. You might find that a compliancer is willing to comply a S1 R32 GTR as long as you can provide the necessary S2 parts to comply it.

yep, you will find pretty much anyone is willing to comply an 89 model GTR for you as long as you can either supply or are willing to buy late model doors with factory intrusion bars (cannot use aftermarket bars).

Actually if you call around you will find more than one workshop that has evidence which allows them to fit aftermarket side intrusion bars to the early model R32's ... don't go paying huge $$ for series 2 doors and fiiting/painting when you can have bars fitted to your doors for around $250 each side (around $500 all up), but either way make sure you use a good workshop with a good reputation not just a fancy glossy website!

No workshop can use aftermarket intrusion bars for compliance, must be factory fitted. [our engineer's tried]

You have two options, buy a set of doors with factory side intrusion bars (obviously off a later model r32),

or borrow some for compliance and get aftermarket side intrusion bars fitted for roadworthy.

We have some doors we can lend you for compliance, no problem.

We can also do the aftermarket ones for $500 (whole set, $250 per side)

Compliance costs $2500.

cheers,

david @ carizma

thanks for the replys i will look more into it the few i have asked wont do it

anyway will make some more calls

thanks again