SAU Community

Whats My Car Worth?

$18,000. not a fan of the kit, or interior, or the uber cool t-wing (!)
lmaoooo

but hey thanks for the honesty

Don't worry about him daniel. He is one of those fellas that thinks R33 looks the most sick out of all the skylines.

I'd reckon you can get mid 20s for your car as most of the buyers don't 'value' the mods done to the car but considering it's a 2000 model, you might get a bit more.

Good luck ;)

So much to write about my car, but comes down to the fact that i think it might be time to go, looking into some sort of convertible, either porsche boxster or beema.

anyway hoepfully people can give me some rough prices on what theyd be willing to pay if they were looking for a r34 gtt.

specs (most likely missed a shitload of stuff but people will get the hint) also apologies if everything is jumbled up im just typing as i think of specs.

<snip>

also these pics are from when i just bought it in japan ( not to long ago as i havent been driving it for no more than 6 months)

thanks heaps guys

Everyone is different, by personally I think you'd be better off trying to get it visibly back to stock as much as possible.

If I was a potential buyer (and I was, only 6 weeks ago), those aftermarket gauges, seats, steering wheel and rear wing would put me off immediately. Better to return it as close to stock as possible and sell off the aftermarket stuff seperately.

Value? Probably 25K tops - I paid $22K for a just complianced 2000 model GTT 6 weeks ago in VG cond - and that's from a dealer.

id say you could get 1500 for the power fc alone

thats a start

sell the defi's (if you have the original gauge din)

injectors and stuff

all that will add up then sell the car for low 20's

Dont forget the market over here in the WEST :D

People tend to buy skylines at higher prices as less of them around.

Economic stuff less competition etc....

So advertise online.. carsales etc, and let them know that you dont mind send interstate at buyers expense...

30 000km mileage with proof of KMS is pretty good for a skyline.. knowing most of them have been changed!

If you're looking to sell the power fc let me know :D

And what kind of boxster are you looking at??? DO NOT get an older one and make sure its an 'S'..... or you will regret it big time.

also you can never expect to get a return on mods of a car

they are simply just not worth much/anything to a buyer

in any case, a stock car would probably fetch more than a highly modded one

so if anything i would sell as many mods as you can

or maybe even think about writing less in the add at least

"R34, with few mods, zaust, cooler, gauges"

Sorry to say mate but i would't buy the car because for me the Pro wings they just don't look right... But thats just me... Good luck with the sale if u sell but i would say it is hard to make a price just have to look in ur area and price to suit and condition of car.....

Edited by 99 GTT

Frankly, you can get a fairly clean stock manual R34 GT-T 2 doors imported directly from Japan now for under 17.5k landed and complied.

Your car seems to be above average, so probably add 1-2k on top of it in stock condition. Sell the aftermarket parts separately.

Put it up on Carsales at a higher price and then reduce it a little every 1-2 weeks, and after a few weeks you'll get a realistic idea of how much it's actually worth on the market. You'll never know when you're gonna get lucky.

Just my 2c

Edited by gtr_z

yeh thanks for the input guys, havent had a chance to advertise it as yet, but once i give it a good clean il chuck it up on carsales, probably advertise it with all the mods now, and maybe a higher price, but if that dosent work out il have to consider getting rid of the a/m parts seperately and flog the car of in stock for hopefully for low 20's

and if i get a few grand back in mods than il be happy

If you're looking to sell the power fc let me know :(

And what kind of boxster are you looking at??? DO NOT get an older one and make sure its an 'S'..... or you will regret it big time.

haha yeh ive heard a few bad things about them of late which has kind of turned me of, but if im going to get one it'l have to be something fairly newer, but also went to see a r34gtr the other day along with a 350z convertible, so still in the market for anything really, but maybe more heading towards something convertible..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know of imaculate gtt thats been sitting around for months at $21000 with 42000ks. The problem is not many people have that much cash lying around so its easier to go to a dealer and do the tradein/ finance thing.

im going to c a black 99 r34 gtt next week. its a freshly imported car and if i purchase i will be the first owner in australia.

pretty much the same mods even the same recaro lol but with out the power fc and that is asking 23,000 landed and complied (obviously not incl reg etc)

but black is a nicer color to me and i will always pay a lil more for black lol

i reckon on carsales u could probz get 25k for this puppy. its clean as and the k's are indicative of a well looked after car.

ive personally sold 3 cars in the last 12 months and i usually got 3-4 grand less than what i advertised for

my 32gtr - i got 15,500

my lexus ls400 - 12,000 (it had like 300k on the clock lol)

my 200sx 10,000

if ur happy to let them go a lil cheaper then generally u will move them quick