SAU Community

**group Buy Open R33 O2 Sensors**

Madaz

Hey guys,

just seeing

1) who might be interested in a group buy on O2 sensor's

2) is there a difference between R32 33 and 34

3) how much should i ask for them I'm thinking roughly 10 units @ $90-100

also my exhaust place says its (from memory) called trident?? and he claims there better than the NGK ones

discuss

*****GROUP BUY OPEN*****

part NGK R33 o2 sensor also fits R32 but not R34 im looking into what the R34 is

Price $61.60inc.

even if you've already stated you might like one please register your intent on purchasing one and i will pm you bank details and add you to the list

i will limit this group buy to 10 people @ 2 weeks from today's day and i will make it all payments in by Friday 21st February, if there is a lot of people wanting o2 sensors i will make a GB #2

thank you

1. Madaz

2. darkhorse

3. bundy_bowler

4. R334door(s2)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting would that be the xr6 turbo one or just any old falcon one?

ford one's can be used they are around 50 bucks new.

ah ok , well lets see where all this talk leads us ill ring the guy who will talk to the supplier for us on monday

well, i have 1 thats working fine, 1 thats on the blink.... =P hence, only need 1 (i thinks)

I'd be up for it Steve but you don't need one yourself, I just replaced the one in my car about 12 months ago and since you have my exhaust... well... you get the drift :)

before you all go rushing out to buy an o2 sensor (btw i dont have your otherone steve) you can test it easily to see if it works or not.... if it works no point wasting your cash and replacing it since your going to be 60 bucks down and have the same economy to show for it.

grab a multimeter and start the car when its at operating temp... probe each of the 3 wires til you find the signal wire (i think its the middle one, could be wrong) and the signal wire should vary between 0.1 and 0.9 volts continuously at idle. if it just stays on a figure... its stuffed

this is the perfect thread for me.....i was just going to ask if anyone knew how to test for a O2 sensor....well thanks to simon now i know what to do and what to look forward to......

quick question

my car has a stock ecu, afm, fuel pump and all.....and its running hell rich just wondering what could i do to not have it running so rich....from what i have heard is that stock r33 ECU's cannot be tunned so how would they make it not run so damn rich.....

This is the NGK part number for the O2 Sensor:

OZA395-E2

I know the R32 and R33 are the same but i am not sure about the 34 as i have not had to replace mine as yet.

I think that Steve and i are going to pull our O2 sensors off and see if they are the same.

All well & good using the Ford sensor if it's the same wire configuration & range. You do have to be careful how you set them up though.

To adapt the Ford sensor to the original connector, all terminals should be crimped using heavy duty connections NOT soldered. Then the crimps should be wrapped in something like a heat resistant vulcanising tape.

If you solder wires you risk having issues with readings later on when the joints fail, & they will fail. Additionally soldering alters the voltages on what is a very sensitive piece of equipment. It only takes small variations with an O2 sensor for the ecu to interpret things quite differently.

While testing with a Multimeter is good for a basic functional test, I wouldn't be willing to bet my life that it's working 100%. O2 sensors do deteriorate with age & use. After only about 60,000km's mine was stuffed, & it never worked as good as it should from the moment I had the car at only half those kays.

Madaz, if you're looking for a supplier I know someone that may be able to get you a pretty good price for a group in either Bosch or NTK (otherwise known as NGK when it comes to spark plugs). The Bosch ones are quite expensive.

I personally run an NTK sensor in mine on the stock ECU & it runs really sweet, with good power & economy.

Edited by J_Red33