SAU Community

Evo Brembos On A R32 Gtr

Ive searched the forum and have noted that 3 people have done this conversion.

This would be worthwhile as the front EVO brembo is larger than a GTR Brembo.

The rear EVO brembo is identical to the rear GTR brembo. This kit fits under a 17 inch wheel and would take 325 to 345 mm rotors.

Also the full set of EVO front and rear callipers are easy to get for about $1200, but its hard to find usable GTR ones at that price.

So who has made up an adaptor to fit the EVO to the GTR, why go through the R and D again if someone knows the answer.

Help anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been able to find out what the piston size of the EVO Brembos are. Personally they are a better caliper as they have an external fluid line and generall newer. But still shitty lug mount and only take a 30mm thick rotor.

A friend and i are working on a budget GTR upgrade, im waiting for pricing back on the billet radial mount caliper that can run between 330-380mm rotors, 6 piston with stainless or alloy pistons as an option. He wants to run the GTR caliper, i am interested in trialling these calipers :)

But, yeh EVO calipers? Need to know what piston size they run, they could be like ht eolder 4 pot Porsche calipers and run smaller pistons which is kind of a step backwards.

(stupid email alerts aren't working for me... hence the late reply)

Front rotor diameter(mm): 320

Front rotor thickness(mm): 32

Piston diameters(mm): 46x2 + 40x2

Caliper piston area(sq. cm): 58.37

care to divulge some details on the budget setup are you working on?

Edited by _Wing_

Well the piston area is quite a bit bigger than the Nissan Brembos. 58cm2 as against 53. So expect some bias issues.

Just for amusement this is what the stockies look like at night. :whistling:

post-5134-1203297713_thumb.jpg

My god they are big damn pistons! And info on the rear calipers and the master cylinder size?

The kit i am pricing up is for S13/14/R32/R33/Z32, with a different bracket they should be good for R34 and S15 as well.

I am chasing two suppliers regarding the calipers, one being Kad 6 pots and the other being the Australian supplier of calipers to GM for cars like the C6 Corvette. The rotors will be 343mm for 17" wheels and 365mm for 18" and bigger.

red-gtype.jpg

15c3_1.JPG

Dollars should come in around $2100 for 343mm and $2400 for 365mm

i'm interested in this, however i'm going the other way.

EVO brembo's are a direct fit onto legnum vr4's, however i've got a set of R33 GTS-T callipers in my shed that i'd like to try first.

they cant be any worse than the 2 piston front/1 piston rear it currently has, and a lot cheaper for me than buying brembo's.

i know the evo brembo's have 130mm between the mounting hole centres, and the 33 callipers i have are 160mm, it's just the distance between the mounting lugs and the rotor slot that i havent measured yet.

I have done this setup on my r32 GTR..A very effective mod. Im running 324mm r34 gtr rotors up front and 320mm 350z rotors on the rear. Running evo7 calipers with Mintex race pads. Huge Huge improvement to the braking and looks mean!.

Im using CNC machined air-craft alloy brackets front and rear. It took me and my toolmaker a while to figure out how to mount the rear calipers strong and safely. I have the CNC drawings or I can get the brackets made up for you.

The front hubs need a slight trim where the factory brake line bolts to. and you will need to run new lines front and rear..I ran braided lines.

The rear hubs are tricky , need to machine a few mm off the inside hub. hard to explain ..but very trick on how they bolt up.

I took photos when i installed the calipers.. but they are on my desktop,ehich has packed a sad...should have it up and running in a few days..

Ask any questions you like as I know this was a long process for me so I dont mind helping out fellow gtr owners. :D

• 1 month later...

Ive just done this conversion today with a set of 2 piece 355mm rotors. The EVO9 Brembo I used took this size rotor very well and fit up fine with simple adaptors I made up in a few hours.

Im not sure about an bias issues as im running an in car bias adjustor which will obviously be set up at a latter date.

If anyone is thinking about the conversion id seriously recommend it. The brakes are so much cheaper than GTR brembos and the benifits outweight the slight cost of the adaptors

My god they are big damn pistons! And info on the rear calipers and the master cylinder size?

The kit i am pricing up is for S13/14/R32/R33/Z32, with a different bracket they should be good for R34 and S15 as well.

I am chasing two suppliers regarding the calipers, one being Kad 6 pots and the other being the Australian supplier of calipers to GM for cars like the C6 Corvette. The rotors will be 343mm for 17" wheels and 365mm for 18" and bigger.

red-gtype.jpg

15c3_1.JPG

Dollars should come in around $2100 for 343mm and $2400 for 365mm

How about the discs by themselves? 365mm

Ferrrari F50 brembo sized rotors.

From what I can see the EVO 9 callipers are basicly identical to the F50's. I have both. There are slight shape variances and the colour but piston surface area looks the same, takes the same pads and mounting lugs are visually the same as well.

I managed to pick up a whole set from and rear with OEM rotors and pads for under a grand so its seriously a bargain brake upgrade.

Add decent pads (I paid 200 bucks) and the rotors which I paid 650 bucks for and its still cheaper than R34 items

From what I can see the EVO 9 callipers are basicly identical to the F50's. I have both. There are slight shape variances and the colour but piston surface area looks the same, takes the same pads and mounting lugs are visually the same as well.

I managed to pick up a whole set from and rear with OEM rotors and pads for under a grand so its seriously a bargain brake upgrade.

Add decent pads (I paid 200 bucks) and the rotors which I paid 650 bucks for and its still cheaper than R34 items

Funny, i looked at them side by side and i would say they are similar, but wouldnt say basically identical. The piston size is the biggest difference; Also the width of the bridge is different meaning they wont accept the same sized rotors.

But they do have an external brake line, and are a snug fit over rotors. They are much improved over what Nissan are throwing on the GTRs.

N1GTR..yeh sure, but what thickness are you after?

those seem like really good prices... is that mates rates or legitimate dismantler prices?

for some reason STi and EVO brembos sell for alot cheaper than r33 and r34 gtr brembos.

i have seen complete set of evo brembos for sale on yahoo auction for $1000 + shipping but you would never get that for a set of gtr ones :D

G`day all theirs a R32GTR with evo brembos on it,at L&F i will see the lad`s may be thursday & see if i can get some photo`s,see what their have to say ,hope to put some bit`s on friday,cheer`s chuckie.

i'm interested if the setup fits under a decent--but-nothing-in-particular 17" rim?