SAU Community

Followed By The Cops....again @#%$!

futurewa

Since I got my GTR R32 a few months ago, I've been trailed twice by the cops. On both occasions they broke off major routes to tail me for no apparent reason.

I seriously doubt that all the corpses from last years road toll were extracted from Imports or modified cars, in fact I'd hazard a guess that most of the 'road kill' were tired drivers, drunk drivers, country drivers, older drivers, unbelted drivers and drivers in shitboxes.

So I assume that the coppers that do the harrassment either believe the media propaganda that imports are 'bad news' or are simply after cheap thrills.

Edited by futurewa

only twice??

in the first few months of owning my gtr i was followed many many times for up to 5 km a time just dont do nything wrong and they wont bother you

and after over 2 years of ownign one i still get trailed by the cops

Welcome to the game lol.As Gaz say dont do anything wrong and they probably wont give you a pull.

The police dont discriminate between GT-R's and lesser imports. They dont see the diffence between a clapped out S13 and a well maintained Legend...or the drivers of same

Since I got my GTR R32 a few months ago, I've been trailed twice by the cops. On both occasions they broke off major routes to tail me for no apparent reason.

I seriously doubt that all the corpses from last years road toll were extracted from Imports or modified cars, in fact I'd hazard a guess that most of the 'road kill' were tired drivers, drunk drivers, country drivers, older drivers, unbelted drivers and drivers in shitboxes.

So I assume that the coppers that do the harrassment either believe the media propaganda that imports are 'bad news' or are simply after cheap thrills.

There was a reason and it was to follow you ( most likely had a report of a grey skyline driving stupid n decided to follow n do rego check ) And yes theres alot of import drivers out there that do fit into the " bad news "

mate just do as I do..When they follow you pull into McDonalds drive through or maybe a servo..Put some fuel in, Wash and wipe all the windows on the car lift the bonnet top up your battery,check your oil levels and washer bottle and start fart assing around, put some air in your tires make a phone call or 2 while you are there...Watch how bored they become and leave you alone

Edited by GTR-32U

^^ not worth the effort mate just drive normally if they pull ya over badluck that's the price you pay for owning an import, anything modified or japanese will be targetted by cops, simple really.It sucks but thats the reality.. and there are people out there who are hoons in imports (have seen it with my own eyes) so they aren't wrong at the end of the day.

Edited by showbizz

yeh i must of seen that yellow r34 doing that burnout a 100 times... i made the mistake of buying a car from japan with stickers on it.. i got pulled up about 6 times in the first week of owning it n havent been pulled up since, over a year later except for a time i was speedin.. i think all the cops know my car now and just leave me alone, tho i just pulled over the blue stickers since im fitting a bodykit hopefully this week.. will be intersting to see if i start getting pulled up again

after having multipul imports over lik 2 3 years i have never once been pulled over :rolleyes: and only ever been breath tested once since having my licence :P i dont know how some people get pulled over so much

agreed.

if i see police driving a few cars behind me or coming in my direction, its definatly worth to take a detour.

yes, but at the end of the day they can still pull you over after you've done all that bizz, hell they can wait around till you've done that then pull ya over anyway, if they wanted to, so IMO i dont see the point of avoiding em but if others do that's fine :)

im with phenline here, im close to the same area as the thread starter, driving the same car for a couple of years now and never have been followed.

Theyve never really looked twice at the car. Weird you get major problems ?

They'll occaisionally pull in behind me but if I just putt along like a grandma they usually piss off pretty quickly.

This morning I got lit up less than 30 secs after pulling out of my driveway.. was like 5am and I was heading to a paintball tournament, unmarked car was coming down my street slowly with the highbeams on (i thought it was either cops or a taxi), I back out of my driveway and head down the street directly opposite quite slowly as car was still a bit cold. Cops belted round the corner and sat on my ass, I was like "ahhh here we go" then the lights come on, I pull over, they hover near the back of the car checking my rego, when they realised I lived less than 100m away they pulled up next to me and go "sorry mate, there's just some shit going down in the suburb this morning" I was like "yeah no worries guys cheers" and drove off.

It actually gave me a good feeling about the cops for a change :)

There are people who buy houses next to Jandakot airport. Or they buy them near Wanneroo race way. They know the airport/raceway is there. They know its going to be noisy.

But then they still complain when it happens.

Then there are people who buy imported Japanese cars. They know the cars are targeted by police.

Yet when it happens, they complain?

If you buy an import... expect to get attention from the police. Its a fact of life.

Thread closed.