SAU Community

Evo Brembos On A R32 Gtr

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-36964-1206935023_thumb.jpg G`day all just a few photo`s of R32GTR with evo calliper`s, cheer`s chuckie,post-36964-1206934910_thumb.jpgpost-36964-1206934808_thumb.jpgpost-36964-1206934284_thumb.jpgpost-36964-1206934184_thumb.jpg

LOL, they are Alcon Mono 6 calipers. I know Alan Heaphy has sold a few kits as a Ralliart option for some late model EVOs. The Ralliart asking oprice is scary, higher then what you can buy the Alcons for

• 2 months later...

Dont do it Dane :P Depending on what you are paying for the EVO calipers you can grab some nice calipers with the weak yen and US dollar at present. Hell i still have stuff layign around that may be of use to you

Haha :)

I'm contemplating some 6 pot Alcons and AP's at the moment, as well as a few other options which I can pickup second hand. The Evo brembo option is pretty enticing for the dollars, especially as you can pick up some front calipers for under $700... I'm contemplating the Evo brembo with a 355mm rotor under my 17's, or the Alcons on the same size rotor. I think the Alcons would be overkill, and require a bit of messing around with my master cylinder which is putting me off a bit.

I'm also considering this kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wilwood-SL4...sspagenameZWDVW which I've thought about for a while. It has larger pistons than the Evo's, are light, and cheap! Great value in comparison to a lot of others.

What have you got laying about Troy? I like your F40 kit, but I just don't have the dollars to outlay in one hit at the moment with all the other car expenses I've had. Bloody bottomless money pit... :P

• 1 month later...

Best I can offer is this:

The part number for a project mu rotor for an R33 front is SCRN006. It has a height of 53.8mm

For an Evo the part number is SCRM045 with a height of 44.2mm

So the Evo calliper appears to sit a little further out than the Nissan equivalent. Which may cause a problem.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys i've been offered a set of Evo 7 Brembos (whole set) for a very reasonable price, to go on my R32 GTR. What do I need to consider before trying to install them? Would they require any sort of modification or adapters to suit it? Is the stud pattern the same? Anything else I need to think about it?

Cheers!

Anyone know of any good workshops who would be able to fit these brakes and make up the adapters etc.?

I've tried a few places and they've more or less palmed me off, just want a rough estimate of how much they'll be to fit before I buy them. Cheers!

Anyone know of any good workshops who would be able to fit these brakes and make up the adapters etc.?

I've tried a few places and they've more or less palmed me off, just want a rough estimate of how much they'll be to fit before I buy them. Cheers!

Autosports in Kirrawee. :D

Autosports in Kirrawee. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that mate, they've done it a few times and for a good price as well, everywhere else was more than double of what they're asking. They haven't done the rears before though, would they be a big upgrade over the standard rear calipers?

• 1 month later...