SAU Community

Just got a KEAS shift kit installed in my R33 auto. Gear changes are lightning fast and it cherp's second no worries. Shifting from 1st to 2nd can be harsh at low speed but overall impressive. What i want to know is, are these shift kits safe or will my auto box terminate in the near future? I could not imagine a transmission company like KEAS making these shifters for auto transmissions if they were a ticking time bomb.

Overall very impressive.

• 4 weeks later...

$385 for the unit. Takes about 2 hr to do. Box has lasted so far 3 weeks! still going strong. I think i will get myself a big trans cooler, they are cheep as.

Any one know a good size cooler to get?

Pipe size? and where is the best place to install it?

i mounted mine just behind the front bar infront of the drivers side front wheel.

get as big as you can fit.i got a V8 size one.but there is bigger still.

Just get the same size line as the outlets on the cooler,it will say it on the box.

• 1 month later...
Just got a KEAS shift kit installed in my R33 auto. Gear changes are lightning fast and it cherp's second no worries. Shifting from 1st to 2nd can be harsh at low speed but overall impressive. What i want to know is, are these shift kits safe or will my auto box terminate in the near future? I could not imagine a transmission company like KEAS making these shifters for auto transmissions if they were a ticking time bomb.

Overall very impressive.

hey man

my name is nathan. i am planning of building a burnout car, using a vl commodore body and bolting a rb25det engine into it. i dont want to run a manual bearbox, as i was thinkin about using a r33 gts-t auto trans box, torque converter and flexplate. what are the auto trans boxes like? do you know of anybody that does tricking up of the autotrans boxes so they can take a bit of a thrashing for doing burnouts? please let me know dude. very much appreciated. cheers

nathan.

far as i know, less heat is generated from autos with shift kits due to less slippage on clutches in them, therefore less heat. its the diff you have to worry about. all the hard shifting is not good for them.

hey everyone do you know if these shift kits are available in the US or if anyone of the shops over there would be willing to ship one to teh states if so email me [email protected] thanks a million im not sure but i think i have a 4 speed auto early series 2 like a 95 ecr33 with series 2 motor

ive had my shift kit from mike at mv automatics for like 9months maybe a year and it has been fine i always check fluid in auto to see if it was burning but its still a nice red color

spun me out the first time i got back in the car from mike take off and changes gear alot more solid fills good when you give a little test and chirps my 19 no worries but be careful in the wet he will say i can vouch for that.

get it and see what a real auto feels like. :P

hasnt screwed my box or diff yet

• 3 years later...

hey everyone do you know if these shift kits are available in the US or if anyone of the shops over there would be willing to ship one to teh states if so email me [email protected] thanks a million im not sure but i think i have a 4 speed auto early series 2 like a 95 ecr33 with series 2 motor

Mike ships all over the world:

MV Automatics

1 Stirling Rd, Blackwood, SA 5051

p: (08) 83700430

Hey im looking at getting a shift kit around the ipswich brisbane toowoomba area, and whats involved in installing these kits or alternativly what businesses would install them and does anyone have a rough estimate on price? (wow thats alot of questions :P)

• 5 months later...

i have one of these kits, gearbox lasted me about 3 years, now the clutches in the 3/4 drum are gone and up for over 2k worth of repairs. so it does take its toll on the car, it was making 225rwkw, and rebuilt it and made 255rwkw and started to slip on the dyno.