SAU Community

Whats My Car Worth?

So much to write about my car, but comes down to the fact that i think it might be time to go, looking into some sort of convertible, either porsche boxster or beema.

anyway hoepfully people can give me some rough prices on what theyd be willing to pay if they were looking for a r34 gtt.

specs (most likely missed a shitload of stuff but people will get the hint) also apologies if everything is jumbled up im just typing as i think of specs.

2000 r34 gtt

original bomex body kit (not sure about the rear bar, might be from a gtr or similar)

work 17" rims (not sure which ones exactly)

kei office coilover suspension

lsd diff ( id say 1.5 way but not entirely sure)

pod

power fc

ebc (greddy)

greddy fmic

4 defi gauges

recaro bucket seat

injectors

fuel pump

oil catch can

hks bov

trust oil cooler

nismo led taillights

twin plate clutch

kenwood dvd/mp3 player

hks turbo timer

im sure theres way way more, but il add as i go when i remember other stuff.

and probably the best feature of the car is only roughly 30,000kms with service books to prove.

Actually went to japan to find myself a car so all the mods where done there etc. The car was prob ready for some drift work if it hasnt done any already but then again with 30,000 kms you wouldnt think its done to much if any.

I for one am definetely no drift king so never ever attempted to but i assume with a decent aftermarket turbo this thing will be great on the track or as a daily.

some pics here: (bear in mind i did take the large drift wing of and put a nismo spoiler on it, ive changed the steering wheel back to stock and when taking the pics i was changing the oil catch can hence why the neo cover is of)

also these pics are from when i just bought it in japan ( not to long ago as i havent been driving it for no more than 6 months)

DSC00088.jpg

f.jpg

DSC0ff0095.jpg

thanks heaps guys

Edited by dani3l

No way you'll get much more nowadays mate.

It may be worth more, but it's a buyers market and people are selling very cheap nowadays.

Plus that wing is worth about -$5000

haha yeh its been changed, could be worth some quid though its c-west.. a more recent pic at my house

13112007013.jpg

I'd suggest (like some others on here) getting your car as close to stock as possible....especially exterior / looks-wise.

It looks like you've spent a good deal of time and money customizing your ride to fit your preferences, but realize that your specific taste is just that, YOUR specific taste. Other people might have different tastes, so you're limiting your potential customers by selling a modified vehicle. Even if you drove this car like a grandma for the past year, I'd see something like this and think it's led a tough life. Still, I've heard of private sellers selling 33 GTS-T's for $25,000....so I'd say $27,000 might be within your reach, just depends on how long you want to hold on to it.

anyways, good luck on the sale, I imagine we'd sell something like this for around $23,000 (stock standard version, not your specific vehicle, since we only sell stock cars) so that's something to think about.

cheers,

david @ carizma

Yeah sell your mods separately to the car, I bought my zorst for 900 bucks last year, sold it for 550 7 months later. So not too much loss. If I wanted to sell my car and kept the zorst, I wouldnt get anything for it.

People like stock cars when they buy them.

yeh thanks for the help guys, im not in no big rush to sell it. And cos its only done 30,000 i guess it would be pretty attractive if it was in stock form. And some of the parts would be worth some decent cash (defi gagues and power fc)

we'l see how things go cos i really dont have time/cant be bothered sourcing out stock parts as replacements and advertising all the a/m goods but if it comes down to gettin the right price overall then il consider it.

cheers

yeh thanks for the help guys, im not in no big rush to sell it. And cos its only done 30,000 i guess it would be pretty attractive if it was in stock form. And some of the parts would be worth some decent cash (defi gagues and power fc)

we'l see how things go cos i really dont have time/cant be bothered sourcing out stock parts as replacements and advertising all the a/m goods but if it comes down to gettin the right price overall then il consider it.

cheers

Thats the problem with many pple, they buy the car, do it up, spend shit loads on it then decide to sell it for number of reasons (cant afford it, want another car etc). I say keep it or place an ad with your desired price and dont budge, eventually you may get the right buyer.

• 1 month later...

Anywhere from 22k-28k, its a buyers market and you'll find out if the price is too much.

On a side note, if its too cheap many people think there is something wrong with it and dont want to have a look. The only reason i say this is i have a spare r33 gtst manual which i originally wanted to flog off for 12k, thinking that the price was reasonable, i barely got 2 calls in a month. A mate just sold his for 17k, so i up my price to 16k and i've been getting shitloads of calls and its sold pending the finance going through, weird huh?

anyway goodluck with the sale, and those rims are work meisters s2r's :laugh:

Its only worth as much as someone wants to pay for it.

Not trying to be harsh but normally when we price cars we try to give it a fair price based on condition, age, mods etc. and most of the time we rate our cars on the higher end of the scale.

But the reality is that buyers dont want to pay what its worth, they want a bargain. And it depends how long you want to wait as to what price to sell it at. Personally I'd prefer to lose a bit of money in order to sell it and move on, but its up to the seller.

You gain money (sometimes a lot) if you wait, and you gain time if you price it low.

Remember when using the online listings as an indicator of price, that the cars are online because they HAVEN'T sold yet...so you cant always take the listed prices as a good indication of the market.

Good luck with it though...I'm actually selling my car at the moment too.. (shameless plug)....so I know how fun it is...